The Scare

Can Love Be Arranged?

As they promised, Sana and Tzuyu talked every day; either they talked on the phone, messaged each other or sent each other pictures. A month had passed with the two of them going about their own work and they still hadn’t met again. The only thing that was remotely close to them meeting was a video call. Tzuyu wanted to change that. They both had been struggling to work with their minds preoccupied with each other.

Tzuyu had a pile of work to complete and Sana was her motivation. She wanted to finish it early so she can drop by Sana’s workplace and spend some time with her. Tzuyu surprised herself by finishing her work in record time. She couldn’t help but think that maybe using Sana as her motivation could be more helpful than Tzuyu expected. She placed the finished work on Mina’s table who raised an eyebrow at Tzuyu.

“You’re done already?” Mina asked.

“Yeah. It was less than I expected it to be.” Tzuyu said.

“But you’re never this quick.” Mina pointed out.

“I need to go do something.” Tzuyu responded.

“More like see someone.” Mina muttered. “Alright, go. Tell her I said hi.”

Tzuyu blushed and left, grabbing her car keys off her table and heading toward the car park. Boy, she was glad that Sana’s university was only a short distance from her work. Tzuyu arrived there in approximately fifteen minutes, at a reasonable pace. Who was she kidding, she might have sped a little to get to Sana quicker. Thanking herself for asking for Sana’s lecture schedule, Tzuyu was glad to know Sana was indeed free. She dialled in her number on her phone, waiting for Sana to pick it up.

“Hello?” Sana greeted at the end of the line, immediately making Tzuyu smile.

“Hi love. You’re free now right?” Tzuyu asked.

“Yep, I am.” Sana replied.

“That’s great because I think I might be lost at your university.” Tzuyu embarrassedly confessed.

“You’re here?!” Sana squealed.

“I tried to find you but I think that was a bad idea.” Tzuyu chuckled.

“Alright, where are you? Like, can you describe where you are?” Sana asked, shuffling around her staffroom and grabbing a few things. She wasn’t ready for this at all.

“Um… it’s a big grassy area and there’s a weird statue of a guy on a ball in the middle.” Tzuyu tried explaining.

“Ah! I know where you are! I’ll be there in a sec.” Sana commented.

Tzuyu was in fact in the right place. Sana’s staffroom was just towards her right, on the upper level. Sana fixed up her hair and soothed out her wrinkled clothes. Her heart was beating like the first time she was meeting her. She tried not to show how excited she was and walked down the stairs slowly but seeing Tzuyu standing there with a toothy grin on her face just made her forget everything else that was on her mind.

“You should where your glasses more often.” Tzuyu complimented.

Sana widened her eyes in realisation of the fact that she had forgotten to take them off when she was rushing to leave. She blushed and reached to take them off but Tzuyu grabbed a hand and slipped her own through hers.

“They seriously look nice; don’t take them off when you’re with me.” Tzuyu commented, flustering Sana.

“Did you have anything planned? Or did you just decide to come by?” Sana asked.

“I thought we could have lunch together; is that okay?” Tzuyu asked as they continued walking.

“That’s fine. I know this really good café five minutes away.” Sana answered, leading the two of them.

They’d reached the softly lit café in no time and had ordered their food, moving over to a small booth at the end of the store for some quietness.

“You only have one lecture left right? A late night one?” Tzuyu asked as she munched on a sandwich.

 “Yes. It’s in a few hours and often has the least students. Students don’t listen most of the time and they’re extremely quiet. Best lecture I give.” Sana chuckled.

“If I had you as my lecturer, I would probably even go to your repeat ones.” Tzuyu teased, winking at Sana who blushed and pinched her ribs.

“How about you? How’s work?” Sana asked.

“Work is chaotic as usual. More propositions are coming in and it’s piling up.” Tzuyu sighed.

“Then how come you ended up coming here? Shouldn’t you be at work?” Sana asked.

“If I didn’t know better, I’d say you didn’t want me to come and see you.” Tzuyu mocked.

“Y-ya. Don’t say stuff like that. You don’t know how much I’ve missed you over the past month.” Sana muttered.

“I’ve missed you too.” Tzuyu replied, turning her head away from her plate to sneeze.

“Are you sick?” Sana asked worriedly, immediately checking Tzuyu’s forehead for her temperature. Tzuyu grabbed Sana’s hand instead, squeezing it slightly and interlocking their fingers.

“It’s just a flu. I’ll be okay.”  Tzuyu explained.

“Don’t drink anything cold! I know you like to take ice with everything.” Sana scolded.

“I promise I won’t drink anything cold.” Tzuyu sighed.

“Good.” Sana stuck out her tongue.

“I like being sick though. You worry about me.” Tzuyu teased.

“Of course I’d worry about you.” Sana scoffed, getting up to leave the café

“You still have time right?” Tzuyu asked.

“Yeah, I do. Why?” Sana answered.

“I have an idea of what we can do.” Tzuyu smirked, worrying Sana. “Let’s go. We won’t be there for too long.”

Sana immediately stopped in her tracks when they got to their destination. There was no way she could go in there. She couldn’t risk her life for the hell of it; she had a long future she’d like to continue with.

“I can’t go in there.” Sana shook her head.

“I’ll be with you the entire time. You don’t have to be worried about a thing.” Tzuyu offered.

“Of course you’d be there. What kind of comfort it that? You know I’m clumsy. I can die!” Sana snickered.

“Baby, it’s only ice skating.” Tzuyu tried again, succeeding as a blush crept up Sana’s cheeks.

