Ch.Twenty Six

You make me feel (baekmi)
Please log in to read the full chapter

At School Cafetaria

 

Baekhyun and Bomi came a little bit late to cafeteria because of their class ended late, but others start teasing them because of it.

"Look at them. They even start to take a time just two of them so they late to come here." Eunji said.

"No, you know how Mrs. Song class was, it usually ended late because of the quiz." Bomi explain.

"Really? It's not because you two have been carried away with yesterday's date?" Hayoung teased.

"Bomi mother told you that?" Baekhyun asked.

"Oh, how did you know that?" Hayoung ask him back.

"See, I told you she will tell everyone about it." Bomi said to Baekhyun.

"What is it? You two are really dating but want to keep it as secret?" Eunji asked in surprised tone.

"No..." Bomi answered quickly, "Its misunderstanding, Eunji-ya. We just having lunch but my mother keep saying we were have a date."

"Your mother must be like him so much."

"You have no idea." Bomi shake her head.

 

"Bom, you already have someone to accompany you to SNSD concert?" Hayoung asked.

"Not yet. Everyone I asked already has a ticket and they're in different section. Should I just randomly ask people to come with me?"

"You have free ticket with you, Bom?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yes, one ticket. You have someone in mind that I can ask to come with me?"

"How about me? I actually like SNSD, Bom." Baekhyun said with excited tone.

"Are you really like them, or you just want to go with Bomi?" Hayoung asked.

"No, I really like them. You can ask me anyting about them, I probably can answer you question." Baekhyun said with confidence.

"There, you have your partner, Bom." Eunji said but Bomi somehow feel uneasy about it.

"So I can really get the concert ticket and watch them live?"

"Of course, Bomi is searching for someone she knows to accompany her. Good thing it happened to be you. You must be happy, right Bom?" Eunji asked.

"Oh.." Bomi respond half-heartedly.

"Really? Thank you Bomi. It'll be held on July 23th right?"

"Oohh, you must be really a fan, Baek." Hayoung said.

What is it? I should've been happy since I've got a friend to watch the concert. But why I feel like I lost something when I saw his excitement about this concert. Ay, I don't know, let's not overthinking about that.

---

 

Friday comes fast and as usual, Bomi in the music room to watching Baekhyun performance. This time she brings her camera and asks Baekhyun permission to record his performance.

"Baek, what do you think if we record your performance? I think you can get used with the feeling that someone watching you with the camera. And we can use the video to take a look and evaluate your performance." And I'll use it for my plan to help you.

"Okay, I'll trust your method, Bom."

Bomi put one of her camera in front of Baekhyun, and one more behind his back. After finish to setting it up, Baekhyun start to singing while playing the piano. Bomi watch him with a smile in her face. He never failed to impress me.

Baekhyun stop after he was finished playing two songs and he look at Bomi who gives him thumbs up. Bomi walk on the camera and turn it off before she start screaming and praising Baekhyun performance.

"I thought you're not gonna doing your usual cheering for me."

"Of course not. What kind of fan who didn't cheering out loud for her idol." Bomi grab her camera and bring it to Baekhyun, "Let's take a look at your video."

"You keep looking down on a whole performance, Baek."

"I just feel shy to look at the camera."

"Aigoo, the camera should've captured your handsome face but you didn't even take a look."

"There's a limit to praising someone you know. It becomes a lie when you overdid it."

"I'm serious, you actually have handsome face, Baek. Especially when you perform with piano, it's plus point because the aura you have."

Baekhyun grinning from ear to ear after listen to Bomi compliment.

"Can we start again, and you try to look at the camera this time?" Baekhyun nodded and Bomi setting her camera once again.

 

They are evaluating Baekhyun performance once again. The first time he look at the camera he made a mistake with his piano so he's back to focus on his playing and he just look at the camera again when it near the ending. "Good, it's really good as a first try. As expected from someone skillful." Bomi clapping her hand for Baekhyun effort.

"Baek, why are you fine when I'm looking at your performance?"

"Because you didn't look at me with judging eyes, and in fact, the way you're looking at me is really giving me strength because your eyes is like telling me I'm doing a good job."

"And believe me, you do, Baek." Bomi smiling sincerely, "Do you believe in what I said?"

"Yes, I do."

"Then let's start again, this time let's take a look at the camera more often with confidence."

Baekhyun start again and he's looking at Bomi first before he start looking at the camera. He's gaining a confidence after looking at Bomi expression so he can smile and look at the camera. When they looking at the video, Baekhyun observe Bomi expression, and everytime Baekhyun look at the camera somehow Bomi just smiling along with it and Baekhyun feel satisfied with it.

"Woah, this will be my precious video as your fan, Baek."

"You keep smiling when I look at the camera you know."

"Of course, everyone will be the same because when you look at the camera it feels like you're looking at someone who's watching you. Who doesn't smile while they were enjoying your beautiful voice and then you look at them with those eyes."

"So you want me to look at the camera to make you feel like I'm looking at you? I just can do it live." Baekhyun then cup her face and looking at her in the eyes.

"Stop joking, Bacon." Bomi pull off Baekhyun hands from her face and looked away to calm her heart, "It's your practice so later you can look at your audience."

"So I succeed for the first step right?"

"Yup and we can go for the next step at the next performance."

"What is it?"

"Add the audience to look at your performance. And I'm not gonna ask stranger so don't be too worried about it."

"Who's gonna watch my performance?"

"Eunji and Hayoung. Just two more of your friends."

 

Baekhyun already feel nervous to Bomi idea, "Do you think I'm ready for it?"

"If you're thinking too much then you keep hesitating, Baek. Let's just keep practice like today and I believe you'll succeed."

"What if I'm not performing alone for the first time? It'll help me to adjust my nervousness."

"Hmm, okay. You'll perform with V?"

"No. With you."

"Ne?" Bomi raised her voice.

"I know you have a good voice too, Bom." Baekhyun smiled, "And with you I'll gain my confidence to perform in front of Eunji and Hayoung."

"How did you know about my singing voice? I never sing at school event."

"That's my secret."

"Again?"

Baekhyun chuckled, "So, you'll say yes right, Bom? You promise that you'll help me."

"Seriously, I'm curious so much about you right now."

"That's good, it'll make you more attracted to me." Baekhyun chuckled, "Your answer?"

"I'll say yes if you tell me how you knew about my singing voice."

"What, another deal with me?"

"Yup, I don't want to lose." Bomi smirk.

"Okay, how about you perform with me and after that I'll tell you my secret. Deal?"

"Okay, deal!"

The two of them make a deal and then decided to go home after that.

---

 

When Bomi finished her Taekwondo practice on Monday afternoon she text Baekhyun about their performance.

From: My Babomi

Message: Baek, my semifinal match will be held on this Friday, so I don't think we can do the performance in front of Eunji and Hayoung since I can't practice with you. What if you change your duet partner so we can still doing the performance?

From: Baekhyun ♥

Message: Let's just change it for next week then.. :) And we will practice on this Friday. It's okay since you finished your match in the afternoon right?

From: My Babomi

Message: You're really firm about this one didn't you? Okay then, we will perform next Friday. What are you doing, Baek?

From: Baekhyun ♥

Message: Just doing stupid things with V :D He was asking to coming on our duet performance, it's okay right?

From: My Babomi

Message: Of course it's okay. Just come if he's not busy with his practice, but tell him please be prepare since I'm not that good XD Are you sure you didn't want to change your partner, Baek? Someone who's as good as you.

From: Baekhyun ♥

Message: I know I can do it if I'm doing it with you. That's why I'm not changing my partner. Please Bom, for my successful first performance in front of other people.

Please log in to read the full chapter