036. The Glitter

Polyrhythm [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter
036. The Glitter


 

“Hoseok called,” Taehyung informs as Jimin comes out of the bathroom.

 

“What did he want?” Jimin ruffles his wet hair with the towel he’s holding.

 

“Him and some other guys from your dance thing are going out for lunch, wondered if you wanted to come along.” Taehyung stretches out his arms above his head, still not really awake, despite it being way past midday.

 

“You coming along too?”

 

“Nah, I’m going to Jungkook’s place later.”

 

“Okay…” Jimin lingers in the living room for a while, before making his way into the bedroom to get dressed. He’s been meaning to ask Taehyung something for a while, but can never seem to muster up enough confidence. The boy is either making out with Jungkook or dancing to some girl group song, and when he’s not doing anything Jimin can’t find it in him to ask something that will definitely ruin the mood.

 

Jimin sighs before opening his closet. He’ll just wear something simple. A pair of black jeans and a grey tee. It seems to be warm outside, so he’ll skip a jacket.

 

He decides to give Hoseok a call before leaving. After all, he doesn’t know where they’re meeting up yet.

 

“Just at the diner next to that grocery store you like,” his hyung explains.

 

“Okay, but I have work today, so I might not be able to stay for too long.”

 

Taehyung is lying on the sofa, asleep.

 

“Yeah bye Hoseok-hyung,” Jimin says absentmindedly into his phone as he walks up to his snoring friend.

 

“Yah! Wake up!”

 

Taehyung doesn’t wake up. Jimin shakes his head.

 

“Suit yourself,” he mutters before grabbing his wallet.    


 

-----


 

Jimin walks rather slowly, basking in the warm sunlight. He pulls a hand through his hair, an old habit he remembers always having. He hums a melody. He can't pinpoint exactly where the melody he's humming comes from, but it seems so familiar. It rolls of his tongue so easily, as effortless as a breath.

 

The streets are empty, aside from the odd car passing by every now and then. At a lamppost, the sun has been caught in such a way that it sends light scattering down on to the pavement, leaving a pattern in all sorts of colours. It looks pretty, like glitter on the asphalt.

 

He doesn't realize he's stopped walking until he hears a familiar voice shout his name. He snaps out of his trance and looks up, meeting Hoseok’s gaze.

 

“I was just about to call you,” he chuckles, throwing an arm around the younger. “Come on, the others are waiting.”

 

Jimin's eyes stay glued at the pattern on the ground, before pulling away his attention from the meaningless display to his hyung.

 

“The weather is nice today, isn't it Jiminie?” Hoseok asks, smile playing at the corner of his mouth.

 

“Yeah,” Jimin agrees. He nuzzles his face into the older’s shoulder. “I'm tired.”

 

Hoseok giggles at his cuteness and ruffles his hair.


 

-----


 

In the diner, by a large table right by the window, Jimin spots four familiar faces. Kogyeol, Wei, Hwanhee and Wooshin are looking over the menu, intentionally misp

Please log in to read the full chapter