Happy Time

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 13: Happy Time

 

Since morning Jaebum has prepared himself for the ‘date’ with Jihyo. He never imagined that there will be a day he walked under the cherry blossom tree with Jihyo. The scene in romance drama was flashing on his mind making him blushing. At first he chose his black trouser and long-sleeved white shirt, but then he thought it will be too formal. And he didn’t want to make Jihyo think he put too much effort in this date, so he changed his mind. As he wanted to be casual, and being himself, he took his favorite black ripped-jeans and black sweatshirt. But when he checked himself at the mirror, he look like a rascal. So he changed again into a blue plaid flannel long-sleeved shirt on top of his white T-shirt plus his grey jeans.

“I think it’s enough.” He said to himself as he smiled, satisfied with the outfit he choose.

Then he went upstairs to pick up his date partner. When he came, Jihyo just went out from her house.

“Anyeong Jaebum Hyung..” greeted Jihyo casually.

But Jaebum was looking at her, smiling as he saw Jihyo’s outfit. She wore a light blue knitted long-sleeved shirt and a white jeans. Jaebum thought that it will be matched with his outfit. He thought that they have some kind of telepathy to tell each other what they should wear. Okay, that’s enough Bum.

 Looking Jaebum was zoning out, Jinyoung called him. “Hyung!”

“Ah! Have you ready?”

“Yup!” Jihyo smiled and said, “Let’s go..”

 

Jaebum and Jihyo went to Yeouido Island by bus. Yeouido Island is a large island in the Han River, in the heart of Seoul. It became the main attraction in the beginning of spring, because it’s famous as the best place to enjoy the cherry blossom.  Walking together with the lovely one under the canopy of cherry blossom is perfect for a romantic date.

 

“Woah, it’s so beautiful..” Jihyo was mesmerized by the beauty of pink-tinted white blossom along the road.

“It’s beautiful, right? I heard it’s even not the full bloom yet, but it’s already beautiful..” Jaebum commented.

“Yeah.. It must be more beautiful when it’s full bloom.” Said Jinyoung excitedly.

“It must be more crowded, for sure..” added Jaebum, and then they were laughing.

 

#np: Busker Busker – Cherry Blossom Ending

Jaebum and Jihyo strolled along the southern shores of Yeouido, enjoying the cherry blossom. As they walk next to each other, sometimes their hands touched, sparking a butterflies in Jaebum’s stomach. He stole a glance to Jihyo’s hand and tried to hold it many times, but he was too timid to do that. When he braved himself to do it, the timing wasn’t right, because it was at the same time Jihyo took her hand to point on a beautiful tree, leaving Jaebum let out a deep breath. What are you thinking, Jaebum? He asked himself while holding his laugh.

Then they found a nice spot to sit. A spot under the tree with the scenery of Han River. When Jihyo wanted to sit, Jaebum stopped her. He took off his plaid shirt and placed it on the ground as the picnic blanket.

“Hyung, you don’t need to do that..” Jinyoung told Jaebum.

“You’re wearing white jeans, it’ll get dirty if you sit on the ground..” said Jaebum without looking at Jihyo.

“Woah, you’re really considerate.. Girls must be fluttered if you do this to them..” Jinyoung commented as he forgot that he was inside a girl’s body.

Jaebum was blushing hearing Jihyo’s comment. “Really?”

Jihyo nodded firmly as she sat on top of Jaebum’s shirt.

Jaebum also sat next to her as his heart pounded fast. There was silence for a while until Jihyo making comment.

“Hyung, you’re only wearing a short-sleeved T-shirt, don’t you feel cold?”

“Oh? It’s.. It’s okay..” Jaebum who previously didn’t feel cold, suddenly feeling cold by Jihyo’s comment. He was just remembered that he only wearing a short-sleeved thin tee, but he held it and acted strong.

“Aaah, I know.. You want to show me your arm muscle, right?” Jinyoung asked casually and even smirked.

That surprised Jaebum, “What?”

And what surprised him even more was when Jihyo (Jinyoung) casually touched his arm. “Omo, it’s so firm. Where did you get this muscle, Hyung? Do you exercise every morning?”

“Ah I’m --- “ Jaebum was speechless.

“You should’ve invited me to join you exercising, Hyung.. I want to have arm muscle too..” Jihyo pouted making Jaebum chuckle.

“Why a girl want to have arm muscle?”

That was when Jinyoung realized. “Ah! I’m just joking, Hyung.. Ha ha ha..”

Looking Jihyo laughing freely made Jaebum smile. “Seems you’re fine Jihyo ya..”

“Uhm?” Jinyoung didn’t understand.

“Even after what happened last night.” Jaebum added, trying to make Jihyo understand.

“Aaah..” Jihyo responded with a nod.

“Mina came to the restaurant to bother you again.. I really regret that I couldn’t help you..” Jaebum said it while bending his head.

“It’s okay, Hyung.. Actually about Mina, it did not really bother me.. I give more thought on Chef Mark.” Jinyoung said as he look afar to Han River.

Jaebum turned his head directly after hearing certain someone’s name. “Chef Mark?”

“Yeah, don’t you think he was a bit overreact? I mean, I just need to clean the table and go back to the kitchen, but he even yelled at Mina, which is not necessary.. He didn’t think about his restaurant. You know he’s kinda famous right? I’m worry about his and his restaurant’s image.” Jihyo inhaled and exhaled deeply before saying, “Moreover, Dahyun thinks that he likes me..”

