039. Movie Night

Polyrhythm [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter
039. Movie Night

 

“Could you please turn it down!” Jimin groans, throwing a pillow in Taehyung’s direction. It probably didn’t hit him, he’s jumping around like a maniac.

 

“No Chimmie! This is important!”

 

Him and Jungkook continue squealing in front of the TV. Jimin manages to get a glance of the screen. It’s that damned girl group again. Sighing, Jimin closes the book he was attempting to read and begins walking to his room. If it’s Oh My Girl, those two won’t ever shut up.

 

He slams the door shut, throwing himself on top of the messy bed that he and Taehyung hadn’t bothered making this morning. Jungkook had arrived around four a.m., joining them under the sheets. Taehyung had just continued sleeping, but Jimin woke up. He decided that Jungkook must have a reason for coming here so early, and he didn’t bother asking what was wrong. Maybe he’d tell Taehyung later. They went to the Pink Coffee shop for brunch, hanged around an empty park for a while before joining Jimin to dance practice. Then, they made ramen and collapsed onto the sofa. Jimin tried to read. A book Hoseok had suggested. But, nooooooo. That is too much to ask for apparently.   

 

Actually, Jimin doesn’t mind. Jungkook is smiling. He’s been doing less of that recently. And that makes him sad. Even if he doesn't particularly like him.

 

He decides to listen to music to block out the muffled noise that can be heard from the living room. He plugs in his headphones, presses play on his favorite Daoko playlist, and relaxes into the pillow. Nostalgia hits him, memories from that time on the bus, which was ages ago now, comes back. He hasn’t listened to music like this for ages. He misses it, he realizes.

 

Jimin’s eyes slide shut, getting lost in the familiar beats and melodies.

 

He’s in a trance-like state, where he’s not really asleep but not really awake. He can’t tell how much time has passed, when or if a song has changed, of there even is an outside world. It’s just him, the chiming piano, the singer’s calm voice, the Japanese lyrics he still can’t understand but know so well. He’s always felt like he knows what she’s saying, even if he can’t comprehend it.

 

He likes this.

 

He loves this.

 

I want to stay like this forever…



 

-----

 

Jimin doesn’t hear the doorbell.

 

He doesn’t hear Jungkook and Taehyung’s confused whispers wondering what the hell the grumpy Mr Min wanted with their Jim Jam.

 

He doesn’t hear someone open the door.

 

He doesn’t hear the yelling, telling him to wake up.

 

But he feels when someone jumps on top of him, attacking his stomach with tickles.

 

“YAAAAAH!” he explodes, wrestling Taehyun off himself and onto the floor. He rubs his tired eyes.

 

“WHAT? YOU WOULDN’T WAKE UP!”

 

“I WASN’T EVEN SLEEPING YOU IDIOT!”

 

“STOP SCREAMING!”

 

“YOU STOP SCREAMING!”

 

“YAH! Guys, shut the up.” That was Jungkook.

 

The two bickering boys snap their attention to the doorway, where Jungkook is standing, looking rather unimpressed.

 

Behind him is a slightly terrified Yoongi.

 

Taehyung snorts, getting off the floor and leading Jungkook back to the living room.

 

Jimin frowns, running a hand through his now messy hair.

 

Yoongi clears his throat.

 

“Hyung?” the younger exclaims. “What are you doing here?” He sits up, placing his hands on top of his thighs.

 

“I, um, don’t have work tonight.”

 

Jimin giggles.

 

“It seems like you never have work these days.”

 

Yoongi smiles.

 

Jimin smiles.

 

He crawls of the bed.

 

“Do you wanna stay here then?” He tugs at Yoongi’s black tee, resting a forehead against his shoulder.

 

“Okay,” Yoongi says.

 

Heat explodes in Jimin’s chest, hearing his voice. It sounded almost like a purr. Jimin likes cats.

 

“We can invite Hoseok too! Have a movie night!” he squeals, disappearing out to the living room.

 

Yoongi stiffens.

 

Okay.



 

-----



 

“As long as it’s not a horror movie,” Hoseok tells Taehyung, putting the popcorn into the microwave.

 

“I agree, hyung,” Jimin grins as he pours the soda.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter