The News

Can Love Be Arranged?

A/N: I've found that adding pictures in stories is fun hehe


Tzuyu went back to work with a smile on her face, chuckling at the success of her plan alongside Jeongyeon. She really hoped everything went well with Sana’s lecture later on. Tzuyu whistled as she jogged up the stairs of the office, heading to her room and shutting the door. She moved to her bookcase, admiring the first selfie she’d taken with Sana and Chaeyoung too. That one was only for show; secretly Tzuyu had cropped it out to only herself and Sana and placed it in her own wallet. 

Image result for chaeyoung tzuyu sana milk

She was about to sit down on her chair when her phone vibrated, indicating an incoming call from her sister.

Tzuyu chuckled as she answered “You know you could’ve–”

“Tzuyu, we need to go to the hospital right now. I’ll explain to you in the car; meet me down there.” Mina cut off seriously.

She grabbed her coat, heading down towards the carpark and waiting for her sister. Tzuyu paced across the lot, walking from one side to the other as she waited for Mina to arrive. Who was in hospital? What was this emergency? What happened? Millions of questions were going through her head.

“Good, you’re here already. Sit.” Mina said as she unlocked the car.

“So what is it? What’s going on?” Tzuyu asked.

“I’ll tell you in a bit.” Mina answered.

“What do you mean a bit? Why aren’t you telling me!” Tzuyu questioned, frustrated with everything.

“Sana – Sana was in a car accident.” Mina whispered.

Car accident. The one traumatic experience she’s had with her parents.

The world seemed to stop as she heard those words. Her heart was hurting. Her eyes were getting watery. Sana would make it through, right? She would.

“H-how bad is it?” Tzuyu managed to utter.

“She’s in a critical condition. She’s currently being transferred to the hospital.” Mina answered.

Tzuyu just nodded, feeling numb and slightly disorientated. Why did Sana have to go through this after everything? Why Sana. Her mind was a mess and she’d wiped away the tears from earlier, showing no signs of doing so. She had to be strong.

Mina held her hand tightly as they walked through the corridors of the hospital, not willing to let go of her sister’s hand for she was worried she’d fall apart. She knew Tzuyu was trying her best to stay strong but she also knew that she was bound to break.

Tzuyu walked on silently, not uttering a single word. She was in a daze, not able to think about anything at the moment. Sana. Sana. Sana. Will you be okay? All she could do was think about what Sana was going through.

All eyes turned to Tzuyu as she walked to the waiting area with the others. Her parents were still on the way but Sana’s parents, Momo and Chaeyoung were all sitting down. Tzuyu’s heart broke further as she saw Momo’s devastated state; knees up and chin laying between, rocking back and forth. She knew that Momo was blaming herself for the accident. Tzuyu greeted Sana’s parents before sitting in between Chaeyoung and Momo. She nervously tapped her foot on the floor, fiddling with her fingers until Chaeyoung held onto them, squeezing lightly.

Tzuyu’s parents arrived shortly after, discussing something with Sana’s parents away from the rest of them.

“Look Nichkhun, Sana is like our own daughter. I’ve called fellow specialist doctors to work with the doctors here. I promise you, her wellbeing is our priority.” Wooyoung assured, Nichkhun engulfing him in a hug.

Tzuyu excused herself from the others, wanting to be refreshed and heading towards the bathroom. She splashed cold water on her face, hoping it would make her feel better in the slightest way. She stared at herself in the mirror, feeling herself getting frustrated as each moment passed. She shouted in frustration, smashing her hands on the porcelain sink. If she had stayed for longer maybe things would’ve been different. If she hadn’t left her so early, asked if she needed something, maybe this wouldn’t have happened. Tzuyu broke down, walking backwards and sliding down the wall.

Mina and Chaeyoung burst into the bathroom, stopping in their tracks at seeing the little one is such a distraught state. Tzuyu sobbed quietly, occasionally stopping to take a deep breath. Mina crouched down in front of Tzuyu, engulfing her in a hug. She cried even harder in Mina’s arms; Mina patting her back in attempts of providing some sort of comfort. It broke her heart seeing her sister like this but she knows she’d be the same if Chaeyoung was in the same situation as Sana. Tzuyu’s cries turned into sniffles and soon enough, Mina could hear her steady breaths. She carried Tzuyu outside, seating her in front of the emergency room as she took her hand in her own. Mina shifted Tzuyu’s head on to her own shoulder, throwing an arm around Tzuyu for support. All they could do now was wait.

Tiffany was in another area, sobbing quietly on her own. She didn’t know why she’d been treating Sana so terribly; why couldn’t she see Sana for who she was? Why had she mistreated her all this time? Her having more attention from Nichkhun rather than Momo was no excuse. No matter how badly she treated Sana, she never failed to smile, never failed to continue being happy. Now she was left feeling full of regret of her actions in the past.

“I told you didn’t I; you’d cry the most when something happened to Sana?” Nichkhun said sadly, hugging his wife.

“I – why have I been so stupid?” Tiffany sobbed.

“Shhh. It’s okay Tiff.” Nichkhun soothed.

As much as he hated everything Sana went through because of her, his heart was still understanding as always. Having gone through lack of love and care from her parents, it was only normal for Tiffany to react like she did. Yes, maybe she shouldn’t have treated Sana as poorly as she did, but Nichkhun still understands that Tiffany was trying to prevent the same thing happening to Momo. He continued to comfort his distraught wife, holding her close as they waited for news about Sana.

Sana was currently in the emergency room, being treated. The indicator switched off and they all sat up straight as the doctor walked out of the room, seeking Nichkhun.

“We’ve done the best we can Sir. There was no damage to her brain of any sort, however, there is an issue at hand. If you could follow me into my office, I can explain further.” The doctor suggested, pointing to his office.

“Tzuyu, you come too.” Nichkhun mumbled.

Tzuyu nodded, following behind the doctor and Nichkhun. What was going on?

“At the moment, there seems to be no damage to her brain. More scans will show better results after she is awake. The problem, however, is that the accident has severely hurt her legs. The fact that her legs were trapped under the car has caused an ACL injury – known as the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament. Surgery is possible for this injury; however, much care is needed while conducting it. We are more than willing to work alongside the specialist group Mr Chou brought for the operation earlier. There is a form that must be signed in order for the operation to be conducted. I advise you not to take any rash decisions.”

Nichkhun and Tzuyu nodded, listening attentively.

“Talk it out before you sign those papers. Miss Sana must be waking up in a few hours. As added information, the surgery is not needed for her to heal. She can go through therapy on its own. The operation provides a quicker recovery time. However, if you decide to go through with the surgery, she will need to still have some lessons with a physician. These are the forms. There is no rush for the surgery so I remind you to take your time.” The doctor finished, handing over some paperwork to Nichkhun.

The two of them walked back outside, thinking about what to do in the situation. Should they sign the papers? Or would they rather have Sana not go through the surgery? The other family members approached them both as they explained what the doctor had said.

“What do you want to do?” Tiffany asked.

“I don’t know. What can we do?” Nichkhun said absentmindedly.

“Jang-In (A/N: father-in-law), why don’t we wait until she gains consciousness? Since the surgery is not needed immediately, we can discuss it with Sana.” Tzuyu advised.

“That’s a good idea Tzuyu. Let’s just wait it out.” Nichkhun agreed, sitting back down.

Deep down, Tzuyu knew that he was having a very difficult time thinking to sign the papers. If Tzuyu was married to Sana, she’d sign it for him. Thinking about that, she bolted to the car, taking Mina’s keys and pulling out the wedding rings she’d left in there from picking it up earlier. Tzuyu would take responsibility for Sana. She’d sign those papers instead. She’d already signed their legal documents earlier. All she needed was a minister. This might be a rash decision, but she knew that Sana’s dad wouldn’t be able to sign those papers. And those papers needed to be signed. Sana couldn’t go through years of suffering to walk again. Tzuyu avoided everyone’s questions as she came back, asking to talk to Nichkhun about everything instead. He complied immediately, appreciating Tzuyu’s efforts and engulfing her in a hug.

Time seemed to be passing very slowly for everyone. Tzuyu decided to go ahead and purchase some coffee for everyone, deciding to take a break from the quietness of the waiting area. Momo went with her, providing some company. The two silently purchased it, neither willing to say a thing in the tense atmosphere.

“I’m sorry.” They both said at the same time, smiling at their spontaneity.

“Don’t be sorry Momo. It’s not your fault.” Tzuyu comforted.

“If I hadn’t been silly and seen the car, none of this would’ve happened. Also, you have nothing to be sorry for.” Momo shook her head.

“That still doesn’t mean you should blame yourself Momo. I should’ve stayed there for longer. I should’ve checked if she needed anything.” Tzuyu replied, tears forming in her eyes again.

“It’s not your fault Hyeongbu. It’s mine.” Momo whispered, hugging Tzuyu in attempts to provide some support.

“How about this. It’s neither of our faults’. Sana would scold you if she knew you were blaming yourself.” Tzuyu reasoned.

“And she’d do the same with you. So, I guess that’s a deal.” Momo chuckled, taking the coffees back to the waiting room.

Sana had gained consciousness a little while later, Tzuyu suggesting that Nichkhun, Tiffany and Momo go first before she did. Momo covered as she entered, muffling her tears that were threatening to fall.

“Y-you’re okay Momo.” Sana stuttered, struggling to smile.

“You pabo!” Momo sobbed, holding on to Sana’s hand tightly.

“You need to get better Sana. You need to get better so we can go back to our house.” Tiffany said, making Sana teary.

“Our house?” Sana whispered.

“Our house.” Tiffany nodded, kissing Sana’s forehead.

Tzuyu walked in as the others left, Sana looking at her for a moment before turning away. This didn’t affect her though. She shuffled towards the bed, crouching down to be level with her.

“If you don’t want to look at me, just listen to me. Sana, you know I love you. You’re my whole world and beyond. You know, if there was one thing I could wish for right now, it would be that I’d go back to when I left you. Go back so that I could be the one who was in your position instead of you. I don’t want you to suffer; I don’t want you to be in any pain.” Tzuyu mumbled, leaning her head on the bed.

Sana tried her best to ignore her words but she couldn’t help but burst into tears at her words.

“Sana, let me be yours. Please. Let me take care of you.” Tzuyu whimpered.

Sana shook her head. “I-I can’t ruin your life like this Tzuyu. You – you should find someone else that can take care of you instead.”

“There isn’t anyone else for me Sana. There never will be anyone else. Nothing will change that.” Tzuyu replied.

“Just think about it – what use am I? What can I do now?” Sana whispered.

“You know that doesn’t matter Sana. It never did. So, you can stop making excuses to chase me away because I’m not going anywhere.” Tzuyu answered.

Sana sobbed harder at her words, Tzuyu standing up to wipe away her tears and kiss her forehead.

“Let me marry you Sana.” Tzuyu pleaded, leaning their foreheads together.

Sana closed her eyes, still crying from the love that she felt like she didn’t deserve. She couldn’t find the voice to speak, so she just nodded instead.

Tzuyu slipped the ring on her finger, peppering Sana’s face with butterfly kisses.

“I love you so, so much Sana.” Tzuyu mumbled.

“I love you too.” Sana whispered back.


A/N: Hehe some of you thought I'd add in amnesia XD

Uh, I'm hoping you guys don't hate me for rushing their wedding....

I just thought this moment was significant enough for them to get married.

It's super simple and not that pretty and rainbows and unicorns but I thought it was fitting enough...

I hope you liked this chapter.... (yes Tzuyu smashing her hands on the porcelain sink left her unscathed)

Sorry for any typos! I always do my best to ensure they're limited but I'll most likely still make them.

- stupid author