Under A Tree

Playboy is fine with Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jihoon hyung, hurry up. I’m hungry and I don’t want to miss Seungkwan hyung practice and you’re slowing me.” Chan pouted as he was dragging Jihoon through the not so crowded hallways. Only two days left before the school talents show begin and Chan insisted to come with Jihoon and the others for Seungkwan and Seokmin duet practice at lunch. He heard about it last night, when Seungkwan was on a phone call with Seokmin.

“I didn’t ask you to come with me or walk with me.” Jihoon was being dragged since he walked out from his English class, Chan was standing at the front door, smiling widely at him while waving his hand non-stop to him. Jihoon thought Chan had something important to tell him but instead, he was being drag by this small boy but yet strong too. “I’ll be lonely if you don’t walk with me.” Chan pouted. It has been his things whenever Jihoon was angry at him, he’ll use the power of his cutie charm to stop Jihoon wrath at him.

Jihoon could only shook his head and smile a little. Chan was seriously just like his little brother, their attitude was the same, the way they pout when Jihoon was angry at them, the way they whined to get themselves free from trouble they created, the smile they had on their face when someone patted their head or their hairs, it was too familiar to Jihoon. He doesn’t know if he was dreaming or on delusional , but one thing that he knew was his love for Chan was the same as his love for his little brother.


Today is the day his little brother, Jiyu is coming to visit him and their grandma at Busan. Jiyu rarely spend his time with Jihoon because they live far from each other, but they never lost contact with one or another. Jihoon is pretty excited to see his little brother, he didn’t met the kid for 4 months now, straight. They only call and text whenever they have the time to do so.

Jihoon was pumping up and down when he received a text message from his brother.

Jiyu: I’m always there hyung, wait for me~

Jihoon: Hurry up, I’m dying while waiting for you.

Jiyu: Don’t die, I’ll be very sad. (sad emo)

Jihoon: I’m joking, geez Jiyu. I won’t leave you, never. That is my promise to you. (happy emo)

Jiyu: I love you hyung, you know that.

Jihoon: I love you too Jiyu, and yes, I know that.

After that, they didn’t text each other for 37 minutes because Jiyu was having a headache and wanted to sleep, being a good brother he was, he let his little brother have a nap. He was going to meet Jiyu eventually. So why should he worry?

Jihoon was playing with his phone while lying flat on the living room floor, suddenly he heard a car honk. His body immediately move once he heard the honk sounds the car made and stand up without caring if he looks messy or how his shirt had crumpled, he just want to see his little brother, Jiyu.

Jihoon ran to the front door with his hands acted as a wings and he flew through the living room to the front door. “Jiyu! Jiyu!” Jihoon shouted as he was being impatient to see his little brother. He’d been excited since last night when his grandma told him about the visit. He was more excited to see Jiyu than his own parents.

“Jihoon honey!” His mother shouted for his name but all he do to reply to her was waving at her while smiling, showing his dimples and his crescent moon eye smile. Ms. Lee just smile at her son when he practically ignored her, but she doesn’t mind about that, all she could think right now was how to tell Jihoon about the truth she just knew last week. She was scare Jihoon might ended up having a broken heart once he knew that thing. Poor Jihoon, he’s only 15. He don’t deserve such pain when he know the truth sooner or later.

She doesn’t know how to tell him or where to start. It was so sudden and she had to endure the great pain with her husband, all of it was too much for her and her husband. Ms. Lee was smiling when she saw Jihoon and Jiyu were hugging each other like they were the only person in the world and they seems to be afraid of losing each other, the sight of it make Ms. Lee wanted to cry and hug his husband. She was holding her tears that was threatening to fall any second from now.

Mr. Lee saw it and he walked to his wife, he placed a hand on his wife back while smiled warmly at her. He look just as sad as his wife, he never thought this could be so painful to look at, the image of two brothers that love each other more than anything, hugging in front of them. It too painful for them, they could only pray that Jihoon might learn accept the reality.

“Now now, let go inside shall we?” Jihoon’s mother said as she managed to restrain the tears from coming out. She doesn’t want to look weak in front of Jihoon, she have to look strong in Jihoon’s eyes. All she have to do was keeping the secret from Jihoon until the right times come and she would have to tell him sooner.


“Chan! Jihoon hyung, what took you so long?” Seungkwan shouted when he saw 2 figures walking towards his direction. They were sitting under a big shady tree Seungkwan loved to sit while eating his lunch. Although he was noisy and everything, but sometimes he prefer quiet and calm places to be at.

“Jihoon hyung was walking with gear 2, that why we’re late.” Chan answered instead of Jihoon. Jihoon almost slap the younger back when Chan had escaped and ran behind Seokmin. Jihoon groaned and he walked in slow motion to the small group. Under the big shady tree, Jihoon, Seungkwan, Seokmin and Chan were chatting happily while practicing for their show 2 days from now.

“It awesome!! I can’t wait to perform this song later. How come I never get to hear this kind of songs nowdays?” Seungkwan chirped happily when he heard the song that Jihoon suggested for his duet with Seokmin, the song Jihoon wrote by himself. Seokmin was nodding his head as an agreement to Seungkwan statement about the song.

Jihoon smile a little, to himself, he was proud of course. This was considered the first time someone wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter