The Dearest

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 42: The dearest


After telling Mark the truth, one of the heavy burden on Jihyo's shoulder feel lifted. She regretted why she didn't tell him earlier. But there was another person she should tell the truth. And this time it was more difficult, because she should be ready to totally let him go.

On her way to Jaebum's house, she met Jinyoung.

"Jihyo ya, where were you going?" Jinyoung approached in worry. "Since you're not coming home yet, I went to your school to check but you're not there. And here you are as I guessed, you must want to meet your boyfriend, right? Heol."

Jihyo tried to smile, and said, "I went to meet Chef Mark, oppa.."

"Chef Mark??" Jinyoung asked as he opened his eyes widely.

"I met him to give your diary.."

With that Jinyoung jumped in surprise. "MY DIARY?? Why'd you give it to him??"

"He deserves to know the truth, oppa.."

"But.." Jinyoung massaged his temple for a while as he confused, then asked, "Where is he right now?"

"I met him at The Tiffany's"

"I'll go there. You better wait for me at the house, Jihyo ya. We need to talk." Jinyoung told Jihyo firmly before he ran away disappearing from Jihyo's sight.

With that Jinyoung ran to the restaurant to meet Mark. Please wait for me, Chef.. I'll explain everything..

He ran so fast to go there. He remembered the moments he shared with Chef Mark and that made him feeling guilty again to him. He must have mental breakdown right now because of me. I'm sorry, Chef..

As he reached The Tiffany's, he walked through the door and directly looking for Mark. But he wasn't around. He was already left.

Chef.. let me explain.. where are you?


-00-


While Jinyoung was looking for Mark, Jihyo was waiting for Jaebum. When she arrived at his house, Jaebum wasn't at home. So, Jihyo was standing and laying her back on the wall waiting for Jaebum to come.

And after a moment, the one Jihyo waiting for has coming.

"Oh, Jihyo ya.." Jaebum was surprised by Jihyo.

Jihyo directly straightened her back and made a light bow. As she bowed, her eyes caught the plastic bag Jaebum brought. It was filled with alcohol. Somehow it made Jihyo's heart hurt.

"Is there something happened?" Jaebum asked in worry.

"No.. I just.. want to ask your time for a moment.." Jihyo took a deep breath before saying, "There's something I want to tell you.."

"Aaah, okay.." Jaebum nodded and followed Jihyo.


Then they went to a park near the residence. They sat on a bench, side by side, in a silent for a moment until Jihyo braved herself to speak up. "Jaebum ssi.. Do you remember this place?"

Jaebum furrowed his eyebrows. "This park?"

"Yeah.. This park is where we shared our first kiss.. No, my first kiss with you.." Jihyo looked down. "This is a special place for me, since here is the place I got my life back.. through your kiss."

Jaebum tilted his head. "G-got your life back?"

"It is a long unbelievable story, Jaebum ssi.. I don't know will you believe it or not, but this is the truth I want to tell you.." Jihyo told Jaebum softly. "Actually after oppa died, I lost any desire to live. So, I decided to end my life by jumping off the building."

Jaebum was surprised to hear that. "What??"

"But Jinyoung oppa saved me.. by possessing my body." Jihyo explained more.

Jaebum was so confused. "P-posses?"

"He prevented me from jumping off the building, so since that time he was stuck inside my body." Jihyo explained. She chuckled before continuing, "Even from this beginning of the story you can guess where it leads, right Jaebum ssi?"

Jaebum was looking at Jihyo intensely. "So.. the one who.. who called me Hyung was.."

"Jinyoung oppa." Jihyo completed the sentence Jaebum say.

Jaebum furrowed his eyebrows, trying to remember things. He said, "The one who defended me in front of Chef Mark was also..."

"Jinyoung oppa."

His heart was dropped by this revelation. He muttered, "This is impossible."

Jihyo tried to explain more by mentioning the moment he spent with Jinyoung. "The one who spent cherry blossom date with you was him. The one who you shared your first kiss was him. The one who took care of you when you were sick was him. The one--"

"Stop it." Jaebum cut Jihyo's words and told Jihyo firmly. "Don't tell me lie, Jihyo ya.."

"I'm not lying, Jaebum ssi.. This is the truth." Jihyo tried to convince him. "The one you like isn't me, but him."

But Jaebum denied it. "NO! I like you, Jihyo ya. The one I love is you. This is nonsense, how can I like your oppa?"

"Please think about it. Why suddenly I changed to be so bright a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter