3rd Bite

More Than Just A Pie
Please log in to read the full chapter

Later, I shall have a pie

 

“How’re ya doing?” Hani’s best-guy-friend ever, Kim Junmyeon, greets her. They are in the library now. Hani is spending her free time, searching some references for her History class.

“Fine, thanks,” Still focusing on the book, Hani shortly replies.

“And how’s the thing going recently?” Junmyeon asks again. Hani lifted her head a bit to look at the man who sits across her. “What?” she returns.

“Oh, you know,” Junmyeon tooks one book from a stack of books that Hani already picked before. He starts to flip the cover, revealing the contents of the book. “Your ‘marriage’ life?” Junmyeon says.

Hani immediately shushes him, “Sshh,” she points her index finger over Junmyeon’s lips. “Can’t you be louder than that?” she chaffs.

Junmyeon pulls himself backward. With a louder voice, he says, “OH YEAH, HANI, I ASK YOU, HOW’S YOUR-“ Junmyeon can’t finish his words since Hani takes a step to tread his left feet under the table. Junmyeon shouts in pain. They can feel all the eyes from people in the library already glare at both of them. The librarian on the corner of the hall looks at them, unamused.

“Ms. Go, Mr. Kim,” she glares at them behind her glasses which already drop down to half of her nose.

Hani nods rightaway, mouthed an inaudible ‘Sorry’ to her. She turns to glare at Junmyeon.

“What? You ask me to speak louder,” Junmyeon retorts, only to make Hani glares even more.

“Alright, alright, Sorry, Honey Bunny,” Junmyeon smiles sheepishly. “I just want to ask,” he reasons.

Returning to her book, Hani replies, “We’re doing fine? I guess,”

“You guess? Your marriage life is based on a Guess?” he lifts a brow. Hani only nods to him.

“I still can’t understand why don’t you just turn down the arranged marriage. You rarely know him,”

Hani shrugs, “Nah, we both can learn about each other in the meantime. It’s not like I’m going to marry him tomorrow,”

“But still, Hani. Just because both of your parents are bestfriend, doesn’t mean you both have to marry to each other,” Junmyeon says.

“So, should we be an enemy to each other?” Hani returns only to make Suho rolls his eyes.

“Why don’t you just..like...him? Try,” Hani suggests. “What? No!” Junmyeon yells, almost turn them to be the subject of the library again.

Hani sends him another glare. “And can you tell me once again why don’t you like him?” she asks.

Junmyeon put a finger in the middle of his forehead, while try to think about something, “Oh yeah, he looks like a bone-walking-human. I mean, look at how skinny is he. I don’t believe that such a wealthy family he has, yet he looks like a homeless person,”

Hani sighs, “Is homeless person a bad person, huh? He’s not skinny, he just don’t gain weight easily,”

Junmyeon pouts. He thinks again, “He often talks nonsense thing or worse, he answers me with more than a paragraph when all that I ask is ‘How’s the weather today?’. He talks too much for someone who looks so quiet outside. I came to his house once and I swear I don’t want to go there twice,” Junmyeon widen his eyes as he feels terible, “And his laugh! Oh my god, how annoying is the sound. It worse than Spongebob,”

Hani chuckles, “And you are worse than Squidward,”

Junmyeon scoffs. “And Oh! How do I say this? He’s kind of having . . a ert expression when he saw you. The way he looks at you is just like the way a man could possibly undressing you on his mind. Don’t you think, I didn’t see how he almost could dig a hole on the back of your head while glaring at you from behind. It happens last week on Mr and Mrs Kwon’s wedding anniversary. You might not see it, but I always kept my eyes on him, so I know. And that young man, don’t he even dare to think he can touch you, Honey,”

Hani chuckles again, “Oh, dear. Once I marry to him, I swear you won’t see him as a ert again. He just has a strong glare. People could misinterpret that sometimes,”

Junmyeon protrudes his lower lip. “Why do I feel like you take a side on him?” he looks at Hani suspiciously, “I am still your best friend, right?”

Hani laughs, “Of course, Junmyeon-ee. You’ll always be. But out of all the thing you’ve been pointing out just now are nonsense. Sehun isn’t like that. He’s not that bad, okay,”

Junmyeon folds his arm over his chest, “How do you know it, Sweety? You’ve known him for these two months only,”

“Three months,” Hani corrects him. “So what? I’ve met him since I was 6 years old. I told you, we can learn about each other in the meantime, which is now, before we finally get married to each other later,”

Junmyeon shuts his mouth. His teeth is gritting to each other inside. He sighs, “Don’t tell me you already fell in love with him,”

Hani looks at Junmyeon and a giggles slipped out of , “I don’t, trust me. I just don’t like to make things complicated. If my parents think it will be the best for me then why not, right? Beside, he’s really not that bad. Believe me. He even easier than the half of people I used to know,”

Junmyeon scrunches.

“He looks like a 5 years old kid. He’s childish but it’s easier to control him,” Hani utters. She bobs her head to make Junmyeon understand and he just nods silently, following Hani.

Just when they acknowledge each other, Hani’s phone buzzes out of nowhere. She notices and instantly look at the phone on the table. What a coincidence, the name appears on her phone is none other than Sehun.

It’s a rare thing that Sehun calls her in the schooltime. She slides the screen to answers.

She silently speaks, “Yes, hello?”

“Oh, hi. It’s still your free time right?” Sehun asks. “Yes,” Hani briefly answers.

“Good. I call only to inform you I can’t make a time to go to your house today and also in the following days.  You also don’t have to come to my place for a while,”

“Oh, okay then,” she says.

There is a moment of silent. “That’s it?” Sehun asks. Hani scrunches and even though Sehun isn’t there, he knows Hani doesn’t get what he mean.

“Don’t you supposed to be ask me why?” he says. “Ah,” Hani realizes, “So. . why? Why can’t you?”

Sehun sighs, “What a heedless wife,” he says, “Anyway, I have to attend the soccer practice till very late, I guess for these following days, that’s why. You remember I have a match on Friday night, right?”

“Oh, now you mention,” Hani replies.

Sehun scoffs, “Go Hani, I don’t call to remind you, you should remember it,”

Hani chuckles, “I’m just kidding. How could I forget it if you always remind me almost in every texts and calls. And not to mention, I’m the brain, right?”

Please log in to read the full chapter