038. The Question

Polyrhythm [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter
038. The Question



 

Jimin stares at his plate, clenching his jaw. Next to him sits Jungkook, eating happily at the salad the older had prepared him.

 

His vision blurs around the edges, signalling in on the food innocently placed in his lap. The sound of the TV fades due to the constant ringing in his ears.

 

Inhale.

 

Exhale.

 

It’s just a salad, nothing high in calories.

 

Jimin bites his lip, reaching for his fork. He hovers the utensil over his plate.

 

Take a bite.

 

Now.

 

He bites his lip again.

 

“Jungkook,” he begins, placing the fork back onto the sofa table. “I don’t think Tae will be back in a while.” He struggles keeping his voice steady. “Maybe you should leave.”

 

“What, you don’t want me here?” Jungkook laughs, continuing to devour his meal.

 

“I’m not really feeling well…”

 

Jimin puts his untouched plate on the table next to his fork, shifting his position on the couch so that he’s facing the younger.

 

“But hyuuuuuuuung, Tae isn’t here, and I’m boooored.”

 

Jimin sighs. “Don’t you have other friends?”

 

“No,” Jungkook pouts.

 

“Poor you,” Jimin snorts, standing up to take out the dishes to the kitchen.

 

“Ouch, that hurt.”

 

Jungkook stands up hurriedly, following the other past the TV that’s still on.

 

“Can we do something hyung?” he asks sweetly, tapping Jimin’s shoulder to get his attention.

 

“Can’t you see I’m busy cleaning up?” Jimin spits, placing the rinsed plates in the dishwasher.

 

“But when you’re done?”

 

“You could help me and it would go a lot faster.”

 

Jungkook groans. “Where is Taehyung anyways?”

 

“I have no idea,” Jimin admits.

 

“Was he always like this?” Jungkook’s asks carefully.

 

“You bet,” Jimin smiles.

Please log in to read the full chapter