13th Bite

More Than Just A Pie
Please log in to read the full chapter

Don't give your pie away to someone who doesn't deserve it

 

The big match Sehun has anticipating as the last soccer match he would have for the rest of his school life ended just last night. And until the last minute before the opening ceremony, Sehun has no idea of Hani's presence. Hani never missed any match of Sehun since the first time they assigned to the arranged marriage. Hani has yet appeared on his phone either. Sehun lost his contact with her and it feels like they were living in the old times where nothing could keep two persons in touch or feels like they were living in deserted island where nothing but wind that last to deliver all the misses he has. But pretty much Sehun know, they were not living under those circumstances.

Buries down all his fear and he already done with his other business, the only thing he need now is to pull himself together and go on his own.

"Mother-nim, I was thinking to stop by and visit you today, are you home ?"

"Oh, Sehun-ee, dear, I'm sorry I'm not. I'm accompanying your father to this banquet,"

"Oh, I see. Is Hani with you? I'm sorry but I think she didn't check her phone,"

"Ah, yes. She's not with us. She's home but, I don't know, she's not in a good condition. Not in a good mood either. I am really sorry but she might be just out of her mind in the time like this,"

"In the time like this?"

"Well yeah, this is the truth but she could be so mean sometime, I hope you bear with it,"

"Y-yes. I think I can bear with it,"

"Alright, may be I’ll see you tomorrow, Honey. I have to hung up now,"

"Yes, yes. Thank you, Mother-nim, I'll call you later,"

Sehun puts down his phone and sighs. He doesn't really know what to do now. He's actually already in the front of Hani's house. But fifteen minutes since then, no one has open the door for him. Not even Hani replies his text. In fact, currently her number is busy when he called before.

He looks down to his feet. One bag full of snacks that he thinks Hani maybe needs. Well he remembered her being so obsessed with food recently and maybe for the reason he know why. And his other hand, he has something within it. According to google-know-everything which he typed under the search of 'flower for asking an apology', there are a lot of web says roses are good ones, along with the tulip, hyacint, orchid, and carnation. Rather than choosing for a bold red one, Sehun decides a bouquet of white ones could represent his pure apology more and he doesn't want Hani thinks that he's just being all flirty and romantic. And some hints of pink blooms of carnation might do it even better with the contrast of white colored roses.

But he only can grits his teeth now. This is so unpredictably worst than he ever imagine. He grabs the plastic bag from the ground, turns around, and is heading back to his car. A few steps forward and he turns again to see the yet so quite house. May be Hani doesn't want to meet him yet.

He frowns but he's trying to understand. He wanders his eyes and somehow it lands to where he bulges his eyes in surprise immediately.

He grins, the lady luck might be  is on his shoulder right now. He chuckles as he couldn't believe what he saw.

Hani's window is widely open and why did he feel like it's telling him to come?
_

 

Sehun successfully arrives at Hani's room but he scrunches his face when he sees no one stays there. It's damn pretty messy room, unlike the neat Hani he used to know.

He walks further inside her house, carefully open his sneakers, leaving him with his only socks to travel the house. He increases his pace when he heard some sounds down stair. He knows that voice and he's pretty sure it comes from the living room.

He reaches out and hesitantly calls, "H-hani?"

Hani flinches as she hear his voice but she couldn’t be able to answer him. Sehun goes down on his knee when he found Hani is lying on the floor with thick blanket all over her. Hani curls up like a ball and her face contorts in pain. She moans weakly and only bites her lips.

“What happen?” Sehun grabs her body and rises her up with all his strength. “Are you okay?” he dismisses her hair that covering her now sweaty face. “Are you hurt?” he asks again. But Hani only shakes her head hard. She shuts her eyes off when she feels the pain in her lower abdomen hits again.

Hani was watching TV, having her day-off because she felt very unwell that day. But it suddenly occurs to her when the mild annoyance in her stomach becomes worse. It suddenly is throbbing sharply from her stomach then radiating down to her legs. She flinches and whimpers but no one has yet there to help her.

“What’s wrong, Hani?” Sehun is freakingly panic because of her. He shakes her body but it only make her worse. “S-stohp,” Hani weakly says. Sehun drops her hand. With her last strength, Hani soon tries to get up and on her own, but she fails. Sehun immediately helps her out. Hani grits her teeth.

“Wh-what are you doing h

Please log in to read the full chapter