+6 The Couch

Can Love Be Arranged?

“Couch!” Sana scolded, crossing her arms as she tried to calm herself down.

“I didn’t even do anything!” Tzuyu argued.

“Oh, so now you’re denying everything?” Sana shouted, shaking her head in disappointment.

“I swear I didn’t do anything!” Tzuyu whined.

“Couch, Tzuyu.” Sana huffed, closing their room door on her face.

Jae peeked out of his room at that time, watching on as Tzuyu sighed heavily in defeat. He knew that Mom was in a range of different moods ever since she’d been pregnant.

“Again, Mama?” Jae asked, walking over to Tzuyu to give her a hug.

“I don’t know what I did this time.” Tzuyu mumbled, looking dejected as she sat on the ground.

“I think you should do something this time Mama. You always let Mom make you sleep on the couch and I know how much you love her but you need to make her feel guilty.” Jae huffed.

“Did she take your toys again?” Tzuyu chuckled as Jae nodded.

“You need to get revenge Mama!” Jae whined.

“I won’t need to. Your Mom will realise what she’s done in a few hours. I’ll go through with sleeping on the couch. You should go to bed too otherwise the next thing Mom will take is your action figures. Sleep well Jae.” Tzuyu said, hugging Jae as he kissed her cheek.

Tzuyu huffed, shoulders hunching over as she thought about Jae’s words. Maybe it wouldn’t be bad to a little bit, right? She lay down on the couch, clinging against it to gain some kind of warmth. Sana had forgotten to hand her a blanket in her attempt to push Tzuyu out of the room and now she was freezing. What if Sana didn’t come out of her room till morning? Tzuyu shuddered, willing herself to fall asleep.

Sana did wake up in the middle of the night to check up on Tzuyu like she always does when she forces her to sleep there. She also gasped at the fact that she’d forgotten to give her a blanket and pillow. She’d further cursed her wife under her breath for not coming in and getting them when she was shivering in the cold. Thinking about it, it was the first time Tzuyu had said anything in an argument between the two of them. She scoffed, walking away from Tzuyu as she considered that, not handing Tzuyu a blanket.

“Mama!” Jae whispered, shaking Tzuyu awake.

“Mom didn’t give you a blanket. You should sleep in my bed.” Jae offered.

Tzuyu nodded, realising that she had the perfect plan in her head for her wife’s cold treatment. The two of them fell asleep and Tzuyu was glad for the warmth.

She set up an alarm, waking up before Sana and making breakfast for Jae and herself. She pretended to have a cold, sneezing and coughing occasionally as Jae approved of her plan.

“Well done Mama!” Jae clapped, hi-fiving Tzuyu.

As the two heard the main bedroom door bang shut, they assumed their solemn expressions, finishing off their breakfast. Sana frowned as she noticed Tzuyu’s state when she walked into the kitchen.

“Get ready Jae, I’ll drop you, okay?” Tzuyu said, voice hoarse.

“Okay Mama.” Jae nodded, sulking towards his room.

Sana gulped, realising that Tzuyu was sick and it was all because she’d been stubborn and not given her a blanket during the night time. Jae seemed like he was still sad about his toys and Sana internally groaned at the fact that she was guilty for both of them. She was about to check on Tzuyu’s forehead before she’d disappeared from the kitchen, heading towards their room. Sana huffed, hands on her hips as she stood in the kitchen, noting the similarities between the other two. Tzuyu never ignored her and this was something she’d never experienced. Was she possibly mad at her after their argument?

She’d deducted that was the case when Tzuyu hadn’t given her the usual kiss on the forehead she did every morning when she left. Sana groaned as their front door shut. What was she meant to do now? She decided to make a proper dinner for the two before they came home – hoping it would fix things between them.

She was disappointed when they’d come back home, both of them saying they weren’t hungry and moving on to their rooms. Sana sulked on the spot, realising she had to appease them individually. Knowing Tzuyu would take longer, Sana headed towards Jae first, knocking on his room and heading inside.

“Jae?” Sana called out hesitantly.

“Yes Mom?” Jae answered.

“Sweetheart, you know I never meant to make you upset.” Sana reasoned.

“Why do you think I’m upset Mom?” Jae asked, looking up at Sana.

“Because I took your toys?” Sana replied, unsure.

“No, it’s not because of that.” Jae shook his head, looking down and picking up his action figures.

“Then what is it Jae?” Sana questioned in concern. What else could it possibly be?

“Mama.” Jae answered.

“Mama?” Sana frowned.

“You always make Mama sleep on the couch and you didn’t even give her a blanket yesterday.” Jae whispered, tears filling in his eyes.

“Mama was okay with it Jae. I’m sorry.” Sana pouted, heart breaking at the sight of Jae crying because of this whole argument.

“I think Mama is upset but I’m not sure Mom. She was very quiet when she dropped me and picked me up.” Jae added, playing with his fingers.

“I’ll go talk to Mama after this, okay? I’m sorry Jae.” Sana sniffled as Jae hugged her.

She left Jae’s room a little while later, handing back his toys and playing with him. Now she had the bigger task to do. Talking to Tzuyu in a state she’s never dealt with before makes things hard and scary at the same time. She hesitated, not sure how to approach the topic of their argument. She hadn’t even told her the reason and now that she thought about it, Sana was being stupid about the whole situation in the first place.

Tzuyu was asleep when she walked inside, glasses on her nose and papers still in hand. She hadn’t even sat on the bed and that made Sana’s heart hurt even more. She walked over to Tzuyu, pulling off her glasses and putting the papers on the floor. Sana checked her forehead, double checking for any signs of fever before she got up.

A firm grip on her wrist and a slight tug was all that was needed to bring Sana back. Tzuyu had slipped her fingers through Sana’s, leaning her head against her back. While she’d wanted to tease Sana about whatever happened, she couldn’t find it in her heart to do so. Sana must have had a reason to scold her and she knew that. The bigger plan was to get Sana in the room to talk to her about everything.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for whatever I did.” Tzuyu whispered, breaking Sana’s heart into small pieces. “I didn’t mean to hurt you or to cause you distress and it’s all my fault.”

“It’s not. It’s not your fault. Don’t apologise.” Sana shook her head, sobs racking through her body as she looked down.

Tzuyu took this chance to get up, moving to stand in front of Sana, wiping away her tears.

“Hey, shh. It’s okay love.” Tzuyu comforted, placing a kiss on Sana’s forehead.

“It’s not okay. I always do this. It’s unfair to you.” Sana mumbled, unable to look at Tzuyu.

“I don’t mind sleeping on the couch occasionally. I just wished you brought a blanket.” Tzuyu teased, trying to make Sana laugh and it worked.

“I’m sorry for that too.” Sana laughed, burying herself into Tzuyu’s arms.

“You know that Jae woke me up and told me to go to sleep in his bed because you didn’t give me a blanket.” Tzuyu chuckled.

“That’s why he was upset earlier.” Sana sulked.

“You can always just buy his favourite ice cream. He’ll be fine after that.” Tzuyu suggested.

“That’s why he probably favours you more.” Sana sighed.

“Nope. It’s because you take his toys away.” Tzuyu laughed.

“Well I have to be the evil parent because you’re the good one.” Sana rolled her eyes.

“You know I’m new to the whole parenting thing.” Tzuyu shrugged, smirk on her face.

“Hah, new? I’d think you’re rubbing it in my face.” Sana scoffed.

“What? I would never do that.” Tzuyu smiled, leaning forward to kiss Sana.

“That’s a very big lie but when this one comes, I’ll make sure they favour me.” Sana smirked, patting her stomach.

“We’ll see about that.” Tzuyu challenged.


A/N: So uh, baby #2 is being delayed a little bit.
I'm sorry!
I don't know how much longer I want to extend this actually ~
You guys let me know if I should continue to add more chapters or not.

Hope you like it!