4th Bite

More Than Just A Pie
Please log in to read the full chapter

A pie and more sugar on it

 

All the four boys already gathered in the dining table. They are already wrapped on their school uniform. Sehun yawns, with one hand he covers his mouth and his other hand takes a spoonful of honey syrup, pouring it down to his pancake then.

“Where did you go last night, Sehun?” the owner of the house, Park Chanyeol, asks him. Sehun heavily lifted his eyelid to look at him. “Huh?” he murmurs.

“Don’t you think we didn’t notice you went out somewhere in the middle of the night,” sits across him, is Byun Baekhyun, the shorty. Sehun unamusedly only nods to them.

“So where did you go?” the other one, a dark-skinned who he, himself, prefers to refer as bronze colored, Kim Jongin, follows his friends to ask Sehun. Sehun only sighs, stabbing the pancake with a fork and takes a bite of it. The three of his friends only look to each other.

“Sehun,” Baekhyun takes a glance at Sehun, more deeply this time, “Did you go to Go’s resident?” Sehun drops his fork at the question. He turns his eyes to see his friends one by one. They looks at him in full of anticipation. They probably already know the answer.

Sehun exhales once again before he opens his mouth. With a stern on his face, he says, “So what if I go there?” He speaks nonchalantly then continues to eat again.

His friends sighs in unison at the exact same time. Chanyeol nods in acknowledgement, “Nothing, it’s just better for you to tell us directly. Don’t go in the middle of the night and come home at the dawn. What if my parents caught you in the act, huh?” Chanyeol tries to warn him. “We’re just worrying, okay buddy?” he adds. Sehun wiggles and nods straightafter.

Raising an eyebrow, Baekhyun speaks, “It’s really weird. The first time you’ve heard the idea, I remember you say you didn’t like it but- what’s going on now? It changes automatically, almost unbelievable,” he comments. Sehun only rolls his eyes.

“What did she do to you? What you two practically do to finally agree to the marriage arrangement?” he asks furthermore. Sehun shrugs, “Nothing in particular,”

“Nothing in particular, yeah, sure. But now you spent more of your time with her, for.. bonding, you say?” Jongin joins in the discussion.

“Does it matter to you guys? We meet each other everyday. Come on, guys. It’s just our parents’ suggestion so that we could know each other more,” Sehun replies.

“And why did you say before? Why did you finally agrees to marry Go Hani, Sehun?” Baekhyun says.

Just in the right time, Mrs. Park comes to join them in the dining room.

“What’s with the ruckuss, boys?” She walks towards Chanyeol’s seat and gives a little peck to his head. The other three nod to her and hold a laugh when they saw Chanyeol silently groan to his mom’s kiss. “Do you want to add more honey to your pancake?” She stretches her hands to the honey jar and lifts it up.

They all shakes their head. “No, Mrs. Park, we’re talking about other ‘Honey’,” Baekhyun explains.

Mrs. Park puts the jar back to the table, “So what’s that?” she asks. Sehun glares at the three of his friends, demanding them to shut their mouth up. But Jongin has the other idea.

“Oh, do you know Go Hani?” Jongin says. Sehun steps his feet under the table and Jongin suddenly yells in pain. He glares at Sehun and Sehun glares back at him. For only both of them knowing, they keep silent after that.

“Hani? Mr & Mrs Go’s only daughter?” Mrs. Park walks to find herself an empty seat which is on the right side of Baekhyun. Jongin and Baekhyun nods to respond her.

Mrs. Park turns her sight to Sehun, “Oh, I heard that she is arranged to a marriage with you, Sehun-ee?” with a bright smile, she asks Sehun. Sehun on the other hand, shyly nods to her. “How sweet,” she says, “Hani is a good girl. She often helps in the social events that our company held before,”

“Oh, yeah?” Sehun raises his brow. Mrs. Park nods to him, “Yes, and I heard she still does some community service sometimes. Usually on the weekend, if I’m not mistaken. I once met her in one orphanage,” she adds. Sehun only nods to her answer. He remembers some of the time on the weekend, Hani refuses the idea to visit each other’s house.

Chanyeol smirks at him and teases, “Aw, how lucky are you, Sehun. Your soon to be wife is such a kind and careful girl. You’re so blessed,”. Sehun scoffs. Baekhyun and Jongin laugh at him.

“Oh, don’t worry, Mr. Young Park. Your time will comes soon,” Mrs. Park suddenly states. Chanyeol almost chokes on his food. Baekhyun pats his back to calm him down. “What?” he shouts in surprise.

“Don’t you remember I told you I’d like to arranged you with Han Ga Young?” she grins. Chanyeol sticks his tongue in return, “Han Ga Young? Oh, Mom,” he rolls his eyes, “She’s short, well-rounded, and her teeth, oh my god, her teeth is BIG, Mom,” he flusters in horror, thinking of who Han Ga Young is. His friends laugh at his description. They didn’t really know who Han Ga Young is but from Chanyeol’s description, they could imagine someone that unlikely possible to his liking.

“Park Chanyeol, what did I tell you about talking behind someone’s back?” his mother glares, “It’s not polite, okay?”. Chanyeol snorts at his own mother. “What do I suppose to say, Mom? Should I say that we’re match made by the heaven?” he fakes a smile. His friends laugh even more.

“Well, Chanyeol, you’re suppose to be glad,” Baekhyun interupts, “Let me tell you. She’s shorty, You’re tall. She’s..um..well-rounded, You’re skinny as hell. She has a big TEETH and oh, you have a big EAR. What a match of both of you,” Baekhyun claps his hand together. He grins widely as his friends join to laugh at Chanyeol. Chanyeol looks at them furiously. His mom even almost burst in a laughter but immediately hold herself when Chanyeol glares. She just smiles sheepishly.

“Byun Baekhyun, you’re so dead,” Chanyeol clenches his fist and strongly glares, unamusedly to Baekhyun. It worse because his friends even laugh louder than before.

-

 

 

“Suho, here,” still talking to her phone on her ears, Hani waves when she sees a figure she really used to know. Kim Junmyeon –or as Hani likes to call him even though he doesn’t like, Suho– raises his hand too when he saw her. He hangs up the phone and walks towards her. They now are in the middle of the crowd, sitting on one of the tribune. A match that Sehun mentioned before takes place at one local stadium. A medium one which usually any school likely to used for a friendship match.

Suho takes a sit beside Hani. He brings some drinks for both of them within him. “Here’s your Slurpee,” Suho puts the drinks in between them. “Thanks,” Hani smiles to him. She immediately takes one drink and sips it. Suho wanders around, the seat almost full on both sides but the match seems not going to start soon. “When will it begin?” he asks. Hani looks at her watch under her over-sized sweatshirt. “Twenty minutes to go,” she replies. Suho only nods to her.

“Which one is your darling’s team?” Narrowing his eyes, Suho scans far away to the field. Hani looks at him and throws a punch, “Darling? You’re kidding me,” “Aw,” Suho rubs his arm, “Then what? Should I call him your fiance?” Suho smirks. Hani looks at him, disgusted. “Oh, Stop it,” she says. Suho chuckles then.

Hani turns her eyes to the fields. Pointing her finger out, she says, “The black one with red line, it’s Sehun’s school team,”. Suho looks at the field and nods when he recognizes one. “And where is he?” he asks again. Hani shrugs, “I don’t have any idea. He didn’t show up yet,”

They then talks about how they don’t really know anything about soccer yet they find themselves finally sit together to watch one. Suho is more likely to have an indoor sports. He likes to go to gym as well. The only outdoor sport that meet his interest is Golf, and he rarely finds someone around his age that has the same hobby as him.

In

Please log in to read the full chapter