22th Bite

More Than Just A Pie
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

When this Yixing guy offers her a handshake, Hani could only gape for a second. She is thinking about something else of how should she inform the guy that she is the same person who happened to throw up on his shirt once.

Yixing knits his eyebrow and shaking his hand to the air, in front of the face of the girl. She is zonning out for whatever reason and she literally ignore the handshake he was offering to her.

"Hello?" Yixing says as the girl finally blinks and wakes up from her revelation. "Oh, yes," Hani bows at him politely, "Nice to meet you, Mr. President," she greets. Yixing pulls his hand to the side and bows back to her.

"I need to talk with you," Hani says but her eyes quietly lands to the other guys who was opening the door from her before, "But.." she wants to tell that the presence of this other guy is somehow bothering her to talk with Yixing but finds no words to tell. Yixing seems to notice this and instead, he takes the initiative.

"Hyun woo-ah, can you check the paper I’ve been working on before. I have a quite few mistake and while I’m talking to this girl, can you handle it for me a while?" he says, whether it was for real or just an excuse. Hyun woo nods to Yixing, "Yes, sunbae. I’ll see if I can help," he says and finally he disappears behind the door as both Yixing and Hani watch over him.

"So?" Yixing suddenly asks. "Oh, yes. Let’s talk there," Hani was eyeing for the quitest corner on the hallway since then and she thinks it would be the best place to ‘reveal’ her true self. Hani leads the way and Yixing follows after, despite being uncertain with this girl’s purposes.

"First of all, please take this," Hani hands him a cup of iced americano. Jung Ah told her that it would be a good thing for her to bring something to him and Jongin sais since he was the ‘busy-person’, coffee could be a good option for him. Yixing looks at her hand and being careful he is, he shakes his head and smiles to her.

"No. You don’t have to," he says, "You can have for yourself,"

Hani is stunned by the rejection but she realizes that it wasn’t an insult since Yixing might just being careful that he didn’t even know who is she yet.

"Ah, I’m sorry for being rude, but my name is Go Hani. I’m from Department of Psychology," Hani introduces herself to Yixing. Go Hani? Psychology? What a psychology department wants from him though? Yixing just scrunches his face. He quietly scans the girl from her face and once again he feels familiar but nothing comes to his mind yet.

"Right. You don’t know me yet," Hani purses her lips. She bites her lips hesitantly and takes a deep breath before she pulls her hoodie from her head. She then takes her glasses off to reveal more of her face. "Mr. President, Yixing-ssi. I was the person who throwed up to you before. I come to say my apology towards you," Hani finally says and her head gave a curt nod while saying.

Yixing nods as he carefullY pays attention to her every words when the truth has been revealed, he gasps. He is dumbfounded but a light chuckles comes out from his mouth. There is this smirk appears on the edge of his lips, "Ah..so that, you’re the drunk girl," Yixing says amusedly, "You should just tell me from the first time," he says.

"Y-yeah? I guess," Hani speaks, "But it’s not that easy since I don’t even know if you might gone crazy or not. I didn’t remember actually but it’s slightly pretty messed up in the video," Hani explains. Yixing tries to understand and when it hit him again, he promptly open his mouth.

"Ah! The internet thing," he nods, "I’m sorry that some people are just too generous to even save a single video," he seems like sincerely says that which makes Hani immediately shakes her head to him. "You’re not sorry, please," she says, "It isn’t your fault if you’re not the one who share it, are you?" Hani quirks an eyebrow.

"NO," Yixing defensively answer right away, "Why would I embarassing myself, right?"

Hani purses her lips and nods to him. "I guess. So..sorry? I’m sorry that my carelessness malign you," she says with a deep bow and an apologhetical look on her face. Be sincerely as she could.

"Well, that’s okay. It’s not that you purposely did that. It didn’t harm me much," He smirks, "It’s just I have to ditch my favorite shirt gifted by grandma," he says.

Hani bulges her eyes, "You ditch that shirt? From your grandma?" she asks.

Yixing pouts, "Well, my innocent shirt is purely chaste white in color and... your..," he tries to find words before he continues, "I just say that it’s not in the same color again since then and it would not be wise for me to keep it even though it’s from someone I care so much,"

Hani feels her shoulder is weak suddenly. Even her heart feels a bit heavy because of his statement. Were he just saying or he really purposely doing it so Hani will feel more burdensome than she already did? She just unconsciously frowns while thinking about that.

"I..I am really sorry for that," she weakly says and her eyes could even be on the same level on him anymore. She just looks down to the floor.

"Don’t be, please. I told you, you didn’t purposely did that. It’s already a good thing that you step forward to see me directly like this when you actually shouldn’t be though. I acknowledge the fact that you’re just a freshmen here and most of you will do something not good, pretty much but there are a lot of worse case than yours, so chill up. I won’t take it seriously, it’s more like acceptable for me even before you apologize to me," Yixing soothe her with his calm demeanor that when she lifts her head up, she was faced with his smile and that dimple on him appears again.

"Relax," he says casually. Hani shifts her eyes and bobs her head.

"So, what’s your name again? Go..Hani? From psychology department?" Yixing asks. "Y-yes. Go Hani," Hani replies in a flash.

"Alright, Hani-ssi. I accept your apology and please don’t be burdensome anymore after this," he says, "I still have some works waiting for me, so if you could just allow me to go, I’ll excuse myself,"

Hani hits the corner of her head. It wasn’t a surprise that he’s the President and he has a lot of things to handle. "Oh, sure. Sure, you can. I’m sorry for interupting you,"

Yixing scrunches his face and weirdly laughs at her, "There’s too much sorry for today actually. You shouldn’t be like that. You are also too generous to share that amount of sorry," he mutters, "Save it for the last, for a thing that really needs a sorry,"

Hani only could blink at him and Yixing is already ready to move from the space. "I’ll get going now. Nice to meet you, Hani-ssi. See you around," Yixing bows to her and turns around abruptly.

"Ah, wait," Hani half yells at him and Yixing halt to see her again. "Please take this with you. I already bought it for you," she offers the iced americano once again which she surely sure it is much bitter now since the ice has melted down. Yixing looks at the iced americano and Hani alternately.

"Alright," he takes the iced americano with him. "Thank you," he says, "But next time when you feel sorry about me, please bring me iced green tea latte. I’ll like it better," he playfully says as he takes a sip of the coffee.

"Pardon me?" Hani utters.

Yixing chuckles, "No, I’m just kidding. See you around, Hani," He bids his goodbye once again, "And please don’t be around with that tight hoodie covering your face again. It’s not like you have something bad to cover. The opposite, it’s a pity that there were not much people saw your pretty face earlier," he waves at her while taking another sip from the straw. "Bye, Hani-ssi," he lastly says.

_

 

Wasn’t he really saying I have a pretty face? Hani mentally mutters to herself. It wasn’t her fault that a simple compliment could flatter a girl’s heart whether it was just him being polite or not. But she shakes her head abruptly. There is nothing to be considered of. She has just to relief that her problem with him is probably clear now.

"HANI!" Jung Ah shouts from some meters away for her when she notices her presence and Hani quickly steps forward to see her.

"Hey," Hani breathes out as she lands before her friend. "How was it?" Jung Ah directly asks as she didn’t concern about Hani who is breathless after fastened her pace to see her.

Please log in to read the full chapter