18th Bite

More Than Just A Pie
Please log in to read the full chapter

There will always be a surprise in every pie

 

"You should just tell your parent that we’re not going to marry at all, what’s so difficult about that?" Sehun abruptly says as he walks out the door. He holds Hani’s hand within him. They leave the hall and go to the nearest balcony. Hani pulls her hand from Sehun’s, staring at him in full of irk.

"So you told our parents to postpone the marriage? Not cancelling it at all?" He says again, following Hani’s to the balcony railing. Hani grits her teeth, "Tell them yourself, can you, Sehun?" Hani retorts. Sehun scrunches and groans out of frustration, "Ugh.. you’re the one who dealing with this first, why did you bring me to this deal?" he says. Hani only rolls her eyes, "I told you, once you’ve assigned to this plan, there’s no coming back. You’ve been chosen," Hani folds her arms.

"Oh my God, Go Hani. What did I owe you from this?" he says, "Why are you being so stubborn about this marriage? What makes you think it will work after all?" he irritatedly asks her. Hani frowns and wanders her eyes around. "I don’t know," Hani says, "It doesn’t like I can easily say to my parent or your parent to cancel it, Sehun. We need something to make them involuntarily agree to the idea," she explains, "And that’s what I don’t know yet,"

"We’re not going to hold the marriage soon, we still have some time and in those time, we can think about any idea to cancelling it. But for now, we should agree to the engagement first,"

Hani wiggles her brows, "Understand?" she unfolds her arms, "If you really want to make it fail, you should help to find the way.. or else, stick to the plan, Sehun," she says. She is ready to leave Sehun alone there. She only takes a few steps but once again, Sehun pulls her wrist, forcefully makes her turn around.

"What?" Hani asks.

"Look at me," he says. He fixes his eyes on her and insists her to do the same, "Are you sure it’s not only your plan to continue it? Are you sure it wasn’t you that don’t want to let me go?"

Hani scrunches right away and in full of disgust, she frowns at him, "What? Do you think I purposely did this?" she rolls her eyes, "I’m sorry, Mister, but you’re not the only man in the world and if I want, I can have another you in any minutes," she says, "Don’t be so full of yourself," she states. Sehun is taken aback by her words and scoffs immediately, "Of course, you are, Go Hani. You can have any man you meet because you know how to take them under your palm, you think," Sehun clicks his tongue, "If I know that you purposely did this and you’re the one who make me has to stick to the plan. I won’t forgive you," he points out at her nose with a sharp glare, dart her a death glare, "Understand?" he only says and Hani nonchalantly nods at him, "Watch over me, Sehun and tell yourself,"

Sehun hisses at her and promptly slaps her hands from him. "I’ll do. I’ll be watching over you," he says and next thing, he leaves Hani alone in the balcony. Hani silently watches him go before her. She is pouting as she carefully watches him, but the soon he disappears from her view, her lips curves upward and a smirk appears on her face.

_

 

Exactly one day after the school graduation, Sehun’s mother has planned a lunch with two youngsters. Sehun has no choice but to join and pick Hani up from her house to the place his mother reserved them to. Both of them have no idea of what’s the point of having alunch together with Sehun’s mother. Usually their parents will choose the night time for having a meal together and make some talk about the wedding plan, but that day might be the exception. There must be really important thing for Sehun’s mother called them on the lunch time.

Sehun and Hani have no interest to share a lovey-dovey look on their facade. They choose to keep silent to each other and only respond when the elder asks them something.

"You guys are sure very quite today, I bet the university preparation might be a little hectic for you too," Sehun’s mother frowns, "Even if it’s unfortunate but I think to postpone the wedding until you both have much time and more ready than now, it’s the best idea after all," she says. Hani purses her lips into a smile and nods at her while Sehun uniterestedly looks only at his meal, his fork is piercing the meat on his plate. He looks so mind to even pretending eat it wholeheartedly. Hani secretly looks at him and rolls her eyes. She warned him to behave his best before, but he seems like didn’t listen to her well.

"So that, we couldn’t held the wedding receiption in anytime soon," Sehun’s mother talks again, making Hani returns her focus on her once again. "But since the engagement has officially announced, we should have a celebration," she says. A big smile appears on her face. Her eyes become a crescent and all of her white teeth shown. "Firstly, congratulation for both graduate. You finally are no longer high schooler," she says, "And secondly, congratulations for your official engagement status today," she says.

Sehun drops his fork eventually and the stainless loudly knock the porcelaine plate. Hani and his mother turns to him in surprised. Sehun only frowns to his lap, creating the bore-faced more on his face. Hani quietly sighs but to distract his mother attention, she hurriedly responds her. "Yes, mother-nim. Thanks for your felicitation. We finally finished our high school diploma and we really look forward for the college life,"

Please log in to read the full chapter