6th Bite

More Than Just A Pie
Please log in to read the full chapter

There’s so much to know in one pie

 

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Hani is the one who breaks their long stare to each other. Sehun raises his brow, “Why are you looking at me like that, TOO?” he returns.

Both scrunches and glares, head shaking to each other.

As Sehun is not comfortable with the presence of his brother in his home, he decided to go to Hani’s house after school. They both are sitting on the opposite of each other, crossing own legs under the coffee table and books are spreading all over it. Hani insists them to study together, she starts to teach Sehun how to solve his own homework. She says it’s worth to try because in the following weeks later, they will have mid exam in school and Hani heard enough of Sehun’s not-so-good grade from his parents.

In fact, they have not finished one problem yet. Thirty minutes passed, but they were struggling to their own mental fight. There is something bothering them recently and yet they didn’t know how to deal with it.

“Oh, so you like my brother?”

Hani remembered Yunho, Sehun’s brother, asking her last time at his party. Hani couldn’t even think of any answer. Instead, her face is blushing in red immediately. Yunho turned out to laugh at her because of it.

“Alright, Alright. I understand. It’s okay, you don’t have to answer,” still chuckling, Yunho said to her, “I just want to know,”

Hani awkwardly stared at him, “What did you know?” she innocently asks. Yunho looked at her and smiled playfully, “You DO like him,” he calmly said. Hani was stunned for a while. Do I even like him?, she mentally asks. Looking through some people behind Yunho, she peeked sneakily to Sehun. That 5 years old?, she lifted her brow.

Yunho noticed her and started to looking at Sehun, too. “Isn’t he charming in his own way?” he whispered to Hani suddenly. Hani jolted up from a shock. Hani ducked her head down to her chest and abruptly shook her head.

“Ey...both of you are so cute,” Yunho said.

“What?” Hani asked. Yunho smiled, “Sehun was also denying it at first,” he answered. He left a big question on Hani’s mind but Hani decided not to ask furthermore.

What was Sehun denying at first? She just mentally asked.

“You’re zoning out,” Sehun pops her bubble of mind out of sudden. Hani averts her eyes to Sehun. Sehun completely stares to her but she couldn’t understand anything about it.

“Why are you keep looking at me?” Hani asks, “I told you to look at your book,”

Sehun grits his teeth, “You too. Look at your book,” he retorts. Hani clucks her tongue, “I’m about to,” she averts her eyes down to her own book. Sehun sighs inwardly but doesn’t even blink his eyes from the sight of Hani in front of him.

“You’re daydreaming again, Sehun. What happen?” Baekhyun suddenly appeared and took a seat on the chair in front of him. Sehun got up from his position. He was lying his head on the desk and looking out through the window, didn’t even realize his friends were already there for lunch. Jongin and Chanyeol looked at him and also sat on the chair next to them.

He scratched his nape and shook his head.

“Seriously? Are you sick?” Baekhyun asked again and Sehun firmly shook. “There’s just something on my mind,” Sehun said.

“Alright,” Baekhyun nodded. “So we’re going to lunch now?” Chanyeol asked suddenly, “I almost die of hunger,” he added hyperbolically. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“You guys go first. I’m not really hungry,” Sehun said. His three friends were looking at him in confusion. “You’re not hungry?” Jongin assured him. When Sehun nodded, he shook his head in disbelief, “No way,”

Baekhyun scrunches at him, “Are you sure you’re not sick?” he asked. Sehun just shrugged at him. “Alright guys, Sehun said he isn’t hungry and he’s not sick so he’s not dying here. But I am. I am dying right now,” Chanyeol annoyingly whined to Baekhyun. He felt that if he didn’t inform them immediately, they would probably stay there.

Jongin sighed and Baekhyun hissed at him. “Alright, Alright,” Baekhyun stood up, followed by Chanyeol and Jongin at the same time. “We’re going first, Sehun,” Jongin said, “We’ll bring you some stuff from the cafeteria,”

Sehun smiled and nodded at them. Chanyeol and Jongin bided their goodbye and leave the class first. Baekhyun followed from behind but he turned around before he escaped the room.

“Hey, Sehun, you know what?” He suddenly shouted. Sehun looked at him, “What?”

“You probably are sick,” Baekhyun said. Sehun only raised his brow. “You experiences some symptoms,” he continued.

“What symptoms?” Sehun started to panic, thinking of he might suffer from some diseases.

Baekhyun smirked, “Yeah, Fall in love. I bet you’re falling in love,” he waved at him before completely disappeared through the door.

Fall in love?, Sehun scrunched.

“Earth to Oh Sehun, is he still there?” Hani waves her hands to the air just right in front of Sehun’s face. Sehun blinks to his awaken state. “You’re still staring at me and didn’t even try to hide it,” Hani says. Sehun immediately averts his eyes, “No, I’m just thinking about some formula,” he says.

“Formula? I thought you’re trying to learn some Biology there,” Hani points out her finger to Sehun’s book which literally is a Biology handbook. She taps on the book. Sehun is completely flustered. “Oh, yeah, but doesn’t mean I can’t think of anything else, right,” Sehun reasons and Hani scoffs.

“Yeah, whatever,” she sighs. Hani stares down to her book once again but her mind isn’t following her eyes.

“I don’t understand,” Hani mutters. She told Suho what’s happened on the dining party recently.

“What is the thing that you don’t understand?” Suho asks.

“Why did people keep saying I like him? His brother, not the first one who said it before. Everyone who asked me, they directly make an assumption without even waiting for my answer,” she stomps her feet.

Suho chuckles, “Isn’t it too obvious, Hani?”

“What?”

“You do, you do like him, Hani. Don’t even lie to me or yourself,” Suho rolls his eyes, “And he does too. He likes you if you didn’t notice it yet,”

Hani only pouts. “How do you even know?”

Suho sighs, “Oh, c’mon. It doesn’t need any words. Just looking at how your body moves towards each other, like an opposite magnet that attracts to each other. That’s how people see you two, even though I don’t like to admit it, but yeah, I do notice too,”

Hani huffs and puffs, “People just make an assumption,”

“Based on what’s happening on the reality,” Suho continues her word, “There’s something called ‘Body Language’. It tells you every unspoken words,”

Please log in to read the full chapter