The First Meeting

Can Love Be Arranged?

“So what else do you want to know about Sana?” Chaeyoung asked Tzuyu. “She’s a lecturer at xxxxxx University here, she really enjoys reading and she loves the scenery. I really think she’ll compliment your personality.”

“Cheohyeong, when I meet her, what do I even say?” Asked Tzuyu, worried again.

“You have nothing to worry about. I’m pretty sure she’s going through the same thing as you now.” Chaeyoung teased.

“Tzuyu! You need to get ready! We’re leaving soon!” Mr Chou shouted.

“Yes Dad!”

“You’ll be fine Tzu. I know it.” Chaeyoung comforted one last time.

Tzuyu moved to get dressed; perhaps something formal yet comfortable? Something that isn’t too over the top? She hurriedly threw on an outfit, calming herself down before she headed down to their car. Tzuyu was travelling with her parents while her sister was travelling in another car with Chaeyoung Cheohyeong and Somi.

Her palms were getting sweaty and her hands were shaking in nervousness. The way she was headed, Tzuyu was going to stuff something up for sure. She tapped her foot on the car floor repeatedly, unaware of her actions.

“Sweetie, we don’t need a hole in the floor of the car.” Mr Chou teased.

‘O-oh, r-right.” Tzuyu stuttered.

“Just breathe Tzuyu. I know you’re very nervous right now which is totally normal. Once you meet her then you’ll be less nervous.” Mrs Chou comforted.

“Thanks Mum.” Tzuyu muttered.

They arrived in the small town two hours away from their own in a drive that seemed like it was never going to end. Tzuyu’s eyes were wide with appreciation. Everything was so open and free. It was actually breath-taking and so different from her normal environment. Being away from the city sure does wonders on your mental health, that was for sure. Tzuyu sighed in appreciation of it's beauty. It was so peaceful and so much less chaotic without the constant beeping and swearing from commuters. It's the perfect place for a getaway or a mini holiday.

Tzuyu browsed around the outside of the double story house in awe, eventually landing her gaze on a wide eyed girl she recognised in an instant. Time seemed to be at a standstill as they continued gazing at each other from a far, a blush appearing on both their cheeks when they finally decided to break it. Tzuyu smiled slightly as the girl hid behind someone else who she guessed to be her cousin. Her gaze was somewhat comforting – it made her less nervous. The butterflies in her stomach seemed to have calmed down but her heart was still going insane.

Her parents greeted the family one by one, coming to Tzuyu’s turn who bowed deeply. She looked around the house as they continued walking, using it as way to calm her nerves. Mina put a comforting hand on Tzuyu’s shoulder, giving her a smile in a feeble attempt to get rid of the last of her nerves.

Sana on the other hand, couldn’t help but smile when she hid behind Momo, observing Tzuyu from far. Why was her heart already feeling crazy? She held her chest, finding the beat of her heart as she asked herself; what was this feeling? Momo helped Sana put the final touch-ups on her outfit and she was ready. The former pet Sana’s head as she was about to leave the room but Sana stopped her, holding onto Momo’s hand. She nervously laughed, still scared about everything.

“You’ll be fine Sana. And might I add, you look really beautiful.” Said Momo, giving Sana’s hand a squeeze.

Momo didn’t leave, staying and motivating Sana in the last few minutes. The guests had probably been waiting for a while already and she was sure that Tzuyu must be getting more and more nervous as the time ticked by.

Sana was certain Tzuyu was going through what she was going through as well – possibly worse. Her Uncle had a tendency to ask a lot of questions when he was nervous so she was hoping Tzuyu wouldn’t become too uncomfortable. The mini moment they had outside already made her shy and flustered. Momo chuckled at Sana, who seemed to be unconsciously smiling.

“Let’s go!” Momo whispered, walking out of her room with Sana.

She knew immediately that Tzuyu was staring at her when she left her room. Why was it that she could feel her gaze so easily? How could she tell it was her gaze that was on her? When the feeling disappeared, Sana looked up to see why and saw Tzuyu sitting nervously, playing with her fingers. Her Uncle approached Sana as she came towards the lounge, guiding her to seat her in front of Tzuyu who was getting teasing looks from her Cheohyeong. She tried avoiding eye-contact with her, even though she could easily tell when Tzuyu was staring. She was surprised herself that the looking didn't make her feel uncomfortable – it made her feel safe.

Tzuyu smiled slightly at Chaeyoung’s gaze. She knew she was being teased about her own shyness. After all, she did get caught staring at Sana for a little longer than she was meant to, making her blush. Tzuyu could only look on as her Dad talked to Sana – both seemed like they were in a deep conversation. Sana looked oddly calm; like nothing was affecting her mindset but she was fiddling with her fingers and that was a dead giveaway since she was doing it herself. Chaeyoung and Mina moved on to talk to her, Somi smitten by Sana just like Tzuyu. Tzuyu couldn’t take her eyes of Sana, who was sitting there giggling yet still looking so modest. Her brain was completely blank and all she could focus on right now was Sana. If someone were to ask her a question – she would be caught not paying attention.

Tzuyu called over Somi, pretending to play with her hair and fixing up her clothes, occasionally throwing a glance or two at Sana. Somi smiled at Tzuyu’s actions – she already knew what her Goma was doing but she didn’t say anything. Taecyeon brought Tzuyu of out her stupor, questioning her about why she was still holding on to Somi. Tzuyu laughed, patting Somi and letting her run back to Mina.

She could finally feel Sana’s gaze on her and she bit back a smile. They were both trying not to be caught staring at each other but she was sure they both knew. Tzuyu found Sana’s shyness quite adorable. She smiled again when Taecyeon made Somi greet Sana, the former ran away into Tzuyu’s arms as soon as she did. Tzuyu’s view of Sana was blocked by Somi and she attempted to move towards the right, trying to get a better view of her. Instead, she knocked a vase of fake flowers, managing to catch it before it fell. She looked around to see if anyone noticed and saw Sana smiling, yet looking the other way. Tzuyu scratched her head in embarrassment, avoiding staring at Sana this time.

“We’ve all met Sana and Tzuyu now. How about we let the two talk amongst themselves?” Mr Chou asked.

“Momo, do you want to take them?” Nichkhun asked.

Momo led the two with Chaeyoung and Somi which seemed to be a bad idea on Chaeyoung’s part.

“Oh, Omma, are we going to swing on that?” Somi asked, pointing to a two seater swing.

“No, we’re just talking.” Chaeyoung answered.

“But you can talk anywhere!” Somi rebutted.

“Goma is going to be talking here with someone.” Chaeyoung replied.

“Then why are we here?” Somi asked.

“Shhh, Somi-yah.” Chaeyoung scolded.

Sana walked with Chaeyoung while Tzuyu trailed behind. Momo bumped her shoulders into Tzuyu purposely.

“I’m Momo, Sana’s cousin.” Momo greeted.

“Tzuyu.” She replied.

“Well, if things go well, you’ll have me as a sister-in-law.” Momo winked.

Tzuyu only laughed nervously.

“Sit down Sana.” Mentioned Chaeyoung.

“Oh, no, please sit down.” Sana offered.

“Yes Cheohyeong. Sit down.” Tzuyu added.

“Why is no one sitting?” Somi asked, making everyone laugh.

“How about we just leave the two here and go sit elsewhere Momo?” Chaeyoung suggested, walking with Somi.

Tzuyu nervously gestured Sana to sit down as she took a seat in the chair next to her. They both anxiously stared at the floor, not sure who should start the conversation.

“So –” They both said at once.

“Ah, you go first, please.” Sana asked.

“I don’t know what we should start with so maybe – I think we should talk a little about ourselves? Uh – well I work at my sister’s company; I’ve been working there for a few years now. I did a degree in business and I like dancing sometimes. I never went out much when I was studying or when I worked. We had a few office parties that I would attend. Um – I heard you like reading? Do you have a favourite book?” Started Tzuyu.

“I don’t really have one favourite book. But I really appreciate any books that Jodi Picoult and James Patterson write.” Sana answered.

Tzuyu nodded in appreciation of her author choices.

“Do you have any questions you want to ask?” Tzuyu asked shyly.

Sana shook her head in response.

“You really don’t want to ask anything?” Tzuyu asked again, surprised.

“I already found all the answers.” Sana replied, gazing at Tzuyu yet not letting her emotions show on her face.

“So should we go back?” Tzuyu asked, unsure of their situation.

Sana nodded and stood up, Tzuyu waiting for her. They were about to head back down when Momo and Chaeyoung came to them, giggling. Momo took Sana away and Tzuyu ran her hands through her hair as Chaeyoung approached her.

“So?” Chaeyoung asked.

“So…?” Tzuyu replied cheekily.

“So, is it a yes?” Chaeyoung pushed.

“I –” Chaeyoung cut her off.

“It’s already clear on your face anyways, genius! It’s a yes.” Chaeyoung chuckled, heading towards Mr Chou to tell him the news.

“Where’s Tzuyu?” Mina asked Chaeyoung who pointed upstairs.

She jogged up and looked for Tzuyu who seemed to be staring at a pot plant with much curiosity.

“Eh, congrats.” Mina said, ruffling Tzuyu’s hair.

“Thanks.” Tzuyu mumbled before she cracked up laughing and Mina chased her cheeky sister.

Wooyoung was waiting for Nichkhun to come back so her could tell him the good news. Nichkhun came into the lounge, asking Wooyoung to sit down.

“Mr. Hirai, it’s a yes from us.” Wooyoung said, clearly shocking him. “Please ask Sana – if she says yes, we would be extremely pleased and honoured to have her as a daughter-in-law.”

Nichkhun walked up to Sana’s room, knocking before he entered.

“Mo, Sana, it’s a yes from them.” Nichkhun said excitedly. “What does your heart say Sana?”

Sana didn’t respond so Momo answered for her. “Dad, it’s a yes.”

“Did you ask what you wanted to ask?” Nichkhun asked.

Sana nodded.

“Do you want to meet her a couple more times?” He asked again.

Sana shook her head.

“Dad, she said she’s just like you.” Momo commented.

“So it’s a yes?” He asked.

Sana nodded, smiling shyly as Nichkhun gave her a hug.


A/N: I was smiling like an idiot when I was writing their interactions

I'm actually enjoying writing this and I really hope you guys are liking it!

And please let me know if there are any spelling mistakes or any plot holes ~