The Chaos

Can Love Be Arranged?

A/N: *hides from knives and pots and pans* please don't kill me for updating this so late! I've been going out of my mind for the past three weeks trying to figure out where this story is going. I've been awfully demotivated to write and my ideas have been quite poor. Anywho, I sincerely apologise for this super delayed update TT TT


Sana stretched as she got out of her bed, yawning widely and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She’d spent a lot of the night before staying up and talking to Tzuyu about endless things, neither of them wanting to hang up. It’s become a constant habit; just like how Sana knew Tzuyu was going to call her in about ten minutes. Meeting each other is rare as usual so they’ve found a consistency in morning and night phone calls.

She bolted to her bathroom, quickly freshening up and heading downstairs to get something to eat. Two more minutes! She took giant steps back towards her room, huffing as she landed on her bed in time for her phone to buzz on her bed side cabinet. She took in a few deep breaths before she picked up the phone.

Morning Love. Did you sleep well?

As good as I could. What about you? Getting ready for work?

Yep. Just packing the last few things in my bag. Have you eaten breakfast?

I woke up a little later than usual so I’m eating now.

Maybe we need to talk less at night. Tzuyu chuckled, clearly hearing Sana pouting over the phone.

No! I just slept through my alarm, I promise.

Hmph. Make sure you eat well. You’re eating toast for breakfast again, aren’t you?

Sana almost choked on the piece of bread she was chewing. Um. I’m eating something different.

What, did you add jam to your toast instead? Tzuyu teased.

Ya! Stop teasing me. I’m going to hang up if you’re going to be like this.

Okay, okay. You have an important day today, right?

Mhmm. I do. Then I can relax. Sana slightly mocked.

I can tell when you’re trying to mock me you tease.

W-what. Of course, not.

Yeah, yeah. Sure, Love.

Well you did it first anyway.

Yeah, yeah. You don’t know what else to say.

Alright, aren’t you running late for work now?

Trying to change the subject now? Tsk, tsk. But yes, I do have to go. I’ll talk to you in the afternoon Love. Have a good day! Good luck with everything.

Hope you have a good day too Dimples.

I don’t want to hang up.

I don’t either but I hung up first last time.

Fine, fine. I love you. Tzuyu chuckled, ending the call.

Sana was staring at a photo frame with herself and Tzuyu that was placed on the side of her bed. She’d smile upon seeing it every day, before she got up to go to work. The past two months had been quite hectic for the two of them, running back and forth between work and their wedding planning. They’d gotten most things done already, only things that remained were the suit and dress fitting for them both. The hall was booked, the catering was organised, the people were invited; everything was done. Sana had also already signed the legal documents for the marriage which were to be signed by Tzuyu later in the day.

She sighed in bliss as she packed her bag for the day. Things were going smoothly in her life right now and it was well appreciated. It has been a while since she’s had the chance to be so thankful in her life. Sana had an important day ahead of her; her lecture was going to have the Dean of the university attending. She hurriedly placed her last folder in her bag, bumping into the bedside table, making the frame fall onto the floor. It immediately shattered and Sana whined at the glassy mess on her floor. She carefully picked up the bigger pieces, clenching her teeth in pain as it sliced her thumb. She on it, hoping it would ease the twinge of pain. She vacuumed the remainder of the glass, not willing to risk any more cuts.

Why did she have to deal with this today of all days? Sana rushed out of room, throwing out the pieces of glass and quickly grabbed a band aid to seal the cut. She picked up her keys off her table and shouted a goodbye to Momo before she banged the door shut and ran to her car. She might be a lecturer with a good pay but she’s had the same beat down car for years now and she almost regrets it today. Turning the key in the ignition, it wouldn’t even start. Sana let out a frustrated groan, banging her fists onto the steering wheel in frustration.

“Just start, you dumb car.” Sana mumbled, pushing the key into the ignition again. The car whirred to life and she let out a sigh of relief, reversing out of the driveway and heading off to work.

She had roughly an hour before her first lecture began. The lecture that the Dean was supposed to attend was the one after that. Sana would love a coffee right about now. She huffed as she sat down in her chair in the staff office, resting from the chaotic morning she’d had. How had everything become so rushed and chaotic today?

“You okay there Sana?” Her good friend Jeongyeon asked, sitting next to her.

“Just had a chaotic morning.” Sana replied, sighing heavily. She placed her face on the desk, appreciating the feel of the cool wood.

“Come on, let me take you out for coffee. You look like you need it.” Jeongyeon pushed.

“I can’t be bothered getting up yet.” Sana whined.

“I’ll even throw in a slice of cake. Let’s go.” Jeongyeon bribed, pulling Sana’s chair.

“Alright, alright. But I shouldn’t even be eating much cake if I’m going to get married in a month.” Sana complained.

“Who told you that? Nayeon ate heaps of sweet things before we got married. Nothing ever stops a woman from eating sweet things.” Jeongyeon chuckled at Sana, who seemed to be in deep thought. “Stop thinking about it so much.”

Sana gave up, letting Jeongyeon guide her to her much needed caffeine intake. They sat down in a café on the campus; Jeongyeon deciding on it knowing that Sana didn’t want to walk to the outer areas of the university.

“So how have you and Nayeon been?” Sana asked as they received their ordered items.

“Work has been tough for her but she’s going on leave soon anyway so it’s panning out well.” Jeongyeon answered.

“And mini Nayeon?” Sana chuckled.

“You mean mini me? Mini me is doing well; growing healthily. I still don’t know if I’m ready for the responsibility of taking care of a child but I’m going to do my best to try and be the best parent I can be.” Jeongyeon said proudly.

