The Finesse

Can Love Be Arranged?

“Come on, let’s go eat dinner.” Nichkhun suggested as he finished the tour of the house. “Have a seat.”

“Woah, Nichkhun Sshi, this is too much for us all.” Wooyoung said, clearly shocked.

“Eh, it was nothing much.” Nichkhun denied.

They all seated themselves at the table, Chaeyoung, Sana and Tiffany being the only ones not eating.

“You know Dad, after watching Aunty Tiffany cook, I’m absolutely amazed by what can conspire in the kitchen.” Chaeyoung commented, placing some items on the table.

“Tiffany Sshi, Nichkhun is a very lucky man to have you in his life.” Wooyoung chuckled.

“Yes, very.” Tiffany replied quietly.

“Actually, Sana made the chicken pasta bake tonight Dad. She’s absolutely wonderful in the kitchen.” Chaeyoung continued.

“Oh really? Then I’ll definitely have more.” Wooyoung commented.

Sana was cutting out the pieces and placing them on respective plates. She offered it to Tzuyu who immediately declined but she placed a piece on her plate anyway, leaving a blushing Tzuyu behind.

“Hey Mina, how come you haven’t eaten anything?” Wooyoung asked.

“Ah, no reason Dad.” Mina replied, forcing a smile.

“Cheohyeong, I think Unnie is having withdrawal from missing out on her business news.” Tzuyu giggled.

“Ha-ha. I’m right here you know.” Mina scoffed.

“Eat.” Chaeyoung scolded, shutting Mina up.

The rest of the dinner passed by without any chaos or sly food placements. Tzuyu helped wash the dishes, throwing an occasion glance or two at Sana, who she was working with.

“Sana dear, could you come here for a minute?” Nichkhun called out.

Tzuyu pouted at the fact that she was left by herself. Here she was thinking she could finally work up some courage to talk to Sana.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon.” Sana whispered.

Tzuyu blushed to a deeper shade of red, realising that she’d been caught. She banged her head against a nearby cupboard in embarrassment and all she could ask herself was why?

Sana left the kitchen with a smile because of Tzuyu’s actions.  She headed towards the living room, being told that It was actually Tzuyu’s parents who wanted to talk to Sana rather than her uncle. She sat down next him, waiting for him to start.

“How are your studies going?” Wooyoung asked.

“They’re going well. I’m currently lecturing twice a week at xxxxx University.” Sana answered.

“You work all the way near us?! That must be an hour travel per way! When you want to further develop your studies, I already talked to Nichkhun about you staying with us instead. It’s going to be much easier for you.” Wooyoung commented.

Before Sana could reply, Mina came and whispered something into Wooyoung’s ear, surprising him immensely.

“Nichkhun Sshi, I heard you’re not going to be sleeping in the same house.” Wooyoung demanded as he walked up to Tiffany and Nichkhun.

“No Wooyoung Sshi, we’ll just be in the next door cottage. We just want you rest without interruption.” Nichkhun denied.

“Dad, the only reason they’re sleeping there is so that we can get three spacious rooms to ourselves rather than be squashed together.” Chaeyoung mentioned.

“Really Nichkhun Sshi?” Wooyoung said, slightly annoyed. “Mina, help with the mattresses pull them out into the living room. The girls can sleep there while we’ll sleep in the next room.”

In the midst of this talking, Sana had gone back into the kitchen, walking a little too fast and chuckling as Tzuyu was pouting while staring outside.

“Anything interesting outside?” Sana teased, laughing as Tzuyu whipped her head around and straightened her posture.

“N-no. Nothing.” Tzuyu stuttered.

“Come on, we should head off to sleep.” Sana called.

Tzuyu nodded, getting up off her seat and walking alongside Sana. Their hands brushed as they walked and she could’ve sworn she felt an electric jolt run through her body, sending her body shivering.

“Are you okay? Are you feeling cold?” Sana asked worriedly, remembering Tzuyu was sick.

Tzuyu blushed; she was so nervous and jumpy today. “I’m okay.”

They arrived at the room, laughing at the scene before them. It seemed like Wooyoung and Nichkhun were having an intense conversation.

“Somi, hold Uncle down. I need to sleep next to him to lecture him about his behaviour.” Wooyoung commanded.

“No –”

“Just have a seat Nichkhun Sshi.” Wooyoung tried again. Nichkhun gave up and listening to Wooyoung eventually.

“Sana, can you get some more blankets?” Momo asked. She walked up to the linen cupboard, grabbing a few thick blankets and taking them down. She stopped halfway when she realised Tzuyu was waiting for her at the bottom.

Tzuyu walked up the remaining distance between the two of them. “Can I take some of them?”

Sana smiled, handing over two of the blankets over to her.

“Thank you.” Sana whispered.

“For what? I can’t have you holding all these things by yourself now, can I?” Tzuyu chuckled, making Sana blush.

They walked back to the rooms in a comfortable silence; no words were needed to change their situation.

They had certain sleeping arrangements prepared for them. Momo was sleeping on one end, Sana next to her. Tzuyu was up on the opposite end of Momo, with Mina next to her. Somi was sleeping next to Sana and Chaeyoung was in between her wife and child.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 M

 O

 M

 O

 S

 A

 N

 A

 S

 O

 M

 I

 C

 H

 A

 E

 N

 G

 M

 I

 N

 A

 T

 Z

 U

 Y

 U

(If you want to know how they were placed)

Despite the fact that everyone was heading off to sleep, Tzuyu still couldn’t close her eyes. She could hear her sister’s soft snores next to her, deep asleep. Instead of lying down and staying there, Tzuyu decided to sneak outside, in the mood for some fresh air. She sighed in bliss as she sat up on the deck, admiring the surroundings. She still had to give Sana her necklace and she didn’t know how to. She fiddled with it in her pocket, thinking about when to give it. At the rate she was going, she wasn’t going to be able to give it at all.

 A sudden wind gush sent her shivering from the cold but faded quickly as a blanket landed around her shoulders. Tzuyu looked up in shock to see Sana smiling down at her.

“What are you doing out here by yourself? You’re not even dressed warmly when you’re sick.” Sana scolded.

Tzuyu just looked at Sana sheepishly at the fact that she was already getting scolded. “Sorry.”

“How come you’re awake?” Tzuyu asked.

“I usually read before I go to sleep. It helps me sleep better. Also, I might’ve seen you come out here yourself.” Sana replied.

“So you followed me?” Tzuyu teased, making Sana blush.

“I didn’t want you to freeze outside.” Sana mumbled.

“Thank you, for joining.” Tzuyu said sincerely.

Sana smiled at Tzuyu’s sincerity.

“Tell me more about yourself. You didn’t say much when we first met.” Tzuyu

“Well, I’m actually usually quiet. Somehow I talk a little more when I’m with you, already. I’m actually quite clumsy too. Sometimes you’ll see my trip on air.” Sana started, making Tzuyu chuckle softly.

The wind caused Sana’s hair to go wild and Tzuyu carefully placed it behind her ear, brushing her hands across Sana’s cheeks in the process. Sana shuddered at the contact yet she embraced the feeling of Tzuyu’s soft fingers.

“What’s your job like?” Tzuyu asked, breaking the physical contact between them abruptly much to Sana’s disappointment.

“I like it. Though it can be chaotic sometimes, something about being able to share education with others makes me happy. it makes me feel like I’ve affected their life in a good way, you know?” Sana answered.

Tzuyu nodded, understanding what she meant completely.

“What about you? What do you like most about your work? You said you didn’t leave often; why?” Sana asked.

“Honestly, I think I was avoiding talking to others and getting involved in relationships. I always thought they’d be a distraction or someone would take advantage of the fact that I was the company owner’s sister.” Tzuyu shook her head as she explained. “I feel like I make a difference when I work. Creating the structure of buildings is really important and I feel like that responsibility – to be able to fulfil it – I think it means a lot. A lot of trust goes into building it and it makes me feel happy when I do a good job.”

“That’s a deep analysis.” Sana chuckled, making Tzuyu laugh as well. Sana’s laughter was like music to Tzuyu’s ears.

“Are you happy with everything?” Tzuyu asked.

“That’s a broad question. I’m pretty satisfied with everything Aunty and Uncle have given me. They gave me a home, an education. I don’t know where I’d be without them. I have a good job; I can live well. I guess I am.” Sana answered. “Anyway, tell me something else about you. Something random.”

“Well, I like singing.” Tzuyu commented, making Sana’s eyes light up.

“Can you sing? Just a little bit?” Sana asked, giving her best puppy eyes that Tzuyu couldn’t resist.

“I can, but I need to give you something first. I got you a present. If – if we have time tomorrow, do you think we could meet? Just the two of us, like now? Cheohyeong can set something up –”

“I will. But you have to sing!” Sana warned, taking the necklace and making Tzuyu chuckle.

She cleared before she began singing.

Once my friends meet you
They tell me I’m a lucky girl
Perfect chemistry, even when we’re busy
Your cute selfies melt me, girl

They say everyone is all the same
That we’re only nice at first
But that’s not the case with you
Every day is like a new beginning

This is embarrassing
But let me tell you something unbelievable

You’re so fine
Your personality gets me again and again
The charming way your eyes smile at me
I doubt I’ll ever get used to that

You’re so fine
Your ways get me every time
The sound of your voice when you talk
I doubt I’ll ever get sick of that

The song was just the first one she picked about when she thought about Sana. She felt like it was the perfect song for her own feelings. Tzuyu already felt Sana’s head on her own shoulder half way through the song. She had looked down and realised that Sana had fallen asleep, mouth slightly agape. She chuckled to herself and picked her up bridal style, carrying her inside and setting her back into her bed. Tzuyu had spent only a little bit of time with her yet she wished it could last forever. Everything about Sana was driving her mad; how could she find someone so fine?


A/N: I finally updated *I come in peace, please don't kill me*

The lyrics are from CNBLUE's You're So Fine

Let me know what you think about the chapter!

Hope you liked it!

- stupid author