“F-fine. But you can’t leave me for a single second.” Sana whined, the pet name clouding her own judgement.

“I promise I won’t.” Tzuyu winked.

Tzuyu went ahead to purchase their entry tickets before they headed to get their skating shoes. It might have been an impromptu decision but she knew it would be a good one. She might’ve thought about Sana’s clumsiness and considered taking it as an advantage. Tzuyu slipped on her skates with ease, moving on to help Sana with hers. She took her hands in hers, helping her to walk towards the rink, opening the gate and entering.

Sana would be lying if she said she wasn’t afraid. Yes, she might’ve always wanted to try ice skating but being right here in the moment, she was absolutely terrified.

“Just start off slow. Use the side railings as support to guide you.” Tzuyu advised, skating behind Sana.

“Eeek!” Sana squealed as she lost her grip with the railing. Tzuyu’s hands were immediately at her waist, supporting her and holding her in place

“I got you.” Tzuyu commented.

Sana tried again, holding on to the railing tighter this time. She glided along the ice, feeling more confident as she smoothly skated on the rink. Without telling her, Tzuyu let go of her waist.

“Look, look! I can do it!” Sana said excitedly, making Tzuyu chuckle. “Y-ya! You let go?!” She squealed, freaking out and removing her grip from the railing. She flailed her arms as she lost her balance; Tzuyu reached her immediately, holding on to her dearly as she fell backwards with a loud thump.

Tzuyu whined in pain, opening her eyes to see Sana looking at her with worry. They both stared at each other for a minute, before they burst into laughter. Tzuyu pulled Sana up again, holding her close as she regained her balance.

“Should we bump it up a little bit?” Tzuyu teased, pulling Sana to the middle of the rink.

“A-ah! Too fast!” Sana yelped.

Tzuyu slowed down, holding Sana’s hands and gliding around the rink.

“Tzuyoda, I’m cold.” Sana whispered teasingly.

“Who’s a Yoda? I call you love and you call me Tzuyoda?” Tzuyu pouted, pulling Sana into a hug.

“Fine, I’ll call you dimples.” Sana decided, poking at Tzuyu’s cheeks.

“Maybe I should call you Rudolph now since your nose is red.” Tzuyu teased, resulting in a series of punches and pinches.

“Leave my nose alone.” Sana covered it with her hands. Tzuyu pulled them down and pecked them, making Sana blush.

“I think you’re too red now, let’s get something warm to drink.” Tzuyu chuckled, pulling Sana along to leave the rink. They grabbed a hot chocolate from the mini cafeteria, deciding to share one cup instead of buying two.

Tzuyu chuckled as Sana buried herself deeper into Tzuyu’s chest. She was still cold from the ice rink skating.

“I never actually thought I’d be able to do it.” Sana said truthfully.

“You can do anything. I know you can.” Tzuyu replied, kissing Sana’s head.

“Oh, I still have half an hour. Do you want a tour of my university?” Sana asked.

“That would be nice. I’d be less lost if I came to see you again.” Tzuyu chuckled.

“You actually found my staffroom you know.” Sana proudly commented.

Sana dragged Tzuyu around the campus, showing her where her lecture room was and the carpark where Tzuyu could park in at any time without having a permit.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to stay back with you?” Tzuyu asked as they came back to Sana’s staffroom.

“You have nothing to worry about. I always have my lectures at this time and get home well. I promise. I’ll call you if I need anything, okay?” Sana replied.

“Hmph. If you say so love.” Tzuyu said, pulling Sana into a hug again.

“Go home and rest. You need to drink plenty of water as well. Make sure it’s not iced.” Sana advised.

“Yes Ma’am.” Tzuyu saluted teasingly, kissing Sana’s forehead and waving as she walked backwards, almost tripping.

Sana shook her head and headed into her staffroom with a smile that couldn’t be wiped off her face no matter what.

Tzuyu headed home immediately, looking up at the overcast sky with a frown. Rainy weather wasn’t always the best kind. She just hoped Sana would be able to get home before there’s a chance of it raining. She checked her watch, realising Sana would have about half an hour left to her class. Should she head to Sana in precaution? A thunderbolt lighting up the sky gave Tzuyu the answer she needed. She jumped out of her bed and bolted to her car, pulling it out of her garage and heading off to the university.

Heavy pelts of rain hit her windscreen as she drove to the university. Tzuyu swore under her breath at the lack of visibility on the road. She should have just waited for Sana to finish her class instead of leaving. Tzuyu pressed on the accelerator a little harder, hoping to reach the university at a quicker rate.

Tzuyu blinked away the raindrops that were hitting her face as she slammed her door shut. She pocketed her phone and broke into a light jog to Sana’s lecture room. She opened the door to the lightly lit room, searching for any signs of her own fiancée but she failed to do so. Tzuyu was about to leave the room when she heard a whimper. She shot her head around to the direction of the sound, seeing the top of someone’s head.

“Sana?” Tzuyu gently called out.

The whimpering stopped and Tzuyu was worried that she’d called out the wrong name.

“T-Tz-Tzuyu?” She heard a faint whisper.

Tzuyu immediately jogged over to Sana, engulfing her in a hug. Sana sobbed silently in Tzuyu’s arms, not able to hold it in any longer.

“I’m right here Sana; everything will be okay. I promise.” Tzuyu soothed, holding Sana close.


A/N: An early chapter update for you all ~

I wasn't sure if I wanted them to meet so soon...

But a lot of you guys said you were sad so I decided to make them meet instead of creating a little more angst xD

Hope you liked the update :D

- stupid author