8th Bite

More Than Just A Pie
Please log in to read the full chapter

And if it was for him, I bake pie.

 

As her phone keeps vibrating under her pillow, Hani abruptly awakes. She swifts her hand under the pillow to get her phone. She rubs her eyes as her other hands swipe the screen to see what's happening on her phone.

There are some notifications that inform her she get some texts. She opens it, directly presses the app icon on the screen.

Good morning

Sorry didn’t reply yr text last night.

My phone’s off and I only saw it this morning.

Hani scrunches her face. She sees the sender of the text and it cames under the name of "Sehun". As Hani repeatedly scrolls the text up and down, she raises her brow.

Wait- what?, she thinks, So what happen yesterday??

She abruptly gets up from her position, looking through herself who still wearing the same pajamas as last night even her towel still wrapping her hair messily. She looks at her bed and thinking that there is no indication that something ever happen last night like she thinks so. She bites her lip as her memories rewind to their date yesterday. About everything they're going to do. Having some dinner, eating ice cream. holding hands while walking to the Sehun’s car. Sehun said he didn’t want to drive her late so they went back to Hani’s house. Hani took a bath after that. She crawled to her bed once she finished changing clothes and she left a simple messages to Sehun before she closed her eyes and slept.

Hani hits her forehead with her palm once, twice, thrice, ...

Aw fool you, Go Hani. What are you dreaming of??

She was dreaming about something. She was dreaming that Sehun came last night, knocking on her window and the sweetest of all, he made a confession to her which made her jumping out in excitement to have the same feeling as him. But well, after the text she read just now and looking that her bed is just as innocent as usual, she is sure it’s only the part of her dream.

Go Hani, you're just not that innocent as you thought, she murmurs to herself. She palms her now reddening face, thinking that she was about going to be a ert just now. She didn't even believe that she was dreaming about something steamy between her and Sehun, even more than just a kiss. God, she must be wet right now because of her dream. She just having a wet dream after fantasizing about Sehun in her sleep.

She goes back to her phone and writes some reply to Sehun before she finally gets up from her bed and takes a bath.

_

 

It supposed to be one casual birthday party, he said, but it turns out to be something wilder that Hani never used to. She doesn’t like it.

After taking Hani’s out for simple dinner, Sehun has another plan for his reward. He asked Hani to come to Chanyeol’s party in his residence which couldn’t be easily rejected by Hani since its only two blocks from her house.

Chanyeol’s parents are in not the house and his one and only older sister is nowhere to be found now. Music is going louder in the background while people cheering unto each other. For them, it is so happening while for Hani, it’s really wasting time.

Fortunately to Hani, it seems like she is not the only one who finds it hard to enjoy the party. They sits together in one couch, watching one serial drama on TV while people in the backyard keep hype behind them.

“What time is it actually? Does Chanyeol have a limit to his party?” Hani asks while her hand keep pressing to the button on the controller, changing one channel to another.

“He doesn’t have, his parents wouldn’t come home till Saturday, I guess,” the other replies. “Really? What did they do? Leaving their children by their own?” Hani rolls her eyes. She stops at one sit-com in TV.

“Well, ask your parents when they leave you, Hani,” replies another person, right besider her. She glares at him and he only shows his sneer.

“Oh, hey,” the other greets, “I almost forget you’re here. Well.. . why are you here?” he asks.

“Well, hey to you too. I came to protect Hani as usual,” he gladly smiles back. It obviously Suho or Kim Junmyeon, Hani’s best guy friend ever, who happens to be here because Hani insisted him. And even though Sehun is not really sure about it, Hani is so much more than relief that Suho came with her instead.

“Oh yeah, you should be. She seems like she’ll going to savage out of boredom,” The other sneers at Hani which Hani only make a face at him. “Likewise, Jongin-ssi. Why don’t you enjoy the party yourself?” Hani asks.

Jongin shrugs, “I never like this kind of party. I prefer to sleep but since it’s Chanyeol’s, I have no choice,” he replies.

The three of them sigh to their desperation. Why can people like them join the hype like the other people? What even do they do now? Watching Tv altogether while people join in the crowd, probably dancing to the ryhthm or chatting all about bullcrap things?

Hani takes her phone out from her pocket. She swipes the screen and looks at the analog clock on the screen, 10.42 p.m. It’s only eleven in the evening and people will call it as ‘early’ if Hani tries to go home now. She turns her head and wanders around. She narrows her eyes to looking for one special figure.

Sehun. He was talking to some of his friends by the pool. His one hand holds one dart as they are playing dart now and the other holds a half glass of what Hani assumed as alcohol. She sighs. If only it is not because of his reward, Hani wouldn’t want to come in the first place. And if it’s not because of Suho, Hani might stay in the front door or in the corner where people won’t even see her presence. She turns again to the television and she widens her eyes when the scene on TV unknowingly show some inappropriate scene.

“Oh my God,” she shouts and immediately covers her eyes with both of her hands. The two beside her look at her at the same time. Suho hisses, “Oh, please, Hani. It’s just a scene. How old are you actually?” he clicks his tongue to the ridiculousness of Hani. Jongin is no other, rolls his eyes, “Yeah, what makes you so embarassed by that?”

Hani looks up from between her fingers and sees both Suho and Jongin. “Should I be proud seeing that then, huh?” she asks. She takes her hands down when she peeks that the scene is no longer shown on the screen.

Suho scoffs and Jongin takes another drink from the table. He takes one gulp and then asks her again, “Then answer my question honestly, Go Hani,” he turns to see Hani and Hani looks at him back suspiciously. “Well, I just want to know..,” Jongin his bottom lip, “Are you perhaps.. a , Hani?”

Hani widens her eyes. She chokes even though she isn’t drinking anything. Her eyes bulges out even more. “Wh-what?” she says. She is taken aback by the question and she isn’t ready yet to that kind of the question. Who the hell ask such a question. Never in her wildest dream, she thought someone would ask her that.

Suho clears his throat. Hani never looked so damn nervous like this before. It kind of something new for him and seeing her reaction, he just excited to more.

“Oh yes, Hani. We never talked about stuffs like this before, but could you just answer his question. Tell us honestly, are you still a ?” he smirks and Hani shots him a death glare which she didn’t dare to give Jongin earlier.

“What is so wrong with you guys? Should I even tell my personal life to you?” Hani suddenly gets up. She is ready to leave the scene, escaping from the question but Suho holds one of her wrist and pulls her back to sit between them.

“Don’t even think to run from us, Hani,” Suho holds her hand and Jongin even takes one of his hand on her shoulder to make her stay in the position. “Ugh.. let me go,” Hani struggles from the hold of Suho in her wrist and Jongin’s hold on her shoulder which she fails to break because they are stronger than her, of course.

“What are you guys doing?” From nowhere, unknowingly Sehun suddenly comes and witnesses them. Suho and Jongin immediately let go of their hands, silently looks at each other and mouthed ‘oops’ in the same time. Hani gladly relief at Sehun’s sudden presence and she frowns at him right away.

Sehun raises his brow. “Sehun,” Hani fakes a pout, “I don’t want to stay with them. They are so weird,” Hani stands up and walk towards Sehun. She hides under his body. “What did they do to you?” Sehun looks at Hani over his shoulder. Hani only shakes her head and she sqeezes Sehun’s arm from behind. Sehun doesn’t know what’s going on between them but he finds it really adorable how Hani uses his body for her protection. He absolutely loves the act but to calm his mind, not to be overreacted, he glares at both of the boys before them.

“Hey, what are yo

Please log in to read the full chapter