+8 The New Year

Can Love Be Arranged?

“Have you packed everything in the car? We’re already running late! I don’t even know if we’ll find parking at this rate!” Sana’s voice boomed through the house.

“We’re coming!” Tzuyu and Jae shouted, throwing things around the room as they gathered the last of their items.

“I’m the one that’s driving and parking and she’s the one hurrying us up.” Tzuyu muttered, grabbing a jacket before ushering Jae out of the room.

“Is this even a good idea? Yuna is just 3 years old!” Jae whined.

“Well, I’m sure it’ll be fine. If Mom is there, things will be fine.” Tzuyu chuckled, patting Jae’s head.

Over the past few years, Jae had become very protective of Yuna despite her young age. He’s trying to be a responsible brother and show that he’s a good role model and Tzuyu and Sana couldn’t be more proud of their eldest son. He’s sweet and completely like Tzuyu to the point that Sana gets teary when she sees him when he tries to help out with anything he can. Jae is a wonderful child and part of her is glad he sticks to Tzuyu so much that he learns all his mannerisms from her.

Yuna is similar, but a little rebellious. She tends to run away when you call her or hides when it’s time to eat. She also listens to Tzuyu more than Sana and it’s hard not to get frustrated when Sana has to be the evil parent. She’s clumsy just like Sana too – bumping into random things or falling even on flat surfaces. Tzuyu spoils them rotten so it doesn’t come as a surprise that both of their kids favour her more. Though, as much as Jae sticks around with Tzuyu, he always makes time for Sana too. He never lets her work in the kitchen for too long without a little rest. He’s grown up too fast for her to comprehend and he’s already so intelligent.

“Mom are you in the car yet?” Jae called out.

“Yes Jae, Yuna is in too, don’t run!” Sana scolded, making Jae stop.

“We have until 11pm to get there before the road closes and it’s only 10pm. It doesn’t take us long but there’ll be traffic and parking will be hard to find.” Sana informed again. Yuna had covered her ears as she was seated next to Sana in her baby seat. She could be really loud when she wanted to be.

“Alright, alright. We’re here.” Tzuyu mumbled, sitting in the driver’s seat. “Is the place entered in the GPS?” Tzuyu asked.

“Yes, I did it already Mama.” Jae smiled, handing her the item.

“Let’s go then.” Tzuyu chuckled, ruffling Jae’s hair.

Sana smiled at the two as they sat in the front. She had to argue with Jae to get him to sit out at front since he wanted to stay with Yuna at the back. She’ll cave and let him sit at the back on their way home, most likely.

“I can’t wait!” Jae clapped as they attempted to find parking. It was relatively empty and they’d arrived just before 10:30pm.

“Baby, want to go find us a spot?” Tzuyu asked, turning around to face Sana.

“Mhmm. Let me take something with me.” Sana nodded.

“It’s fine. Jae and I will bring it with us. Just take Yuna.” Tzuyu smiled, placing a kiss on Sana’s cheek as they got out of the car.

Sana shook her head but listened, heading towards the slightly crowded area to find a spot for the four of them. She sighed softly as the wind hit her face, making Yuna giggle in her arms.

“Do you like the breeze Nana?” Sana asked, tickling Yuna’s stomach.

“Yesh.” Yuna laughed, holding onto Sana’s neck tightly.

Tzuyu and Jae arrived a few minutes later, carrying their items. Well, it was Tzuyu carrying everything with Jae just holding their picnic blanket. Tzuyu groaned as she dropped the items on the grass.

“I told you to let me hold something.” Sana sighed, pulling Tzuyu’s hands and blowing on them.

“You had Yuna; I don’t want you to hold extra things.” Tzuyu explained, kissing Sana’s forehead.

Sana muttered under her breath but didn’t say anything out loud, making Tzuyu chuckle. Jae had set up the blanket and opened the chairs for them to sit on. The kids seated themselves on their joint chair, immediately investing themselves in some game they both had come up with. Tzuyu and Sana sat on the blanket, staring up at the sky.

“Fireworks start at 11:55pm, right?” Sana mumbled, earning a nod from Tzuyu.

“I can’t believe this year is over already. It feels like just yesterday when we bumped our heads exchanging rings.” Tzuyu chuckled.

“My clumsy self was prevalent then too. Now it’s Yuna who trips over air.” Sana added.

“Please, you still trip over air.” Tzuyu teased, placing her arm around Sana and bringing her into her embrace.

“But you’re always there to catch me somehow.” Sana sighed, nuzzling her nose against Tzuyu’s neck and making her shiver. It was getting colder by the waterside.

“Because you’re always tripping over that little step in the kitchen.” Tzuyu pointed out.

“Hey, I’m trying to be cheesy but you keep ruining it!” Sana whined.

“Okay, okay – I’m sorry.” Tzuyu said, holding Sana tightly and kissing her forehead. “Thank you for continuing to be by my side and cheering me on when I have days where I feel exhausted. Thank you for being my strength and motivating me to push forward and achieve my goals.”

“How are you still the greater cheeseball between us years later?” Sana muttered, kissing the base of Tzuyu’s throat.

“How are you still so clingy and affectionate?” Tzuyu retorted.

“Please, you’re the one initiating the kisses most of the time. It’s a kiss to my forehead or my cheek or–”

Tzuyu cut Sana off by placing her lips on hers, successfully drowning out her complaints. She cupped her cheeks, deepening the kiss and leaving Sana breathless.

“Or your lips?” Tzuyu teased, swiping her thumb across Sana’s bottom lip. Sana blushed, smacking Tzuyu’s arm.

“We’re in public! And Jae and Yuna are right behind us.” Sana muttered.

“So what? I can’t kiss my wife?” Tzuyu scoffed, pretending to be mad at Sana.

“Hey, don’t be mad at me now.” Sana whined. Tzuyu had to try her hardest not to break when her wife was being utterly adorable as she sulked in front of her.

She turned away, facing a family next to her.

“Don’t you turn away now.” Sana growled, moving to block Tzuyu’s view.

But her wife was faster and she turned around again, this time facing the kids who were too involved in their game to realise what was going on.

“Ya! Are you really going to be like this!” Sana groaned, following Tzuyu around as she continued to turn.

Before Tzuyu could move again, Sana moved around the other way and grabbed her cheeks, pressing her lips to Tzuyu’s to stop her sulking.

“Are you happy now?” Sana asked. Tzuyu shook her head, asking for another kiss. “Too bad. I’m only giving one.”

Tzuyu pouted, effectively making Sana groan and close the gap between them again. This time, Tzuyu held Sana closely against her to stop her from leaving quickly. Sana didn’t push her away, simply s her hand around Tzuyu’s neck instead. She was pulled onto Tzuyu’s lap, making the two chuckle as they bumped heads and broke apart.

Sana was about to say something but the fireworks exploded behind them, making Jae and Yuna squeal in excitement. Tzuyu and Sana could only observe the two kids who stood up, clapping and gasping as the display of fireworks wowed them.

“Mom, did you see that one? It looks likes rain!” Jae pointed out, making Sana smile.

“Why are you staring at me?” Sana whispered to Tzuyu. She could tell her wife’s gaze was on her.

“Because I’d rather go into the new year staring at you.” Tzuyu confessed, making Sana blush deeply.

“Cheesy.” Sana muttered, hiding herself in Tzuyu’s arms.

They could hear everyone counting down around them, including their kids.

“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Happy New Year’s!” Everyone cheered around them.

“Happy New Year’s baby.” Tzuyu muttered, kissing Sana’s head.

“Happy New Year’s to you too.” Sana replied, sighing softly.

It was a new year that was going to be filled with a lot of memories and happiness. Another year to cherish and another year to keep close to her heart. Whenever she was with Tzuyu, she couldn’t feel the lack of love. She actually didn’t know what that was like. Sana just hoped that this year will be filled with goodness like the year before. She hoped to love Tzuyu with all her heart and spend time as a family and treasure every single moment. It was about the present and nothing else mattered when she was by her family’s side. They were her pillars of strength.

They were each other’s pillars of strength.


A/N: You're all probably wondering why the sudden update hahaha
I got inspired to write a special chapter for New Year's so I updated the story!
Maybe there'll be more to come xP

Happy New Year's everyone~
Here's to a happy 2018 filled with great memories :3

- Z.