Monster

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6: Monster

 

“Woah that Mina girl is really annoying! How could Jihyo survive for the past two years in that school?” Jinyoung grumbled as he went home.

“Why didn’t I notice that earlier? You’re really fool, Park Jinyoung!” He said as he kicked the empty can on the street.

That was when he realized, “Oh, where am I? Why do I walk in this direction?” The he noticed that this way is the way to go the restaurant. “Heol, I must be missing Il Mondo.. Well, Let’s check them out..”

He walked happily to the restaurant, but then he found out that the restaurant is closed. “Oh, why is it closed? They should be still opened this time..”

But then he heard someone hit the table. That made Jinyoung looking for the source of the sound, and it came from the back of the restaurant.

He sneaked in silently. There he saw all of the Chefs were gathered. Chef Mark looked so angry, while the other Chefs bent their head down.

“Can you be a professional, JB?!” suddenly Chef Mark was yelling to Jaebum.

He continued, “You must know that I HATE mistake.. Once, I can forgive.. Twice, I still tried to understand.. But for the third time, I can’t tolerate anymore!”

He messaged his temple as he said, “You know that serving time is really important in this restaurant, but look at you, you were wasting time by making many mistakes..”

“Hyung, that’s..” Jackson tried to help Jaebum, but he got cut by Mark.

“What? You want to blame me because I ask him to redo his cooking? You all know from the start that this restaurant is all about perfection! And I can’t stand people who makes mistakes!”

He sighed and faced Jaebum. He asked, “Is it only you who mourn over Junior? Is it really hard for you to work here after he gone?”

He waited for Jaebum to answer, but Jaebum was silent.

And that made Mark reaching his emotion. “If you’re not capable, then why don’t you just quit?”

Hearing that words, Jinyoung couldn’t stay. He showed up as he screamed. “Chef Mark Tuan!!! How could you say that to Jaebum hyung?”

Jihyo’s appearance made all of the Chef surprised.

Moreover for Jaebum. “Jihyo yaa..”

“You’re the one who asked him to join you to build this restaurant, right? Are you asking him to be here to help you or to insult him? I know you all came from abroad, you all have won multiple competitions, but you don’t need to look down on him.. Don’t you think it’s too harsh to ask him to quit?”

All of the Chefs were looking at Jihyo.

Jackson was the first one to ask, “A-are you Junior’s sister?”

That was when Jinyoung realized he showed up as Jihyo. “Omo! Anyeonghaseyo, Park Jihyo imnida” He bowed 90 degrees to them.

“Jihyo ya, what are you doing here? Just go home..”

But Jinyoung was still standing silently, he showed a cute pout of Jihyo.

Then, out of nowhere, Jackson gave an idea. “Mark Hyung, what do you think if we hire her as our maknae?”

Jinyoung was surprised. “Can I?”

But Jaebum directly took down Jackson’s idea. “Yaa Jackson, she needs to go to school..”

“I can skip the night class and work here..” Jinyoung told Jaebum firmly, then he turned to Jackson and gave thumbs up.  “Woah that’s a great idea!”

Brian also gave opinion. “Yeah, I think Jackson idea is good.. Since Junior gone, Jaebum need to do double work that’s why this mess happened.. So, hiring a new staff is a good solution for us.. Moreover our peak time is at the evening, so she can come here after school.. What do you think, Mark?”

Mark was silent. He stared at Jihyo intensely while talking to himself.  Why should I hire you? Why should I take care of you? Jinyoung’s death is not my fault.. You’re not my responsibility.. He tried to deny his own guilty. But his minds was replaying the time when he overwork Jinyoung, the time when he got mad over his little mistakes, the time at the funeral rites when he saw how depressed Jihyo after her only brother gone.

But then Jaebum took control. “I’m sorry for mistakes that I’ve done, Chef.. I’m going to work harder to pay them all.. But, can we talk about it tomorrow? I need to take Jihyo home now..”

Listening to Jaebum’s abrupt decision, Mark replied fast, “You can work here..”

Mark’s words made all the people look at him. He replied his words as he pointed on Jihyo. “You. You can work here..”

“Really???” Jinyoung was surprised, he couldn’t imagine that Chef Mark will directly agreeing.

“But Chef..” Jaebum wanted to argue, but got cut by Mark.

“We’ll open the restaurant at the evening, you can come after your school..” Mark gave another shocking decision.

“What? We’re going to open at the evening? Really, hyung??” Jackson opened his eyes widely.

“She’ll ruin the rhythm if she come later than the other, so yes we’ll open at the evening..” Mark said it firmly.

“Woah, daebak!” Jackson couldn’t hide his happiness.

“That’s all for today.. Let’s meet tomorrow..” Mark said as he left the kitchen.

 

As Mark went away, Jackson directly turned to Jihyo. “Can you believe it? How could he become really lenient? He changed in a minute after you came.. Thank you Junior’s sister!”

“He’s actually a soft hearted, but acting bold.. I know Mark..” Brian added.

Jinyoung gave them Jihyo’s sweet smile. He also knew it, that Chef Mark is actually a kind and nice person.

 

-00-

 

Jaebum and Jihyo walked home together, there Jaebum asked again, “Jihyo are you sure?”

“Yes! I need money Hyung.. That’s why I need this job..” Jinyoung answered while showing him Jihyo’s cute pout.

“I told you, you can come to me if you need money..”

“How can I do that, hyung? I know you are saving your money to study abroad..”

“I can think about it later.. Just please Jihyo ya, if you need money you can ask me.. don’t be hesitant.. I’m your guardian.”

“Eh? My guardian?” Jinyoung was surprised.

“Yeah, I know I haven’t asked your permission, but since the law process of Jinyoung’s accident need the victim’s family or the guardian, I’m volunteering myself to be your guardian. But don’t worry it’s just until you reach your legal age..”

Jihyo was teary, Jinyoung felt guilty that he need to burden Jaebum over the responsibility of Jihyo. “I’m sorry Hyung.. I shouldn’t burden you with this responsibility..”

“Heeey, that’s okay..”

“But don’t worry, I’m not gonna give you a hard time.. I’ll be a good sister for you..” Jihyo smiled.

“A good sister means she need to obey her brother’s words, to focus on study..”

“Still I want to work in the restaurant.. I don’t want to burden you financially.. “Jinyoung words made Jaebum want to argue, but he got cut. “Ssh! Don’t argue, Hyung.. I can take care of it... I’m gonna ask teacher’s permission to skip the night class, and I’m not gonna abandon my duty as a student, moreover I’m gonna study harder.. So please, just trust me uhm?”

Jaebum was smiling over Jihyo’s bold decision. “Why are you resemble Jinyoung so much Jihyo ya? I didn’t know this side of you before..”

“Eh?” Jinyoung was surprised that Jaebum noticed him. He felt happy that there is someone who still can notice him even in another physical appearance. “Anyway, you shouldn’t just stay silent when Chef Mark scold you..”

“You shouldn’t barge in and yelled to him like that, Jihyo ya..” Jaebum smirked.

“Why not? You also defend Jinyoung oppa when he’s having hard times..”

“Woah, did he tell you that?”

“Yeah, he told me about you, a lot..”

Then they reached their house, and before Jinyoung went upstairs, he told Jaebum, “Don’t feel inferior, Hyung.. You are as great as them.. Or even better—“ He looked at Jaebum deeply and continued,”--for me..”

Jaebum was mesmerized by Jihyo’s sweet words to him, moreover when she was smiling.

“Jaljaa Jaebum Hyuung!” She went upstairs while waving her hands, leaving Jaebum downstairs touching his left chest.

“Why does my heart beating so fast? Oh My God, I’m still not used to see her smiling like that..” Jaebum talked to himself.

 

-00-

 

In the next morning, Jinyoung was complaining over Jihyo’s uniform.

“Aah, what should I do? Jihyo’s old skirt is too short..”

“Who ask you to cut her skirt?” Scheduler said as he leaned on the wall in relax.

“It got stuck with the chair, hyungniiim.. Should I sit there forever?” Jinyoung smirked, and then continued to complain. “Aaah, should I take some money from the saving to buy a new uniform?”

“You can wear that skirt on top of your gym trouser..” Scheduler gave an idea.

“Woah, that’s right!” Then he took the gym trouser and wore it. He went in front of the mirror and said, “It’s not bad.. Woah, I know I can depend on you, Hyungnim..” He gave thum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter