14th Bite

More Than Just A Pie
Please log in to read the full chapter

This must be where pies go when they die

 

 

"What do you mean by that, Hani?" Sehun scrunches as he doesn’t get it, "You’re not going to give me the baby? Why?"

"Why? Don’t you say, you’re not ready to be a father? You don’t think we’re ready, do you?" Hani folds her arm, "I can’t raise the baby with someone who isn’t ready yet, Sehun"

Sehun shakes his head immediately, "No, Hani-aa. I know I was wrong. I was wrong before, please don’t say like that. How could I be so irressponsible like that, how could I, Hani?" he frowns and he then grabs her hands, "Hani, please, please tell me you didn’t mean it,"

Hani pulls her hand away from him, "No, you’re right, Sehun. Neither one of us ready to be a parents. How could we afford our life on our hand? I don’t want to burden you with the responsibility," she says.

Sehun opens his mouth but he couldn’t talk back to her. Hani seems so determined and yet he doesn’t know what to say, "Hani, please.." he always says. His eyes turn to crescent in the sad way, looking straight to Hani’s eyes. "Please, don’t say. How could I let you take this on your shoulder alone?"

"And why do you want to take it to your shoulder, too, Sehun? Why?" Hani asks, "What makes you think you can take it with you, too?"

"I-i-i...," Sehun’s eyes move here and there, trying to find the right words to say but have not find it yet. "You don’t have any idea, don’t you?" Hani cuts, "See? You have no reason to help me and yet you insist me, how could you, Sehun?" she says.

"I told you, Sehun, back off. This’s not something you can handle," Hani her brow, "You’re not ready, Sehun," she stares at him. Sehun looks back at her and he sees the yearning in her eyes. Sehun shakes his head, "Hani....," he calls her name so quietly and weakly. He frowns even more to her.

He really hopes Hani would never say things like that. He just realizes how he made Hani so upset. He looks at Hani, trying to find the possibility but she has none. Sehun pouts and he feels his heart suddenly crash and turns into crumbles. He feels so hurt that unknowingly his eyes brim in tears. He casts down one’s eyes, trying to hide it from Hani.

"Se-sehun?" Hani sees Sehun bows his head and even though he’s so silent, she could see his body shudders in emotion. "Sehun?" She moves forward, bring herself closer to Sehun. "Sehun, are you crying?" she grabs her arm and leans her head down to peek at him. "Sehun, why are you crying?" she cups his head and brings it up.

Sehun only pouts and the tears already fell down to his cheek. "Oh my, why are you crying, Sehun?" Hani starts to panic, "I-i-i’m...I’m just kidding, Sehun," she says. Hani gently hold his face and she firmly says, "I’m just kidding, Sehun," she straightly stares at him, "I’m not pregnant, Sehun. I am really not,” she says.

Sehun gapes and his eyes twitch in disbelief, he only stares back at Hani, "Y-you .. you’re not..," "I’m not, Sehun," Hani immediately nods and say, "I’m sorry but I’m just kidding,"

"Really?" Sehun hesitantly asks and Hani nods. They exchange glances and just like that, Hani burst into laughter. Sehun sighs in relief and can’t help but smiles foolishly to himself, "S-so, why do I even...aah, Hanii.....," he quietly grunts. Hani giggles and with her thumb wipes the tear in his cheek, "Sehun-ee is a dumb-dumb," she jokes and even though feeling so fooled because of her, Sehun chuckles back at her. "I hate you, Go Hani," he utters, only to being laughed by Hani.

"How could you even do it to me? I almost get a heartattack," he pouts. Hani giggles again,"Ahh..really sorry to you, Sehun," she pats his back, "I’m sorry, I don’t think you’ll cry,"

"What do you think I will do?" Sehun asks. "Hmmm...," Hani hums, "I don’t know, actually I really have no idea what will you do then," Hani shakes her head. Sehun snorts at her, "Please don’t do it again, Hani. You don’t know how weak my heart is,"

"Aww..," Hani struck in awe again, "But now I know how good it is," she widely grins at him. Sehun pinches her nose, "You’ll see, Hani. I’ll take a revenge," he says. "I miss you, Hani," he hug her and squeezes her body tighter until Hani lost her breath, "Aahh..Sehun," she yelps and pushes him until Sehun loosen his hug. "I miss you, Hani. I really do," he says while directly staring at her. Hani unconciously smiles ear to ear when she heard that.

"I’m sorry, Hani," he takes her face in one hand, "I’m sorry I let you down," he gently says and feels her heart is becoming weak, Hani promptly nods at him. "I know, Sehun. I know you didn’t mean it," she smiles. "But wait," Sehun pushes her suddenly, "What’s happening just now?"

"Oh, I’m having a period cramp, hehe," Hani sheepishly smiles at him. Sehun shots his eye wide open, "P-period? You have period cramp just now?" Sehun shakes his head, "It’s freaking crazy, Hani,"

"Period could be that freaking crazy, Sehun," Hani says, "It’s really a war. Crimsor war," she chuckles and Sehun follows after, "Yeah, crimson war. I just have no idea you’ll suffer like that every month,"

"I’m strong, aren’t I?" Hani says, she lifts her arm to show her tiny muscles. Sehun chuckles and caresses her cheek, "Yes, yes, you’re so strong, Hani. Strong body and strong heart," he says. Sehun fixes his eyes on her and Hani stares at him back.

"I am so missing you," he says. Hani could see he traces his eyes from her eyes down to her lips. "Missing me only?" Hani smirks. Sehun stares at her eyes again, "Are you teasing me, Hani? I don’t like how you smirk at me," he pinches her lower lips and Hani moans in pain.

"Aw," she pouts, "So how do you like, Sehun?" she asks. This time, Sehun smirks at her, "Hmm.. well," with his thumb, he rubs her lips apart, "I like it smirk in me," Sehun pushes his lips, gently brushes it to her lips. "Muaah..," he retrieves, "I miss you, Hani," And just like Sehun says, Hani smirks in his kiss.

_

 

So Hani is not pregnant and Sehun finds out she only has period cramp before. Sehun just has no idea that the crimson war would be that freaking crazy for some girls. Well, he never see his mother like that before or he just never notice it.

The thing that he could not understand yet is the promisciouse feelings inside him. Just before when Hani told him she probably is pregnant, he is very shocked and he could feel he nearly shocking dead by the news. He feels so angry to Hani and more over to himself, he feels so disappointed. He never thought they could be so careless and yet he have no idea of how to take the responsibilities. It’s not like he could turn to be a father in just one night and he felt that Hani wants him to do so. He’s so desperatedly upset to himself.

But then again, after he finally realized and had the thought to himself, after all the decision he made, after he finally assured himself that he should and could take the responsibilities, Hani just told her that she is not even close the fact, in the contrary, she’s having period which is so clear to states she really isn’t going to have his baby. And even though he feels so relieve to that, he couldn’t lie that his heart feels uneasy towards this.

It’s not easy for him to understand the things that just happen before him and yet when he starts to understanding it, it just suddenly disappear and he feels lost to the moment. He feels the situation is betrayed him and somehow upsets to that. Well, it’s not that Sehun wants to reverse the situation but he just wonder why, why does the reality runs otherwise?

Sehun feels tired to it.

"Sehun, you’re lost in your thought, again," Hani says. As the final exam to decides their future is within a month, Hani as usual, volunteers herself to help Sehun, more like supervises him for not escaping from the study. "What makes your face is full of wrinkles, Sehun? Are you having some troubles?" Hani asks. She looks at him trough her glasses. Sehun blankly stares at her.

"No," Sehun sighs, "I was just thinking about this problem," he randomly points at one question in the book and Hani furrows her brow, "What’s that? Do you want me to help you?" she asks as she leans closer to his side.

"Huh?" Sehun agapes, "Ah, no. It’s okay," Sehun pulls himself away from her. "I’ll just try to find the solution myself," He says. He quickly pulls his book and pretends to read the question again. He gives her last smile to assure Hani that he can do it all by himself.

Hani purses her lips and nods at him, she turns back to her book. She doesn’t know why but something is different with Sehun. She could feel it but she can’t tell what.

"I’ll take the water, what do you want, Sehun?" she asks again. Sehun only shakes his head in return. Hani gets up from her seat and goes to the kitchen. They were studying for already like three hours since Sehun came home before. Hani arrived first and Sehun came after his business in school is finished.

Sehun doesn’t have any soccer practice anymore. Their last match as senior was ended last week with not so good result as they were lost to the opponent. It actually should make Sehun went home earlier then, but he did not. He came late and he didn’t tell her the exact reason of why is he getting late.

Hani takes the glass from the counter and pours herself some cold water to drink. Just like Sehun who Hani probably does not know yet, Hani’s mind is also full of mixture feelings that she couldn’t figure it out yet.

Hani never ever feeling so refresh before, especially after having period cramps for like six days. In fact, she feels the burdensome in her is just suddenly gone especially after having such a terrible weeks of having a feeling that she probably is pregnant and having some arguements with Sehun. She feels so tired before but immediately relieves when she could end all the problem when Sehun came to her house a few days ago. She told him everything; the symptoms she has, the perplexity in her thougt, even the exaggerate moments she did with Suho. Sehun was calm that time but since then, she could feel something’s different with him.

And the other thing that goes noticeable in her eyes is the change of Sehun’s behaviour. For like having the clear-slash-unclear relationship with Sehun, Hani almost knows every inches of Sehun and she’s quite sure, he probably is change now.

Sehun is quiet, calm, and full of mystery the first she

Please log in to read the full chapter