034. The Mint

Polyrhythm [HIATUS]
Please log in to read the full chapter
034. The Mint


 

Jimin collapses on the floor, panting heavily with a smile on his face. He basks in the AC filled air before standing up and walking towards his bag leaning against the mirror. He digs around it for a while, before realizing he’s forgotten his water bottle at home.

 

“Hoseok-hyung, can I drink some if your water?”

 

Hoseok, who’s just about to take a sip himself, stops in his movements.

 

“Hmmm…” He rubs his chin pretending to ponder about whether to give Jimin his water or not. “Maybe, if you ask nicely.”

 

“Please hyung?”

 

“You can do better than that!” Wooshin plays along.

 

“Pleeeeeease hyung?” Jimin widens his eyes and pulls on an exaggerated pout.

 

“I don’t know… I kinda like my water.”

 

“Hyuuuung,” Jimin whines and shakes his shoulders. “Pleeeeease?” He brings his small fists up to his face and rubs them around his cheeks in a failed attempt at aegyo.

 

“Aaaaaarg!” Wooshin cries out at the horrid sight, clutching his stomach in laughter.

 

Hoseok laughs with the younger redhead, falling down to the floor and rolling around like an insane person. Wei, who tagged along Wooshin for their spontaneous dance practice, gives them a judging stare. Why did he agree to come now again?

 

Jimin sighs. “Do you have water, Wei?”

 

“No. Sorry.” Wei’s attention is still on the cackling pair on the floor. He shakes his head before looking over to Jimin. “You wanna practice once more? And after we’ll get ice cream. My treat.”

 

“Sure.”   

 

When they start up the music again, the other two seem to get it together and join them. Even though they’re only four people, they still manage to pull of the choreography despite the eight missing places. But it can’t be helped. They only have scheduled practices a couple of times a week, and if they want to nail the upcoming showcase they have to practice extra. But not everyone can make it every time.

 

“Once more” is what Wei said. Yet, they end up practicing a total of six times before finally deciding to leave. Jimin had somewhere to be anyways.

 

-----

 

They shine in the sunlight, from their smiles and bright aura. And the sheen of sweat that covers them all. Mint ice cream. That’s Jimin’s new favorite flavour.

 

They walk the street without aim, too occupied with each other to mind where they’ll end up. Wooshin finishes his ice cream first, pouting because he shouldn’t have picked the strawberry one, it’s the smallest. This results in him hanging after Wei for his chocolate chip. After too many ‘pleeeeease’s and too many hugs he just the popsicle when Wei isn’t looking. Which pisses the other off. So much that he just gives his ice cream to Wooshin.

 

“Haha, weak,” Hoseok spits, earning him a slap on the shoulder.

Please log in to read the full chapter