035. The Mall (Hyung, what are we?)

Polyrhythm [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter

035. The Mall (Hyung, what are we?)


 

“You were here the entire time?” Jimin sighs as he walks into the bedroom. On the bed, Taehyung and Jungkook are lying tangled together eating chocolate.

 

“Have you been looking for me?” Taehyung asks innocently, planting a kiss on Jungkook's temple.

 

“Yes…” Jimin mutters. He walks over to the closet, pulling out a blue ripped sweater. He holds it up in front of him, inspecting it. Then he nods and pulls it over his white tee.

 

“Are you going somewhere?” Jungkook questions, giving the older a suspicious look.

 

“Yup. That's why I was looking for you.” Jimin turns around to look at the two grown men on the bed eating bunny-shaped chocolate pieces. “I'll be back around dinner. I think.”

 

He starts walking towards the door, but Taehyung runs up and grabs his wrist. “Y- Yah! Where are you going.”

 

“Nowhere special…” Jimin explains carefully, squinting his eyes at his friend's strange action.

 

“What if you die!” Taehyung exclaims loudly, throwing his arms around Jimin in a tight embrace.

 

“I'll be fine,” Jimin assures, patting Taehyung’s shoulder before separating from the other with a bit of struggle.

 

-----


 

Jimin presses the button for Yoongi’s floor, butterflies with razor-wings in his stomach.

 

The elevator moves slowly, way too slow for Jimin's liking. But eventually it reaches floor four, it feels like it's only been two seconds and he's definitely not ready to see Yoongi and he'd rather stay here oh my God the doors are opening… And Yoongi is there?

 

Yoongi is there. And as soon as he can, he enters the lift and presses the button for the bottom floor. Jimin just watches, dumbfounded.

 

“W- What are you doing?” he finally manages to ask.

 

“We're going out today. And I'm making sure you don't get a chance to convince me to stay inside.”

 

The elevator doors open a second time and Yoongi grabs Jimin's wrist and leads him outside. The weather is nice: not too sunny, but still warm.

 

Yoongi walks casually, dragging a blushing Jimin behind him. The few people out on the street barely acknowledge them, but Jimin’s eyes are telling him a very different story. They are staring, frowning in disgust, kicking him out of his own home.

 

“H- Hyung… Can we please go back?” Jimin’s voice comes out shaky and timid.

 

“Nope,” Yoongi dismisses, continuing to walk forward with his signature blank expression.

 

Jimin pouts, eyes darting around nervously. “Well, will you at least tell me where we’re going?”

 

“To the subway station.”

 

“Okay, but… Where are we going, like, after that.”

 

“To the mall.”

 

“Which mall?”

 

“Any mall.”

 

“And what are we doing at the mall?”

 

<
Please log in to read the full chapter