031. The Rain (pt 2)

Polyrhythm [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter
031. The Rain (pt 2)


 

He wakes up with the scent he has come to recognize as Jungkook. He has the younger’s hair in his face. He inhales the raven locks and notes that the younger has really soft hair.

 

“Tae Tae told me to tell you we’re not gonna be here today,” Jungkook says with his sweet voice and crawls off Jimin. The bedroom door closes and a few minutes of tisseling and tasseling follows. Then the apartment is left empty and quiet.

 

It’s raining. He can tell. Even if the blinds are closed.

 

Jimin gets out of bed. He showers. He gets dressed. He goes back to bed.

 

Something about today isn’t right. For some reason the empty apartment looks foreign and eerily different, even though he knows it’s exactly the same. That gnawing anxiousness, much like the one he had when they first moved in, sits uncomfortably in the pit of his stomach.

 

Taehyung left something in the kitchen for him. A plate of pancakes with a note that said “eat me” laying next to it. The sight was so cute and cheesy that Jimin thought he would puke. He didn’t think he would actually throw up though. After only a few sugary bites he had to run to the toilet and vomit up the acidic and watery substance. Shaking, from sobs and discomfort, he threw away the remaining meal, desperately trying to not think about Taehyung. Taehyung, his best friend who only wants him to be happy. Jimin doesn’t want to throw away his food. The food Taehyung ever so considerately prepared for him.  

 

He wraps the duvet around him even tighter and nuzzles his face further into the pillow. Trying to distract himself from the ever-growing guilt, he wills himself to fall asleep.


 

-----


 

The nightmares are back. Or daymares, if you wish. He hasn’t had them in ages, not that that’s a bad thing. Only, he had kinda forgotten how scary they were. Not scary, as in the ghosts him and Hoseok get scared about when they watch horror movies, but scary as in the daunting terror that makes his blood freeze and his breathing difficult. The kind of fear that makes him feel so vulnerable and helpless, so empty and weak. So incredibly weak.

 

A closing door. That’s all it is. Just a door closing.

 

Everything about it is terrifying.

 

The sliver of light, of hope, of ho

Please log in to read the full chapter