5th Bite

More Than Just A Pie
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hope your apple pie is worth to try

 

Hani lastly checks herself out on the big mirror in her living room. She swipes the dust away from her sleeveless baby blue dress. The edge of the skirt stops right at the top of her knees. She tidies up her hair in one simple ponytail.

“Oh, don’t worry, you look good, Honey,” her mother walks across the living room. Her father follows her from behind. Looking through the mirror, Hani realizes her father bring one big thing more likely a rounded ceramic tray.

“Let’s go, we don’t want to be late,” Her father informs, he passes the two lady in the house to the front door.

“What is that?” Hani turns around and begin to walks beside her mother. She points her finger to the thing her father brings within him. “Oh, it’s a simple treat for the guest later,” her mother answers.

“Apple pie,” her mother adds. Hani cringes suddenly at the word, “Apple pie?” she assures and her mother nods abruptly. “I heard Sehun likes pie,” she says.

Ugh, Hani feels a little bump inside her belly. Yeah, sure, he likes pie and may be a little too much. She internally cries.

-

 

“Welcome home, sweety,” two kisses landed on both Hani’s cheeks by the woman who soon will be her mother-in-law, Sehun’s mother. Hani shyly nods at her and smiles.

Hani just arrives at the backyard of Oh’s resident. There are some groups of people which some of them also familiar for Hani. They are also her acquantainces; Park family, both parents with Chanyeol and his sister; Byun family, both parents and Baekhyun; and lastly, Kim family, Jongin with one of his sisters and mother only. The other people is not for Hani to know and she doesn’t really want to know.

Sehun’s family holds a private casual dining on their backyard. This dining held to celebrate the arrival of their first child after six years leaving the country for pursuing his dream. Yes, it’s the arrival party for Sehun’s older brother who seven years older than them, Oh Yunho.

Hani doesn’t really remember that brother. Hani met him three or maybe four times at their family annual dinner time. The last time she saw him is when she only 9 years old and the next following years after that, Yunho never showed up to the annual dinner anymore. And it’s for the reason which Hani doesn’t even want to care why.

Hani greets the other guests as she walks to one of the table. She meets both of Jongin and Chanyeol’s sisters as they the only girls she knew around there. They welcomes Hani very well and even teases her for her marriage issue with Sehun. Hani politely responds to them despite of the cheesy feeling they gave to her as well.

Hani pours water from the bottle to an empty glass on the table. She feels thirsty after a little conversation. She suddenly flinches when she feels a face appears over her left shoulder.

“Hey,” the owner of the face greets her. Hani almost chokes, but she immediately gulps down the water. She blushes a little when she found out the person who greet her a little too close like this. She even feels his breath upon her shoulder. She pulls herself aside and turns to face him.

“Heyya there,” she greets back. The boy grins widely to her. “Shouldn’t you meet and greet your husband first once you arrived earlier?” he asks. Hani just shrugs to answer him. “Yes, you should, Ms soon-to-be Oh Hani,” he calls Hani with a nickname that send Hani a goosebumps in a flash. “Oh, I’m sorry then,” keeping her feeling inside, Hani manages to answers back.

Sehun chuckles at her, “Well you already say, I shall forgive you,” he gently smiles. “Anyway, you look good with that color,” nonchalantly, Sehun compliments her. He stares at her from her head to toe, sending Hani another goosebump from his stare. Hani moves her body, feeling uneasy. “Uhm, thanks?” Hani says, uncertain of what she suppose to stay. Sehun notices her awkward behavior and only laughs silently at her. Not everytime he could see Hani being all shy and awkward.

“Well you-“ Sehun just starts his conversation when a person suddenly interrupts in between them. “Well, well, well, look who we have here? Go Hani?” he looks at Hani surprisingly. He opens his eyes wide and starts to scrutinize Hani. Hani turns to him in confusion. Standing before them, a man with similar features with Sehun appears. He is probably one or two inches shorter than Sehun but his body isn’t as skinny as Sehun. He is not fat, he is slim as well, but his body is more toned than Sehun. His muscular body is noticeable even under a formal attire that he wore today.

“Yes, and you.. .,” Hani turns to Sehun first before she continues, “Oh Yunho? Sehun’s brother?” she asks carefully. The man grins widely and it is unmistakable that both of them shares the same gene, their smile is really look alike. “Oh, my mistakes,” he strecthes his hand out, “Sehun’s older brother, Oh Yunho,” he says, willingly Hani wants to shake hand with him. Being polite, Hani shakes his hand and bows at the same time. They also exchanges glance to each other,only for a while until Sehun clears his throath to make them aware that he’s also there.

Hani pulls her hands and only smiles to both of them. “If you’re done now, I need to talk to Hani first, so let-“ once again, Sehun doesn’t finish his sentence yet but his brother cuts him off already. “Well, Hani, it’s nice to meet you. I don’t know that such a little girl like you could turn into a beautiful lady now. You’ve grown up so much,” he whistles at his own compliment, “If I know you would be this beautiful and stuff, I should think twice on turning down the marriage plan before,” he adds. Hani surprises to his words but she takes a glance at Sehun right away and she could see he is so pissed off by his own brother.

“Nonsense, what are you talking about?” Sehun places an arm on his waist. His brother chuckles at him, “I’m the one who supposed to marry her, Sehun. If it’s not because I’m despising the arrangement, you won’t end up marrying her,” he explains. Sehun rolls his eyes, “Oh, yeah? So now I need to thank you?” he retorts and his brother scoffs. “Well, I should be sorry, Hyung. It’s your loss, not mine,” Sehun mutte

Please log in to read the full chapter