+4 The Birthday

Can Love Be Arranged?

A/N: Very delayed update, I'm sorry *bows down*


Tzuyu was fast asleep, Sana in her arms and her head tucked in her neck. Jae snuck into their room, silently walking towards his Mama to shake her awake.

“Tzu Mama. Wake up!” Jae whined.

She yawned, rubbing out her eyes and slipping out of her wife’s embrace. She kept an eye on her, checking if it woke her up before she turned around to face their son of three years.

“Jae?” Tzuyu mumbled sleepily.

“Mama, you have to get out of bed!” Jae squealed.

Tzuyu widened her eyes, leaning forward and covering Jae’s mouth with her own hand. Placing a finger to her own lips and pointing at Sana, she hoped Jae would understand – must be quiet. Jae nodded, dimple appearing on his cheek as he smiled at Tzuyu. Tzuyu shook her head at Jae and his cheeky smile before slipping off the bed. She pulled the blanket up over Sana’s shoulders and kissed her forehead before heading towards the washroom.

“Mr Jae, why have you woken me up so early in the morning?” Tzuyu teased, ruffling Jae’s hair.

“We need to make somefing for Mom!” Jae suggested, clapping his hands.

“Something for Mom?” Tzuyu asked, pretending not to know what was happening.

“You fawgot Mama?!” Jae gasped.

“Forgot what?” Tzuyu exaggerated.

“Mama, it’s Mom’s bwirthdway!” Jae said, shaking Tzuyu.

“It is?” Tzuyu faked a gasp.

“I can’t believe you fawgot.” Jae pouted.

“I’m just kidding Jae. Of course I remember.” Tzuyu stuck out her tongue.

“Mom said lying is bad.” Jae shook his head.

“I wasn’t lying Jae, just joking.” Tzuyu winked, pulling Jae into her arms. “Let’s go to the kitchen then, hmm?”

“Yes Mama!” Jae giggled as Tzuyu tickled him.

Tzuyu smiled at Jae, so proud of having such a blessing in her life. The past three years have been a huge roller coaster ride for the three of them and they’d finally moved out from their apartment to a bigger one as Sana was pregnant again. Despite all the curses she’d dealt with while Sana was in labour, Tzuyu didn’t mind going through them again if Sana wanted another child. Sure, three years ago Sana swore that she didn’t want another child but she didn’t want Jae to be lonely. Tzuyu supported her decision immediately, only loving her wife more every day.

They’d had their fair share of fights over the few years in which Tzuyu was left to sleep on the couch or at Mina’s house. Tzuyu could never be mad at Sana and that annoyed the Japanese girl a lot. It made her feel guilty for being angry at Tzuyu for making a mess of her clothes. Tzuyu had patiently admitted her wrong in all their arguments because she never wanted to make a big deal of things. She never wanted Sana to be in pain or upset because of her – it would be her biggest regret. Tzuyu had probably been angry at Sana once in her entire life and that was when she was in the kitchen after her surgery. Sure, Tzuyu had been jealous countless times of the fellow workers at Sana’s workplace but she’d been reassured that Sana was Tzuyu’s and only Tzuyu’s.

“Mama?” Jae called out, bringing Tzuyu out of her thoughts.

“Yes Jae-ah?” Tzuyu asked, giving her son a smile.

“Were you thinkin bout Mom agen?” Jae pouted.

“Well it is her birthday.” Tzuyu chuckled, ticking Jae.

“But bweakfwast?” Jae pointed out.

Tzuyu nodded, still chuckling and placed Jae on his seat by the kitchen.

“What should we make for Mom, Jae?” Tzuyu asked.

“Fairy bwead!” Jae called out.

“Hmm… do you think Mom will like fairy bread?” Tzuyu teased.

“Fairy bwead is the best!” Jae clapped as Tzuyu took out slices of bread.

“You have to tell me how to make it though.” Tzuyu added.

“Mama, did you fawget?” Jae whined.

“I’m old now, I forgot easily.” Tzuyu played along.

“Oh, Mama.” Jae sighed heavily.

Tzuyu chuckled to herself as Jae pointed out what to do and she followed his instructions carefully so that he wouldn’t get upset.

“Mama, what time will Mom wake up?” Jae asked.

“A little later Jae. Why don’t I put on a movie and you can watch it? I’ll just make the rest of Mom’s breakfast.” Tzuyu offered.

Jae nodded eagerly, raising his arms up to be carried to the theatre room. Tzuyu a cartoon channel and went back to the kitchen, keeping an eye on Jae as she continued cooking. Sana would most likely wake up in an hour so she should hurry up with the breakfast. Concentrating hard, Tzuyu made a simple breakfast, not thinking that today would be a day Sana would like the kitchen to be burnt down. Smiling in satisfaction at her finished set up, Tzuyu rested her hands on her hips as she observed the table. She walked to the theatre room and placed Jae on her lap, trying to keep herself awake as the sleep caught up to her.

Sana giggled at the cute sight of Tzuyu and Jae cuddled up on the carpet of their theatre room. Tzuyu’s mouth was hanging open, Jae a carbon copy of her and doing the same thing. She switched off the television and was about to bring a blanket to cover them both when Tzuyu woke up. Sana smiled at her wife, currently blushing and looking away in embarrassment for falling asleep.

“I’ll just carry him to his bed.” Tzuyu mumbled, picking Jae up and carrying him to his room. Sana followed behind, shaking her head at the fact that Tzuyu was still shy around her even after so long. Tzuyu pulled the blanket over Jae, kissing his forehead and walking towards the door where Sana was standing.

“Been up for long?” Sana whispered, brushing her hand across Tzuyu’s cheeks. Tzuyu leaned into the touch, placing her hand over Sana’s.

“I don’t really know. He came into our room and woke me up.” Tzuyu whined.

“Aw, did you not get enough sleep baby?” Sana teased, pulling on Tzuyu’s cheeks.

“I don’t mind since it’s your birthday.” Tzuyu whispered sincerely, kissing Sana’s forehead.

“Still continue with your cheesiness every year.” Sana chuckled, a slight blush on her cheeks.

“Well, being cheesy just comes naturally.” Tzuyu shrugged, closing the door to their son’s room.

“Naturally?” Sana raised an eyebrow.

“Okay, maybe I try to be cheesy but you love it!” Tzuyu pointed out.

“I love you.” Sana shook her head, hugging Tzuyu.

“Happy birthday beautiful.” Tzuyu mumbled, kissing Sana’s head. Sana hummed in content, sinking into Tzuyu’s embrace.

“What’s for breakfast?” Sana asked.

“Fairy bread.” Tzuyu chuckled.

“Fairy bread?” Sana whined.

“Our son wanted you to eat it.” Tzuyu smiled.

“Hmm… you made me something else too right?” Sana asked.

“Of course I did. But you have to eat the fairy bread first.” Tzuyu said.

“But Jae isn’t here!” Sana sulked.

“It doesn’t matter. I’m sure he could be secretly listening and checking that you’re eating it.” Tzuyu teased.

“Sure, sure.” Sana shook her head.

“Mom?” Jae called out, rubbing his eyes as he came out of his room.

Tzuyu stifled her laughter and Sana panicked, running towards Jae.

“Yes handsome?” Sana answered, picking Jae up.

“Happy bwirthdway Mom!” Jae squealed, hugging Sana tightly.

“Thank you handsome.” Sana grinned, kissing Jae’s cheek sloppily.

“Mooom!” Jae whined, wiping away his cheek and earning a gasp from Sana.

“Did you just wipe away my kiss Chou Jae?” Sana mocked.

Jae’s eyes widened and he escaped from Sana’s arms, hiding behind Tzuyu’s legs.

“Help me Mama!” Jae shrieked.

“Alright, alright. Mom, stop teasing Jae so early in the morning.” Tzuyu smiled.

“Oh, you’re enjoying this, aren’t you Tzuyu?” Sana scoffed.

“Of course I am.” Tzuyu answered smugly. “Let’s feed Mom the fairy bread now, right Jae?”

“Yes!” Jae cheered.

Tzuyu let Jae down as he ran to the kitchen, Sana still glaring at her wife.

“I love you.” Tzuyu said cheekily.

“Go away.” Sana pouted.

“Don’t be mad.” Tzuyu whined.

“I can be mad.” Sana raised an eyebrow.

Tzuyu shook her head, “No you can’t. It’s your birthday.”

Sana mumbled curses under her breath, walking away from Tzuyu but she held a grip on Sana’s wrist and pulled her back, bringing them closer than before. Tzuyu tilted up Sana’s chin and pressed her lips softly against Sana’s.

“Don’t be mad.” Tzuyu whispered again.

“How do you expect me to be mad after that.” Sana mumbled, closing her eyes as Tzuyu pulled her closer.

“Moooom!” Jae called out from the kitchen, earning a whine out of Sana.

“Come on, let’s go. He’s waiting for you to eat your fairy bread.” Tzuyu chuckled.

“Tzuyu!” Sana groaned.

“I’m sorry! Happy birthday love.” Tzuyu giggled, pulling Sana along to the kitchen.

“Birthday my .” Sana muttered.

 


A/N: This was meant to be up and out last year but I lost track of time
I cringe at Jae's talking but I hope you don't mind :')

I also hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Tbh, these extra chaps are extremely fun to write XD

Sorry for any typos ~