“No doubt you will. They’ll probably grow up and gain your awkward sense of humour.” Sana teased.

“Don’t mock my humour please. I know it’s the best.” Jeongyeon scoffed.

“Oh dear. I’m already worried. So many dad jokes to come.” Sana whined.

“Hi already worried.” Jeongyeon stuck out her tongue.

“NO, NO, NO! Don’t you dare use your dad jokes on me.” Sana complained.

“Fine, fine. How’s your knight in shining armour?” Jeongyeon teased, making Sana blush.

“We’re good. Same as usual; talking in the morning and afternoon. I still can’t believe there’s only one more month till the wedding.” Sana said, shaking her head.

“Time flies when you start planning things. Did you decide on a place for your honeymoon yet?” Jeongyeon asked.

“We have a few places in mind. We’re deciding between Fiji, Tahiti or Hawaii.” Sana replied, blushing again.

“You two like the sea? Those are all beautiful places.” Jeongyeon smiled.

“Well Tzuyu just said that whatever I choose is fine with her. She helped me narrow it down to those three but we haven’t been able to decide further from those.” Sana answered, finishing off her coffee.

“The easiest thing to do would be to pull a name out of a hat. Or maybe use a map and randomly point at something. That’s what we did since we couldn’t decide on a place. But considering you’ve narrowed it down to three, I’d say that’s a very good thing.” Jeongyeon chuckled.

Sana’s phone buzzed on her table and she smiled as she unlocked her phone, seeing that it was a message from Tzuyu.

Coffee already? You woke up that late?

Sana whipped her head up after reading the message, looking around and wondering how Tzuyu knew. Her phone buzzed again and she read the next message.

You’re looking in the wrong direction.

Sana slowly looked around the café, unaware of Jeongyeon’s smug look. Her own eyes still searching for a familiar head of dark green. She frowned as she failed to spot Tzuyu, pouting and staring at the ground.

Jeongyeon had taken this time to slip out of the seat she was in, saluting to Tzuyu who she’d traded places with. She’d messaged Tzuyu before they left for coffee, telling her about Sana’s chaotic morning. The two of them had exchanged numbers when they met the previous time, in case of emergencies.

Tzuyu chuckled at Sana’s lack of awareness of her surroundings; she still didn’t know Tzuyu was in front of her.

“You really can’t spot me?” Tzuyu decided to break the silence.

Sana sat up straight at the familiar husky voice that belonged to her fiancée. Blushing, she looked down again, playing with her fingers.

“Not going to say hi?” Tzuyu teased.

“Hi.” Sana mumbled.

“Hmm… maybe I should just head back then.” Tzuyu mocked, pretending to stand up.

“No! Stay!” Sana squealed, pulling on Tzuyu’s hand.

“Oh! What happened to your finger?” Tzuyu asked worriedly.

“I just cut it by accident this morning.” Sana said, blushing as Tzuyu kissed her finger.

“You only have fifteen minutes till your lecture right? You should start heading back.” Tzuyu suggested, standing up and pulling Sana along.

“I haven’t paid yet.” Sana said, heading towards the cashier.

“It’s already paid for.” Tzuyu replied coolly.

“Ya! I was meant to pay for it.” Sana whined.

“It was my deal to Jeongyeon anyway.” Tzuyu chuckled, pulling Sana’s cheeks.

“Deal?” Sana asked.

“Ah, so that I can swap spots with her at the café.” Tzuyu answered.

“That little brat.” Sana scoffed, shaking her head.

They walked silently, hand in hand until they reached her staffroom.

“You can do well in your lecture. No need to be worried about it, okay? I know you’ve had a chaotic morning but it’ll be okay.” Tzuyu motivated.

“How’d you know I had a chaotic morning – oh wait never mind. It was Jeongyeon wasn’t it?” Sana figured.

“She told me so I decided to swing by and wish you good luck.” Tzuyu replied.

“Well, I think I’m ready for it.” Sana sighed heavily.

“You are.” Tzuyu nodded, kissing Sana’s forehead. “I’ll talk to you in a few hours Love. Show your Dean who’s boss.” She winked, hugging Sana before walking away.

Sana chuckled at Tzuyu’s antics, heading inside and taking out her files for the necessary lecture. She cursed inwardly when she realised she’d brought the wrong folder. She shot Momo a message, asking if she could bring it within the next two hours. Thank god her lecture with the Dean was later. She rushed to her first lecture and greeted her students, immediately spewing information to the audience.

Her phone buzzed as she finished her class, glad that Momo had made it to her university with Tiffany Aunty. She closed the door to the lecture room, jogging out to the outer parking lot where Momo had told her she’d be.

Momo waved the file from across the busy road, signalling that was coming over first. Sana tried to tell her not to but she couldn’t hear her. She panicked as a car was heading their way, showing no intention of stopping. She looked at Momo, then back to the car, repeating the action three times before she made up her mind. She rushed out to meet Momo in the middle, pushing her back as her own body collided with the car, sending her tumbling forward on the tar road. She could smell the gasoline leaking from the car and could feel the shards of glass pierce her skin.

She heard Tiffany call out her name.

She saw Momo’s terrified expression.

The street was quiet now, everything seemed to be at a standstill.

Sana couldn’t feel her legs.

And all she wanted to do was close her eyes.


A/N: *hides from everything sharp and anything that can cause harm*

I'm not the best at writing about car accidents... but I hope it was still okay.

I'm sorry if I made any typos ^^

Hope you liked the update ~

- stupid author (pls don't murder me)