+1 The Honeymoon

Can Love Be Arranged?

Sana yawned as she stretched in the morning, smiling happily as she watched Tzuyu sleeping with hanging open slightly. She washed up and got dressed, deciding to spend some time elsewhere. She moved to the hammock outside their hut, grabbing one of her books and seating herself on the netted swing.

Appreciating the calm morning breeze, she could’ve fallen asleep again outside. The waves crashing by the shore and the birds in the air – nothing else could affect the peaceful environment. Sana sighed in bliss as she stared up at the clear blue sky. Everything was so perfect. She opened her book and started reading soon after. She was so invested in her book and the parallel world that she hadn’t realised that Tzuyu had woken up and come around to look for Sana. Tzuyu chuckled as she saw Sana on the hammock, swinging so carelessly that she was surprised it hadn’t put her back to sleep.

“Interesting book?” Tzuyu asked, scaring Sana who tangled herself in the net, falling into Tzuyu’s arms.

Sana could’ve sworn those arms weren’t there before but she was grateful for their presence. She blushed deeply and closed her eyes as she realised she was still in Tzuyu’s arms, being carried to the beach. She held onto Tzuyu’s shirt tightly, hands wrapped around her neck as they continued walking. Tzuyu giggled at Sana’s reaction and let her down on the sand as they reached closer to the shore.

“Were you awake for long?” Tzuyu asked as she seated Sana between her legs, cuddling her from the back.

“Nope, not for long.” Sana answered, closing her eyes as she basked in the warmth of both the sun and Tzuyu.

“Next time, just wake me up love. I don’t like waking up after you.” Tzuyu pouted, making Sana smile. She turned around and pecked Tzuyu’s lips quickly before facing the water, leaving a blushing Tzuyu behind.

“Do we have anything planned today?” Sana asked as she moved off Tzuyu.

“Yes we do. It’s a cruise to a nearby island. We’ll be having lunch there and coming back here for dinner. We have to be at the wharf in about half an hour so we should make some small things.” Tzuyu answered, pulling Sana up and clearing sand from her clothes.

Sana slipped her hand in Tzuyu’s as they walked to the wharf. A line of people were queued to enter the ferry and the two of them were currently at the end. Tzuyu smiled at Sana’s excitement; she was currently jumping and looking around, sometimes pointing to things in the area. They both boarded the ferry, sitting on the side to bask in the beauty of the sea. The cruise instructor informed the passengers of the activities of the day which included snorkelling, canoeing and a glass boat ride. It wasn’t compulsory to participate in the activities so you could just chill on the island if you wanted to.

Sana’s eyes lit up immediately when the instructor mentioned canoeing and the boat ride. They couldn’t do snorkelling since there was still a risk of Sana’s injury getting worse through swimming for a long period of time. She had suggested Tzuyu should go if she wanted to but she shook her head immediately, not wanting to leave Sana alone for a single bit.

“You can do it, you know. I won’t mind.” Sana smiled.

“I know but I don’t want to do it if it’s not with you.” Tzuyu replied, kissing Sana’s palm and intertwining their fingers.

Sana smiled and leaned back into Tzuyu’s embrace as they headed closer to the island. They’d served little snacks on the ferry and Tzuyu giggled as Sana came back with a whole pile of fruits. Clumsily, the two of them fed each other, juice spilling over the side of their mouths and more giggling than eating going on.

“How about we go to the deck? It’s emptier now.” Tzuyu suggested, pulling Sana up as she nodded eagerly.

Sana faced away from the sun, Tzuyu sitting behind her once again. She squealed excitedly as she could see the island from their position. Tzuyu chuckled, snaking her arms around Tzuyu’s waist and kissing Sana’s shoulder. The two sighed in bliss as they travelled, appreciating the calmness that the water reflected.

People came off the ferry in groups, a smaller boat taking them to the shore of the island. Deciding to go on the last one, Sana and Tzuyu stayed on the ferry, taking goofy pictures and laughing at the ones they’d taken. Soon enough, they boarded the small boat, gasping as it had a mini clear floor that could show the corals and reefs in the ocean. Rolling up their jeans, the two of them waded ankle deep in the water to the shore.

They headed to the middle of the island where they were told about the activities and where they would be conducted. Everyone had to be back for lunch before they’d dismiss water activities and continue with land activities.

Sana and Tzuyu headed off to canoeing first, deciding that since everyone was going snorkelling, it would be less busy. Tzuyu carefully seated Sana into the front seat, sitting at the back since she was taller.

“Are you sure you want to sit at the back?” Sana asked again.

“Yes love, you won’t be able to see anything if I sit at the front.” Tzuyu answered, making Sana blush at her thoughtfulness.

They’d probably rowed for about fifteen minutes when Sana forced Tzuyu to take a break since her hand were hurting.

“It’s only been fifteen minutes.”

“I know but we can’t canoe for a long time.”

“But it’s only been fifteen minutes.”

“And you’re repeating the same thing.”

“But–”

“Yes, it’s been fifteen minutes.”

Tzuyu chuckled at the fact that she’d successfully annoyed Sana. She teasingly leaned forward and kissed Sana’s neck, surprising her and causing the canoe to tilt as Sana squealed.

“I think we should go back to shore before you tilt us into the ocean.” Tzuyu chuckled.

“It wouldn’t have tilted if you hadn’t put your hands on me.” Sana snickered.

“But I kissed you, I didn’t touch you.” Tzuyu teased.

Sana whined but ignored Tzuyu, already a blushing mess. “Let’s go.” She mumbled, picking up her oar again and heading towards the shore.

Tzuyu smiled at her wife’s actions, paddling in support as Sana concentratedly moved the canoe forward. Sana huffed as they reached the shore, getting out with ease much to Tzuyu’s surprise. Before Tzuyu could say anything, Sana was out and gone, leaving her behind. She struggled to get out herself, taking off her vest as she went to look for her wife.

A hand touched her shoulder and Tzuyu flinched, not appreciative of contact from unknown people. She turned around to face an orange haired girl giving her a massive smile. Tzuyu felt uncomfortable and nervous, she didn’t know whether she was meant to talk first or what. She looked at the sand instead, waiting for some kind of miracle to happen. A familiar hand slipped through hers and gave it a squeeze – Sana smiling at her as she stood next to Tzuyu.

Hell, she wanted to make Tzuyu feel bad for her teasing so she was watching her from afar but as soon as someone else had approached her Tzuyu, she couldn’t stand still. Especially since Tzuyu looked like an absolute nervous wreck and seemed uncomfortable with the girl in front of her, Sana had to do something.

“Is everything okay?” Sana asked Tzuyu, pushing her hair behind her ear. Tzuyu nodded, not saying anything and it worried Sana a little bit.

“Sorry to disturb you. I just wanted to know if you guys knew if there was a bathroom nearby? I couldn’t spot one.” The girl asked.

“Ah, we don’t know either. But we can help you if you like?” Sana offered, holding on to Tzuyu’s hand tighter.

“Thank you so much! I’ll just call my friend if you don’t mind.” The girl asked enthusiastically.

“No worries. We’ll wait for you here.” Sana offered as the girl skipped away.

Sana turned her attention to Tzuyu as the girl walked away. “You okay Tzuyu?”

“Yeah, just a little shaken up. You might have helped me open up but I’m still a nervous wreck.” Tzuyu mumbled.

“Well, good thing I’m with you most of the time then!” Sana teased, kissing Tzuyu’s cheek as she blushed.

The girl came back with another brown haired girl, smiling as she approached them.

“This is Jihyo and I’m Dahyun.” She greeted.

“Oh, you’re Korean too?” Sana asked.

“Yes we are.” Jihyo nodded, smiling.

“Alright, can we find the bathroom first though.” Dahyun whined, making them all chuckle as they all searched for a bathroom, finding one in a short period of time.

“We’ll meet up with you at lunch, if that’s okay?” Jihyo asked.

“That’s fine.” Tzuyu replied, surprising Sana. They waved goodbye as Sana smiled at Tzuyu creepily.

“That was nice.” Sana commented.

“What was?” Tzuyu asked.

“You said yes to them hanging out with us.” Sana chuckled.

“Ah, I did? Must be because of someone around me.” Tzuyu commented.

“I know, I’m great.” Sana shrugged,

“But I was talking about Dahyun.” Tzuyu teased, running away as Sana glared at her.

“That’s twice already Tzuyu! I’m going to kill you!” Sana shouted.

“Come on, if you want to go on the boat ride then you need to hurry.” Tzuyu shouted to Sana, waiting for her near the shore.

Sana jumped on to Tzuyu’s back as she approached her, surprising Tzuyu but she kept her balance. Pushing her up, Tzuyu held on to Sana’s thighs tightly as she had her arms around Tzuyu’s neck.

“Am I heavy?” Sana asked as Tzuyu was breathing hard.

“No, you’re just choking me.” Tzuyu managed to word out.

“YA! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME!” Sana shouted, immediately removing her hands, making Tzuyu topple forward with Sana landing on top of her.

Both breathing hard from the fall, they chuckled. Sana had landed on Tzuyu’s chest while Tzuyu seemed to have landed on something else. Or maybe someone else. She pushed Sana up and got up herself, almost bursting into laughter as she saw that she had landed on Dahyun, currently gasping and breathing deeply.

“What the hell!” Dahyun coughed out, watching as the other two couldn’t stop laughing.

“We’re sorry Dahyun.” Tzuyu apologised, pulling Dahyun up and helping her get sand off her clothes.

Dahyun bit back a smile, it was a little funny but she almost died under them too.

“Are you guys going somewhere?” Dahyun asked as she got her breathing back to normal.

“Just the boat ride.” Tzuyu commented, pointing to the area.

“Ah, alright. I’ll let you two get on with it then. I’ll get my revenge later.” Dahyun teased, sticking out her tongue as she walked away.

Sana and Tzuyu chuckled, walking hand in hand to the boat. They were next in line and sat inside, shuffling a little bit as more people boarded. There were steered into the ocean, the guide informing them of the reefs and corals that were visible under the glass floor. Sana could only gasp at the beauty under the glass. She held on to Tzuyu’s hand tightly as she squealed with glee. Tzuyu could only watch Sana with admiration and appreciation. She looked so crazy when she was excited and enthusiastic but it made her smile like no tomorrow.

The ride ended quicker than Sana expected and she was pouting as they came off the boat. It was lunch time now anyway so they had to head back.

“That was nice! I wish we could go again.” Sana said dreamily.

“Maybe one day.” Tzuyu replied, slipping her hand through Sana’s.


A/N: Finally thought of what to add as an additional chapter ~
Hope you like it :D

Sorry for any typos :)

- supercalifragilisticexpialidocious author