037. The Birthday

Polyrhythm [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter
037. The Birthday



 

“I think something’s up with Seokjin,” Jimin says as he enters the apartment.

 

“Why?” Taehyung asks, voice slightly muffled because of the lollipop in his mouth.

 

“He’s been acting off for weeks…” Jimin says, eyebrows scrunching together as he notices the festive mess behind his friend. “What the have you done to my apartment?” he demands, intending to sound scary but only making Taehyung smile in admiration.

 

“It’s Jungkookie’s birthday today,” he answers proudly, turning around to appreciate his masterpiece. A banner with HAPPY BIRTHDAY is hanging above the TV, he has spread out confetti and balloons all over the livingroom. The sofa table is covered in large bowls of crisps, candy and rice crackers, bottles of soda, liquor and beer, and plates of bim bim bap.

 

Jimin runs a hand through his hand.

 

“How many people did you invite,” he says, voice slightly wavering upon remembering the crazy parties Taehyung used to throw in collage.

 

“One. Jungkook.”

 

Jimin gives him a what-the- look, before laughing nervously.

 

“Good joke. Now how many?” He’s not in the mood for this.

 

“No I’m serious,” Taehyung assures, taking the lollipop out of his mouth to show just how serious he is.     

 

“Not even Hoseok?”

 

“Nope. Jungkook doesn’t like parties.”

 

“You must be kidding right?” Jimin glares. He won’t for a second believe that attention- Jungkook didn’t like parties.

 

“Well not birthday parties anyways, he told me so,” Taehyung argues, his candy.

 

“Then why all this?” Jimin frowns, gesturing towards the mess in the livingroom.

 

“I’m still throwing him a party. But a small one. Just us three.”

 

Jimin sighs. “When is he coming?”

 

“In about 15. Go put on something y.”


 

-----



 

Jimin can’t decide if Jungkook is turning 19 or 9. The ‘party’ Taehyung had planned is just too confusing. But he doesn’t mind. He’s completely fine with ice cream. And he likes tequila too. But it’s when Taehyung says “let’s play truth or dare!” that he ultimately decides this is a sleepover and not a celebration of an almost adult. But Jimin plays along, not sure if it’s the sugar or the alcohol that’s making him tipsy.

 

They sit in a ring on the floor, in front of the TV, which is broadcasting some music broadcast program.  

 

“Truthudaregukie?” Taehyung manages to choke out, voice muffled with the marshmallows in his mouth.

 

Jungkook giggles. His cheeks are tinted and his eyes are glazed, and so are Taehyung’s. Jimin starts to think his are too.

 

“Truth.” He smiles his bunny smile.

 

“Don’t Jimin’s thighs look good in those leather pants?” Taehyung asks, after swallowing the sugary substance in his mouth.

 

“Yes…” the younger pouts. Then he giggles again.

 

“You cutieeee…” Jimin coos, ruffling

Please log in to read the full chapter