“What??” Jaebum was nearly screaming to hear what Jihyo said.

Jihyo also turned her head to look at Jaebum and supported his reaction. “That’s absurd, right Hyung?” But then went back to look at the river and said, “But somehow I agree that Chef Mark was acting strange.. He even offer a help..”

“He helps you doesn’t mean he likes you, Jihyo ya..” Jaebum tried to sound it as normal as possible, without forcing his idea.

And Jihyo supported it. “Yeah, I think so..”

“Remember when you defend me back then when Chef Mark scold me? That doesn’t mean y-you like me, right?”

Jihyo looked like thinking for a while and then turned to Jaebum to say, “But I do like you, Hyung.. I care about you..”

“R-really? Jaebum opened his eyes widely.

“Of course! You’re my brother!” answered Jinyoung casually.

Jihyo’s answer dropped Jaebum’s heart. Then he commented, “Yeah just like that, maybe he defended you because you are his staff..”

“Yeah, it could be..”

“Just don’t think about what Dahyun said seriously, Jihyo ya..” Jaebum told Jihyo firmly and even said, “And let’s just stop talking about Chef Mark.”

Jinyoung chuckled and then said, “Okay.. And how about we strolling around again? I think you’re already feeling cold, Hyung.. You need to wear your shirt back.” Jihyo smiled and then got up, followed by Jaebum.

Right after Jaebum stood up, Jihyo took the shirt. She flicked it few times and cleaned it with her hands. At the same time, the cherry blossom petals were flying as the wind blows, showering both of them.

“Woah, the wind blows quite strong..” Jinyoung commented before he gave the shirt to Jaebum.

Instead taking his shirt, Jaebum moved few petals in Jihyo’s hair.

“Are there many petals on my hair?” Jinyoung asked casually.

Jaebum nodded while laughing softly, but then he stopped to stare at Jihyo’s face. He even tucked Jihyo’s hair on her ear and said, “You’re pretty Jihyo ya.. Don’t hide your face anymore..”

Jinyoung was surprised, it was like seeing himself talking to Jihyo back then when he was alive. Smile slowly appeared on Jihyo’s lips.

 

When they continued to stroll around, there was another visitor who asked a help from Jaebum to take a picture of him and his girlfriend. Jaebum was willingly helping them to take few times of picture of them together. Then they offered to take a picture of Jaebum and Jihyo. At first Jaebum was shy as he stole a glance to Jihyo looking for her approval. And Jihyo nodded excitedly.

Jaebum gave his phone and then ran to stand next to Jihyo.

“1, 2, 3.” Click!

“Come closer Hyung..” Jihyo pulled Jaebum closer and even leaned her head to Jaebum’s shoulder.

“Nah! This is better. 1, 2, 3.” Click!

 

“Here your phone..”

“Thanks..” Jaebum bowed after he got his phone back.

“You’re a beautiful couple.” Said the visitor who helped them.

“Couple? We’re not..” Jihyo directly shook her hands. “He’s my brother..”

“Aaaahh..” The visitors nodded before they excused themselves.

Somehow, Jihyo’s direct respond to the false statement made Jaebum feel a bit bitter. Am I only a brother for you?

But then it was disappeared as Jihyo held his hand. He looked at Jihyo looking for an explanation.

But Jihyo gave him a smile. “Can I hold your hand, Hyung? As I think about it, I really want to do it with Jinyoung oppa, but he never took me to see the cherry blossom.. Doesn’t he regret it? He always choose work over his sister!” Jinyoung voiced out what inside his heart.

Listened to Jihyo’s explanation making Jaebum chuckle. “Okay, I’ll make your oppa regret it so much..” Then he held Jihyo’s hand tighter and swing it along the way.

When the wind blows, my heart sounds to pound without knowing

When the wind blows, from way over there, I keep seeing you

As the spring wind blows, the scattering cherry blossom petals

Spread out in this street as we walk together........

 

-00-

 

As Jaebum and Jihyo enjoyed the cherry blossom date, they nearly forget that they need to go to work. So they needed to run from the bust stop to Il Mondo, which was seen by -none other than- Mark.

Mark decided to wait for them in front of his car. And when they finally came, both Jaebum and Jihyo was shocked, they didn’t want to get scold from Mark. They directly bowed as they tried to normalize their breathing.

Mark walked closer. While folding his arm, he asked, “Where are you come from? As I know it’s faster for you to come here by walking.. Were you moving?”

“No, Chef.. We’re from Yeouido..” Jinyoug answer innocently, making Jaebum turned his head couldn’t believe that Jihyo will be this innocent.

The one who’s surprised, was not only Jaebum, but also Mark. “Yeouido? Were you seeing the cherry blossom?”

“Yes, Chef!”

Mark chuckled. “It’s not even the festival yet, but you’re both already go there?”

“But it’s really beautiful, Chef.. You should go there..” Jinyoung still answered casually.

That made Jaebum wanting to add, “Yeah, Chef.. It’s really beautiful, moreover when you walk with your lovely ones..”

That pissed Mark, so he said, “Just stop talking and go inside. You want to waste my precious time?” Then he went away after sending a deadly gaze to Jaebum.

Jaebum could only hold his laugh.

 

-00-

 

Saturday usually be the busiest day at Il Mondo, but this time was different. Since open, the restaurant was empty. It was for only five people who come until mid-afternoon. Feeling bored, waiter and cashier can even chat with the Chefs, which is usually impossible to do.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter