+ 9 The First Day

Can Love Be Arranged?

“Look baby, you have to stop panicking.” Tzuyu attempted to calm down her wife, who was having some troubles breathing.

She gestured for Sana to breathe in and out with her, feeling the tension escape her body once she saw her following her moves. Sana let out a heavy sigh, leaning her forehead against Tzuyu’s shoulder, who soothed her further, running her hand through Sana’s hair.

“How can you remain so calm?” Sana muttered, eyeing the mess she made in the kitchen.

“Who said that I’m calm?” Tzuyu chuckled, kissing the top of Sana’s head. “You go sit at the dining table and I’ll clean this up, okay? You don’t have to worry about anything.” She added, guiding Sana to the chair and kissing her fingers before moving back to the kitchen.

Sana sulked as she watched her wife move about the kitchen, tidying up her mess. She might have had a little bit of a breakdown while she was cooking and it had resulted in a series of unfortunate events. Like, very unfortunate.

“If you don’t stop sulking, I’ll leave this behind.” Tzuyu from the kitchen.

“I’m sincerely considering that!” Sana shouted, hearing Tzuyu chuckle.

“I’ll be quick.” Tzuyu ran around to tidy everything.

Sana shook her head but found the sight of her wife, extremely adorable. She was still left speechless by Tzuyu’s actions occasionally, never full getting accustomed to her kind gestures and her clinginess (sometimes). Time and time again, Sana was grateful for Tzuyu’s presence in her life – especially with times like this, when she needs her most.

A short (extremely long, in Sana’s time) ten minutes later, Tzuyu was in front of Sana, catching her off guard as she carried her in her arms and moved to the couch. Sana’s blushing face was hidden against Tzuyu’s neck, and she knew, her wife was sporting a teasing smirk on her face.

“You know, we’ve gone through this before, right?” Tzuyu started, indicating to their daughter, who was diligently drawing something in her book, sitting on the carpet of their room.

“I know, but I feel so much more overwhelmed this time.” Sana whined.

“It’s because she’s the small one. Wait until Jae graduates from elementary school.” Tzuyu laughed as Sana smacked her arm for making her emotional.

“It’s going to be her first day of school; I feel old.” Sana huffed.

“Because, maybe we are?” Tzuyu ruined the moment again, earning herself a pinch this time. “Still as abusive as ever.”

“You asked for it.” Sana grumbled, melting as soon as Tzuyu kissed her forehead.

“It scares me. It scares me that they’re growing up so fast. It’s like, I used to remember holding them but now they’re already standing on their own. Jae is growing like a giant too. I… don’t talk about it a lot but it does overwhelm me and cross my mind. More than I try to show it.” Tzuyu confessed.

Sana looked up at her wife, pure adoration filled in her eyes as she spoke about her children. She couldn’t help herself, gently cupping Tzuyu’s cheeks and pressing her lips to hers. This just keeps piling on the reasons why she loves Tzuyu so much. How could this girl continue to be so amazing?

Tzuyu was clearly taken off guard by Sana’s kiss, but responded a mere moment later, looping her arm behind Sana’s neck. Don’t blame Tzuyu, but over the years of loving Sana, she could never have enough of Sana’s kisses. If she were to be cheesy, they were like drugs – addictive, and a problem when you didn’t have them.

“Ma– oh my god, seriously.” Jae walked in, covering his eyes as he saw his parents.

The duo chuckled as they separated, turning to face their son who was now blushing red. “Good morning kiddo.”

“Morning. Are we all going to take Yuna to school today?” Jae asked as he jumped in between Sana and Tzuyu.

“Mhmm. She’s been awake for half an hour already. I can’t tell if she’s nervous or excited.” Tzuyu chuckled as she observed their daughter, concentrating so hard that her eyebrows were furrowed.

“A mix of both.” Sana nodded, patting Jae’s head. “Alright, breakfast time.”

The whole family headed towards the kitchen as soon as Sana said those words, Yuna dropping her work in an instant. Tzuyu stomped behind her, making her giggle as she ran towards her seat.

Sana just shook her head at the antics of her family. As soon as everything was set on the table, they all grabbed for whatever they wanted, Tzuyu ensuring Yuna had what she wanted to eat before taking out her own breakfast. Besides the sound of munching, nothing else could be heard in the kitchen. This was the daily life of the Chou’s. The stomach was the way to solve anything in this house.

“Jae, help Yuna pack her things when you’re done, alright?” Tzuyu called out to their son as he ran to get ready first.

“I already did it, don’t worry!” Jae shouted.

Sana saw Tzuyu’s shoulders lower down as she sighed in relief, replicating the same reaction herself. She sat beside Tzuyu as Yuna ate, who was now grinning at the two of them.

“Let’s get you ready!” Sana smiled as Yuna washed up, holding her hand and guiding her to her room.

Tzuyu took this as a chance to calm herself down. She was alright when she took Jae for his first day of school but it’s hitting her harder now that Yuna is going. She couldn’t have wished for a better family and life than what she had now. Sana was the best thing in her life, who then gave her Jae and then Yuna. Everything just went by so fast, she was amazed.

Not to forget to mention, that Sana’s sister was also now married and Tzuyu’s sister, Mina, also had another child – who was a year above Yuna.

“I can hear your wheels turning in your mind from here.” Sana scolded as she embraced Tzuyu from behind. Tzuyu held onto her hand, brushing her thumb over it.

“I’m just grateful. For you. For Jae. For Yuna.” Tzuyu mumbled, ducking her head as she felt emotional all over again.

“Wow, are you the one crying today Tzu?” Sana teased, moving to stand in front of Tzuyu. “I had no idea bringing Yuna’s first day up would make you this sentimental.”

“I’m not sentimental!” Tzuyu argued, officially a mess.

Sana giggled, bringing Tzuyu in for a much needed hug. Tzuyu could be her baby too, a lot more often than you think. Once she opened up her heart to Sana, she realised how precious Tzuyu’s mind really. She was so surprised at how often Tzuyu made herself strong, just for the sake of Sana and the kids. It was moments like these that reminded Sana that they needed to take a breather sometimes.

“You know, you’re the best parent Jae and Yuna could have. Even if you’ve got them wrapped around your finger with your bribery.” Sana attempted to make Tzuyu laugh, and succeeding. “I love you, a lot. And we’re going to get through this day together and cry later.” She said as she wiped away Tzuyu’s tears.

Tzuyu nodded earnestly as she remained tucked against Sana’s neck, feeling the kisses being pressed against her head.

“Now let’s go drop our kids off, okay?” Sana pulled away from the embrace.

The whole family piled into the car and Sana looked at Tzuyu one last time to check if she was okay. Noticing her wife’s gaze, Tzuyu turned to face Sana, sticking out her tongue before facing the front again.

“Ready!?” Tzuyu cheered.

“Let’s go Ma!” Jae and Yuna shouted together, making the parents laugh.

Jae kissed his parents’ cheeks as he ran off to his class, leaving Yuna with Sana and Tzuyu. The duo could sense that Yuna was nervous, seeing her glance at her surroundings quickly. She held onto Tzuyu’s hand with her left, and Sana’s hand with her right, looking up to them with a cute smile that melted their hearts.

“Miyoungie is here!” Yuna pointed towards Mina’s daughter, who waved at her cousin with huge delight.

It seemed to be, that Sana and Tzuyu were actually more worried about Yuna than the little girl was, herself. Well, she was their little baby who was no longer so little, of course they’d be emotional about it. Mina didn’t stop crying for hours after she dropped Miyoung to her class last year – yes, Mina was the one crying. She needed consolation from Chaeyoung.

Tzuyu turned to face Sana, who was looking at Yuna with a concerned glance. “Baby, she’ll be fine.”

“Shouldn’t I be the one to say that to you? I believe you were the emotional one literally an hour ago.” Sana teased, making Tzuyu blush.

The three of them walked together to Yuna’s classroom, feeling nervous as they neared the door.

It was time.

Sana and Tzuyu bent down, kissing Yuna’s forehead one at a time.

“Have a good day sweetheart. Have heaps of fun.” Tzuyu encouraged, hugging the little one first.

“See you in the afternoon, my cutie.” Sana cooed over Yuna, engulfing her with a big hug and kisses. She could feel Yuna squirming in her embrace and decided to let her go – seeing her sport a cheeky smile like her Ma.

“Bye! Love you!” Yuna kissed her parents’ cheeks before running inside the classroom.

Sana and Tzuyu could only laugh at how her backpack, which was bigger than her, shook as she went into class.

Chou Yuna was totally calm.

Completely different from what her parents expected.

“Did she really just waltz into class and not cry?” Sana asked, bewildered.

“Well, she takes after me so–”

“Oh, shut up Tzu.” Sana grumbled, cutting off Tzuyu.

“You know what? I just realised… we have the house to ourselves.” Tzuyu changed the subject.

“Mhmm. And I’m going to be in my bedroom while you clean the house. Bye Tzu.” Sana teased, running towards their car.

“Hey! That’s mean!” Tzuyu whined, chasing after her wife.

Dropping off Yuna on her first day of school? Done.


A/N: Happy SaTzu Day to you all :D

A special update for this month!!

Hope you like it~