Selfish

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 34: Jisoo

 

Jinyoung spent time with visiting the market ahjumma and going around the city. But since he had nothing to do anymore, he decided to pick up Jihyo. 

That was when he saw her walking fast, leaving Brian confused.

"Ya, Jihyo ya!" Brian called her but Jihyo walk even faster.

Jinyoung who was curious, approached Brian. That was when Brian muttered, "What's wrong with her? Does she know this boy?"

"This boy?" Jinyoung asked as he stole glance to the picture in Brian's phone. But then it went black as the phone went to the sleep mode. Jinyoung tried to turned it on again, but his hand went through the phone. 

"Aish! What should I do? I want to see who's that boy." Jinyoung complained. "Should I possess him?" He looked at Brian in confuse."But what if I was trapped again? No. Just think about it later. I can die of curiosity if I don't know who's that boy."

With that Jinyoung possessed Brian. He directly pressed the unlock button and swiped the screen. Then it showed a family picture of parents with their children. Jinyoung was focus on the boy. It seemed like he ever see him, but he still couldn't figure it out. 

That was when Jaebum showed up and asked, "Brian Hyung, do you know where is Jihyo?"

"Ah, Jihyo already went home." Jinyoung answered fast and then directly asked, "Hyung, do you know who's this?"

Jaebum furrowed his eyebrows, "Hyung??"

"I mean, JB.. Do you know who's this boy?" Jinyoung corrected his slip words.

Jaebum saw the parents and said, "Don't they your second parents?" Jaebum asked Brian and then changed his stare to the boy. "Oh! Is he the boy you talked about?"

"Who's that boy?" Jinyoung asked fast.

But Jaebum eyed Brian in confuse. "You're weird, hyung. You're the one who tell us that this boy is their son who drowned in the Busan sea."

Busan? Drowned?

That was when he noticed the whole picture. He was like having a heart attack when seeing it. The world seemed stop turning and he felt blank. He really wanted to talk about it with someone. And the only one he thought was Scheduler. Then, he screamed calling him. "Hyungniiimmm."

When Scheduler showed up, Jinyoung directly showered him with his ramble. "Hyungnim!! I guess I know who's the boy in Jihyo's mind."

Scheduler who looked so tired was still trying to reply Jinyoung. He brushed his hair as he asked shortly. "Who?" 

That was when Jinyoung saw a birth mark on Scheduler's palm. This time, he got another heart attack. 

"Impossible.."

He grabbed Scheduler's hand and looked at his birthmark closely.

"How can I not notice this earlier?" Jinyoung remembered the dream he had when he possessed Jihyo.

Scheduler directly took his hand off Jinyoung and hid it.

"Yeah, I should have known before. I always thought that his face is somewhat familiar, but I didn't know him. But turned out, he's you?" Jinyoung asked Scheduler in the eyes.

Scheduler tried to avoid it. "Stop it, Jinyoung ah. Let's just go home."

"Wait. You told me that you always got a profile of a person who'll you inform the death, right? Then you MUST know about me, right?" Jinyoung bombarded him with questions.

"It's not like that, Jinyoung ah--" Scheduler tried to explain but got cut by Jinyoung.

"Oh My God. I feel so stupid." He said it as he covered his face in regret. "You make me feel stupid, Hyungnim! Why don't you tell me that you know everything?!"

"I can't tell you that I know--"

"YOU ALWAYS SAY THAT!" Jinyoung yelled at him. "Will you stay silent this time too?"

Scheduler took a deep breath before saying, "Listen, I don't have rights to say anything."

Jinyoung looked at him in disappointment. "Hyung, you really.."

He shook his head and then srarted to walk away. But Scheduler grabbed his hand. "Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna tell Jihyo."

"Don't do reckless thing, Jinyoung ah!" Scheduler snapped Jinyoung.

"Reckless??" Jinyoung looked at Scheduler in disbelief, how could he say that word. "I don't have much time in this world anymore, Hyungnim! I want Jihyo to know the truth, NOW."

"Don't be stupid, Jinyoung ah! Let it just stay like this!"

"No!" Jinyoung insisted. "I ever regret what I've done before, Hyungnim. I don't want to make the same mistake! Now, just let me go." With that Jinyoung took his hand off Scheduler's grab and went away.

Scheduler couldn't do anything except watching him went away.

