029. The Dinner

Polyrhythm [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter
29. The Dinner


 

The doorbell rings at 8:55 p.m. Yoongi’s eyebrows scrunch together in confusion.

 

He sighs. He’s not dressed for human interaction. An old Nirvana shirt and a pair of extremely outworn jeans that have so many holes he might just as well go pantless. He’s sure his hair is gross too, but he honestly can’t be bothered.

 

Today is his night off. He was going to sleep. But for some reason he couldn’t. He felt like… Like he’d missed something. And he had. It’s Mother’s day today. He called his mom. But even after that he just knew that he’d forgot something.

 

He puts his box of pocky sticks on his sofa table and gets up from the couch.

 

He opens the door. Outside is Jimin. Oh.

 

Jimin’s wearing a casual hoodie and a pair of black skinny jeans. His hair is… Yoongi doesn’t know if it’s styled or not. But it’s beautiful. And so is he. Jimin’s eyes are wide and his mouth is half open, he looks almost scared.

 

Yoongi clears his throat. “I didn’t think you would show up.”

 

The younger doesn’t move. His expression stays exactly the same for a few seconds, and then, as if it took him a while to process Yoongi’s words, he blinks. And swallows. His eyes dart nervously around him, looking everywhere but at Yoongi. “Was I not supposed to?”

 

“Oh! No, it’s not like that. I just didn’t… Never mind. You can come in.”

 

Jimin’s cheeks turn pink. And so would Yoongi’s if he wasn’t so good at hiding his emotions.

 

-----

 

They order fried chicken. When they try to decide on a movie to watch they talk forever about good sci-fi movies and scary WW2 inspired ones, before just admitting they would rather just watch a drama. They settle on ‘My Love from Another Star’, because Jimin is a pathetic Jun Ji Hyun fanboy and Yoongi can’t help but giving in to his cuteness.

 

Things are awkward at first.

 

They watch the episodes in almost perfect silence, the only communication being about Jimin not eating enough. But when Yoongi gets out the beer and the atmosphere naturally becomes chill, both the boys are no longer afraid of speaking their mind when Chen Song Yi makes a particularly stupid decision.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter