25th Bite

More Than Just A Pie
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

With a full of anticipation, Hani walks from the gate to the front foor. Her eyes carefully watches her surroundings. One car has already parked on the carport. She then inserts the key hesitantly, silently turns it. Once and twice, she unlocks the door. Before she steps furthermore inside, she takes a peek. The room is clear. With a hand full of some shopping bags, she reaches her phone inside her sling bag with another hand. She missed one miscall and three texts from this certain person.

She doesn’t need to open it. Indeed, she intentionally ignores it. She just wants to prepare her heart for what’s coming before her. She sighs as the corner of her mind tells her that probably Sehun had left to the dream land. Even so, she closes door behind her still silently and sneaks out to her room, completely being less sounded as possible.

But maybe that day wasn’t her lucky day, because when she just enters another room in the middle of her route, someone is already calmly sitting on the couch. One of his leg crosses over another, body leans back, a phone in one hand and another hand stays up on the pillow before him. He has his eyes on his phone but the presence of the girl doesn’t go unnoticed by him.

"So, you’re just coming home?" he asks, in the more monotonous tone than he already has. It sounds nothing but purely asking for Hani. She feels uneasy but she stays composed. She tries.

"Uh, y-yes?" Hani doesn’t know what to answer, literally. There is doubt in her answer so the guy rolls his eyes a bit to see her. She is just standing there, a few meters away from him. Stiff and uneasy.

"Oh, right," he responses. He thinks about something else to bring up. "Have you eaten?" He couldn’t have any idea but it. Doesn’t even know how to prolong it if she ever answer later.

Hani grips her share of shopping bags tighter. She nods at him, "Ah yes, Jung Ah has been talking about this cafe lately. I brought you some," Hani lifts one of the bag. Sehun uninterestedly nods. "Right," he replies.

Sehun abruptly gets up from the couch. He presses the button on the controller to shut the television off. "Alright, you’re home now," he sighs as he walks off from the couch, "I’m going to sleep, good night," Sehun says and walks lazily furthermore to his room’s direction.

Hani scrunches immediately, "Aren’t we supposed to talk?" In contempt of being nervous about the talk, she thinks she should be ready in some way. She’s getting tired of the awkwardness between them.

Sehun beams at her but he weakly says, "Well, it’s getting late. Aren’t you tired?" he asks, "Because I am and I have my morning exercise tomorrow," he ignores her response later and there he goes out of the scene.

_

Hani decides to take a bath before sleep. She cannot get her mind uncontaminated from Sehun. Why does he suddenly want to sleep? Doesn’t he want to talk? So why does he even sit on the couch until she show up?

Hani looks her reflection on the mirror while brushing her teeth. "Why doesn’t he just sleep if he’s tired? Was he waiting for me?" Hani knits her eyebrow and comes in conclusion, "So what if he’s waiting? Should he even look so lethargic like that? Does he intentionally want me to feel sorry for him?" she murmurs to herself. And yes, Sehun looks so uninterested before. Hani thinks he will act like usual where he will scold Hani here and there but he was not. He just walks out like nothing happen, weakly bids her a good bye. Hani knows Sehun has told her to talk so why don’t they talk?

It’s getting late, aren’t you tired? Hani remembers once again. She closes her eyes, grunts and sighs. Deeply inside Hani knows she made another mistake and she doesn’t like the fact. She wants to just ignore it but the little part of her not let her to do so. Instead, she does the otherwise.

To : Sehun

Did you sleep already?

She waits for a while for his answer. She is now standing in front of his door but she doesn’t want to disturb him yet. His room seems so quiet. There is no light coming from under his door then he must be turn the lamp off already and went sleep. She sighs. She keeps in mind that Sehun has his morning routine tomorrow so maybe she shouldn’t bothering him now.

But when she is thinking about giving up, her phone buzzes. She instantly takes a look at it.

From : Sehun

Why?

She jumps out in excitement to know that Sehun is replying her text. She turns to see his door but she is unsure about him. Maybe he just woke up because his phone buzzed.

To : Sehun

Am I waking you up?

Sorry

She waits for another text from him. She wants to make sure if only Sehun just woke up or else. A few minutes later Sehun replies.

From : Sehun

What for?

She silently grunts. Sehun doesn’t answer her first question and he even replies her with another question.

To : Sehun

Tell me, am I waking you up or you weren’t sleeping yet?

It takes a longer minute for Sehun to reply. Hani bites her lip in anticipation to his answer. Her phone buzzes once again.

From : Sehun

Why?

Hani grits her teeth. Why does he need to make it hard to answer?

To : Sehun

I’m in front of your door

She doesn’t have anything to say. She doesn’t care if she was waking him up or what, all that she care is that now Sehun is awake and she believes he was in his right mind from the way he texted her.

One, two, three.

The door is opening from the inside, revealing Sehun in his earlier home attire, plain white tee and short. Hani studies his face and he doesn’t look like someone who just woke up. He looks at her sharply, judging her hard.

"What do you need?" he directly asks.

"I’m sorry. Are you sleeping?" Hani answers him. Sehun just blankly stares at her and sighs, "Are you sorry because you were interupting my sleep?" he an eyebrow.

"Huh?" Hani looks at him with the same cluelessness. Then she just remembers her messages before. "Ah, no. I mean, yes, I’m sorry if I was waking you up but that isn’t just it," she responds.

"So?" he briefly questions.

Hani’s eyes wander. "Well. I’m sorry I didn’t reply your text and maybe ignore your call before," she slowly turns her eyes to see Sehun. His sharp glare somehow soften. "And sorry for coming late," she admits.

Sehun gulps down his own lump. What suddenly hits this rockheaded girl? He shrugs, "Oh. That’s okay," he looks at Hani and she looks like she wasn’t done with her speech. "Anything else?" he promptly asks. In all honesty, he is really tired. Waiting for Hani to come home wasn’t helping but instead of angry to her, all that he wants is just sleep. He is even too tired to show his anger. "If you’re done, now please let me sleep," he steps back to close his door but Hani speaks up in a flash.

"Were you waiting for me before?" Hani softly asks him. "Because if you are, I would be sorry again," she continues.

Sehun stares at her and she looks so convincing. "I’m just trying to get sleepy by watching television," he lies. Hani whispers an "Oh" but she doesn’t look satisfy. "Look. I’m really tired, if you want to talk-"

"Sehun, are you mad at me?" Hani cuts him off immediately. She has the feeling that Sehun is trying to restrain something. Even if he tries to tell her he is tired and he probably is, Hani knows he hide something. "Because if you are, I think I can’t just let it go. I’ll spend my night thinking of how guilty I am," she says.

Sehun scans her for the last time. Something really hits her head hard, doesn’t it? He mentally judges. He gapes at her strangely.

"You said you want to talk but why did you suddenly cancel it?" Hani utters, "Please don’t ignore me again. At least, if you mad, just tell or scold me. I don’t want to make it worse for us. We’re starting to fix everything, aren’t we?" she scrunches, "And beside, aren’t you curious at something?" she lower her gaze from him as she bites her lips nervously.

"What? What am I curious at?" Sehun asks back mystifiedly.

"Oh well, you know. That something that you were asking earlier and the same thing I told you yesterday,"<

Please log in to read the full chapter