23th Bite

More Than Just A Pie
Please log in to read the full chapter

There, you have your pie again

 

 

"What?" Sehun clicks his tongue and supresses a laugh, "What did you say?"

Sehun pulls himself a little bit distant from Hani. Her confession makes him flustered but to thinking straightly straight before he actually drown to it, he just frowns. The pupil of his eyes move to the corner as he clenches his jaw. He looks at Hani and she looks even more flustered than him. Is she shocked by herself or what? Sehun never has the idea of what’s going on her mind. Hani silently gulps but it almost hurts herself since is actually dry.

"What do you mean by saying, I like you?" he mutters lowly. He could see Hani widens her eyes and she tries so hard to breath evenly. Her eyes could only wandering around the room and have she replies his question yet. Sehun an eyebrow and pouts at her. "What is this, Hani? What are you trying to say?" he asks.

Hani is just standing there, completely frozen and muted. Sehun silently frowns and his broad shoulder falls weakly, helplessly to her. "You don’t know what are you saying," he simpers, "So don’t you say, Hani,"

Hani frowns immediately to him. What’s going on Sehun’s mind? So he thought that she just saying things casually out of her consideration? She scrunches, "I... know what I’m saying. Pretty much," she states, break the awkwardness being them. Sehun‘s face contorts in confusion immediately. He was judging Hani for being thoughtless again and she tries everything to prove him wrong. She’s not that careless for once.

His mind is in the middle of ‘should he believe her or not?’ and though his mouth never been that sweet anymore for this few months, there’s more room left in his heart, the feelings for her. Didn’t Hani just confess to him? Or was it just some random thought of her? He never understands this girl and just like before, he was too afraid to know the truth. Because if he’s willing to give it all to her, there’s no guarantee she will do the same.

"Hani," he calls out. The girl was digging her head down to her chest but once Sehun calls her name, she instantly lifts her head up and with the look that Sehun couldn’t ever find the meaning of it, her eyes shift to see him. Her eyes twitches as soon as they fall to his eyes.  He starts to step forward. Hani realizes he is aiming to get closer to her direction and she just holds her breath to see him before her.

She could smells his scent very clear with this small gap and her heart just beating so fast unconsciously. She just did confess to him, if Sehun doesn’t even understand it. It’s only beneficial enough for her that she is not blushing hard like she thought. Sehun doesn’t realize it yet and he was really calm after the confession so she thought she could be play her ‘poker face’ too. But with him getting closer to her like this, she is scared that he could even her fast-beating heart.

"S-stop!" Hani half yells at him and with her palms, she stops Sehun in his chest. Sehun halt. "What do you want to know?" she asks him before he could get any closer than he was. Sehun scrunches his face and he raises an eyebrow, "What do I want to know?" he asks himself, pretending to not know what he exactly wants to know.

He then moves a little bit closer that when Hani tries to move, he quickly cages her arms with his hands to stay in her position. Hani gasps and a scream in horror almost slips out from . His eyes are piercing deep to hers as if they tries to find something in her eyes. She frowns but never she pushes him back. God, this Sehun is so close to me right now, she mentally cries.

"Do you really like me?" he asks and Hani’s eyes bulges out of sudden. Never in her mind, she ever imagine Sehun would directly asks her like that.

Then it happens an awkward silence between them. Hani could only hear her heart beat as she swallows her own lump. It is too loud but even she doesn’t care anymore if Sehun ever hear it too. It’s so hard for her to control it anymore. His hands are squizing her arms and his eyes are sharply piercing her soul again. It’s very hard to describe how intense his action but it’s not like Hani going to push him away because of it. This is the closest they get by far after such a never-ending fight they had before.

Hani finally breaks the silence with a surpessed chuckle, "W-what?" she freaks out, "I-i..," Hani quickly averts her eyes to any other places but his eyes. Hani makes a grimace in her face. She feels so stupefied by herself for letting the words slip out from . Now, she even can’t explain things after that. Sehun his eyebrow and his face is anticipating her answer.

Sehun sighs at her as she just leave him hanging. "What, Hani? I-i..what?" he mimicks her immediately, "You like me or not?" he asks again.

He is rushing to ask her again and though it was pushed by his curiosity, deep inside, Sehun sincerely, desperately wants to know. He almost gave up in the first place because she was breaking his heart that much before but if she really tries, he is sure that she would never fail to fix it. If Sehun could tell now, she just need to say it if she wants them together. He would instantly falls for her again. She doesn’t need to beg for his apology anymore. But Hani is just standing there, dumb-foundedly.

She looks at Sehun once again before she clicks her tongue in annoyance and she shut her eyes off, "Ugh.. I don’t know, Sehun. Just forget what I’m saying,"

Sehun drops his broad shoulder weakly. He internally curses of how hard it is for her to tell what’s on her mind. How he wish he could just read her mind just by seeing her eyes.

If she likes you, she definitely wouldn’t dare to look at you in your eyes. She’ll averts her eyes or something just to ease the intense from your stare. They’ll probably blinks or just wander their eyes around

The thought of Byun’s legendary advice snaps in the back of Sehun’s mind. Memory plays on his mind like a movie. It was one calm afternoon when he was studying with Hani and they did their first staring game. Even until now, he isn’t sure if he did his best that time. Considered it as an epic fail when he tried to strongly stare at her but unconsciously he just blinked and broke it eventually. He couldn’t help but failing to see her in her eyes that time.

"Hani," he calls her

Please log in to read the full chapter