 

-00-

 

"Jihyo yaaa!!" Jinyoung directly called Jihyo as he stepped inside the house.

Jihyo showed up and simply asked, "What's wrong, oppa?"

"I want to talk with you about something." He approached her slowly and asked, "Do you know who's the boy in your memory? The one who reached out his hand when you drowned."

Scheduler showed up and still tried to stop it. "Jinyoung ah, please.."

But Jihyo noticed what Jinyoung means because her face expression was suddenly changed. "I don't want to talk about that, oppa."

"Why not? Do you know him? Do you know everything?" Jinyoung asked Jihyo and he got the answer by looking at Jihyo avoiding his question. "Gosh, I feel so stupid! SO STUPID!" Jinyoung brushed his hair and asked, "How could you both do this to me?!"

Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows and asked, "Both?"

"Yeah, your oppa is here.." Jinyoung answered as he glanced at Scheduler.

Jihyo looked at the direction Jinyoung glanced, but there was no one there. She softly said, "Of course, you're here."

"Not me! But your real brother!" Jinyoung responded fast.

Scheduler directly snapped him. "PARK JINYOUNG!!"

"Why? Why'd you still want to hide it? Will it be sad if Jihyo didn't know the truth?" Jinyoung asked Scheduler in the eyes and then turned to Jihyo. "Today I'll reveal everything-"

But Jihyo cut his words, "Stop it, oppa! I don't want to hear it anymore.."

"Why are you running away from this reality, Jihyo ya? You know that your parents here, you can go back to them." Jinyoung pursued Jihyo.

But Jihyo refused firmly. "I don't want it!" She looked at Jinyoung deeply and said, "You are my family! Not them!"

"Park Jihyo..."

"Please STOP IT! I don't want to hear it anymore! Let me live as I want!" Jihyo said it and then banged her door, leaving Jinyoung crying.

Jinyoung knocked the door even though his hands were through it and called his sister. "Jihyo ya.." 

Scheduler held Jinyoung's hand softly and said, "Stop it, Jinyoung ah.."

"Why'd you stop me, Hyungnim? I want to tell her about you.. about your family.. Don't you want her to know you?" Jinyoung asked Scheduler.

"Don't force her to accept this.. Tell her slowly.. She needs time.."

Jinyoung wiped his tears and asked "You must hate me so much, right Hyungnim?"

"No.." Scheduler answered firmly.

"Why'd you have to be so good to me? I feel so small in front of you.." Jinyoung started to cry again.

Scheduler hugged him and patted his back while saying, "I'm not hating you, Jinyoung ah.."

 

-00-

 

Scheduler was getting ready to attend his death anniversary when Jinyoung approached him. "Hyungnim, I'm gonna pursue Jihyo to meet your parents.."

Scheduler put both of his hands on Jinyoung shoulder and said, "Don't push her too hard, Jinyoung ah.. We both know who is the most important, it is Jihyo not you either me. Don't you agree?"

Jinyoung nodded and sighed. "Yeah, but.."

Scheduler ended their conversation with smiling, "I'll go.." 

 

Jinyoung watched Scheduler disappeared and suddenly guilty feeling creeping up again. He really wanted Jihyo to go back to her family. 

He walked to her room wanting to talk to her but she came out from her room holding her phone.

"Yes, Chef?" Jihyo talked as she sat on dining chair.

"I just remembered that I have to be judge in cooking competition in Jeonju." Mark said from across the phone. "So I decided to close the restaurant for today, since Jackson still can't come. Just use this chance to go somewhere to ease your mind, you need a break, don't you?"

"Yes, Chef.." Jihyo answered softly.

That made Mark asked, "Are you sick? You sound unwell.."

"No, Chef.. I'm fine.."

"Okay then.. Ah! I forgot to tell you that you did great, yesterday.. I'm proud of you.." Mark praised Jihyo.

Jihyo's lips made a little curve. "Thank you, Chef.."

"Bye, Jihyo ya.."

"Ye, anyeong.."

 

"Is that Chef Mark?" Jinyoung asked as he sat in front of Jihyo.

Jihyo simply answered, "Yeah."

"Is there something happened?"

"No. He just informed me that the restaurant closed for today."

"Really? Then why don't you use this chance to meet your parents?" He pursued her again.

Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter