042. Temporarily

Polyrhythm [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter
42. Temporarily


 

Jungkook hasn’t said a word about what happened. He talked a little now and then, about what he wanted for dinner or how pretty the idols on TV are, but it was rare.

 

Today, he went out on his own to buy some more coconut ice cream, because he literally can’t live without it. Jimin and Taehyung are alone in the apartment, eating carrots and watching M Countdown.

 

“Tae…” he begins, swallowing what’s in his mouth. “He can’t live here.”

 

Taehyung freezes. He sighs, turning off the TV. “I know.”

 

They sit in silence for a while, both chewing on their lips, waiting for the other to come up with something. A part of Jimin feels guilty that he doesn't want Jungkook to live here, but it’s for his own good. If he wants to stay away from his parents, living in the same apartment complex might not be such a good idea.

 

“Where else will he go?” Taehyung whispers. It’s almost inaudible, but Jimin hears it.

 

A lump builds in his throat. “I don’t know.”

 

The tension lies thick in the air, and Jimin finds it difficult to speak. He thinks of Jungkook’s smile, the one he hasn’t seen since like last Friday. And he thinks of himself, and what he went through. Heck, that was years ago and he still hasn’t recovered.

 

The two jump when the door opens.

 

“Hi,” comes quietly from the hallway, and Taehyung stands up to meet his boyfriend. Jimin disappears into the bedroom as they put the food Jungkook bought in the fridge.

 

The younger boy has his gaze glued

Please log in to read the full chapter