Make You Mine

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 15: Make you mine

 

Days passed quickly, and Monday came again. Monday is always fast paced and filled with energy, just like how Jihyo eager for school. As usual, she met with Donghyuk at the corridor.

“Good morning Jihyo ya.. “ Donghyuk greeted as he walked next to her.

Jihyo replied with a smile.

But then Donghyuk stopped walking and said, “Wait, you look different today..” He observed Jihyo for a while. “What should I say? Mmm, you look... glowing.”

“Glowing?” Jinyoung chuckled. “Okay, I take it as a compliment”

“That is a compliment!” Donghyuk laughed as they continued to walk together.

 

Reaching the class, Jihyo was welcomed by Bambam’s greeting.

“Good morning Park Ji--- Woah you cut your bangs!” Bambam didn’t finish his greeting as he amazed by Jihyo’s new appearance.

As Jihyo sat on her seat, Yugyeom also praised her. “You look pretty, Jihyo ya..”

Then Dahyun suddenly showed up and put her arm around Jihyo’s shoulder. “She looks pretty, right? It’s all because of me..” The others were side-eyeing her, but she didn’t notice that.  She even casually moved to push Bambam from his seat. Ignoring Bambam’s complain about her taking his seat, Dahyun continued to ask, “Jihyo ya, tell me what Chef Mark say?”

Bambam’s grumble got distracted. “Chef Mark? The one who defended you back then?”

Dahyun replied fast. “Yeah. So now just shut up, let Jihyo to answer.”  

Bambam smirked at Dahyun.

“I made a mistake believe in you Dahyun ah.. he doesn’t like me.” Jinyoung answered casually.

“Like you?” Yugyeom was surprised.

“Did Dahyun tell you that that Chef like you?” Youngjae added the question.

Jihyo nodded.

Youngjae directly told Dahyun. “What the hell is wrong with you Kim Dahyun?!”

“What’s wrong? You saw it by yourself that he gave extra care to Jihyo..”

“That’s right, that’s right!” The dumb & dumber supported Dahyun’s opinion.

“The way he defend you, his anger, everything.. He likes you Jihyo ya..” Bambam supported Dahyun’s idea.

“But the fact, he doesn’t like me. When I asked him what he think about me, he asked back ‘Are you drunk?’”

Jihyo’s words made the others burst out laughing.

“And yesterday we got a guest – a really pretty female customer. And he flirted with her, he even said that she is his type.” Jinyoung continued to tell them.

“Did he tell it to you?” Dahyun asked.

“He told everyone, so yes it’s including me.”

“That’s it! I’m surer that he likes you. Chef Mark is kind of a guy who has high self-esteem and he tend to do so if he knew there was a girl who love him. He would act hard to get, and he would cover his interest by making forced statements that making the girl feel discouraged. " Dahyun explained.

Youngjae scoffed. “Dahyun ah, just cut your nonsense.”

“Yaaa, I’m telling the truth!”

“Is that from your own experience?” Yugyeom asked in curious.

“Mmm.. No, I read on the magazine..” Dahyun simply answered

Youngjae chuckled. “If only you use that time to read our text book instead.”

“Yaaa, are you jealous?” Dahyun asked Youngjae.

“No... I just don’t like you assuming something that is not necessarily true.." Youngjae responded casually but then he straightened his back as he asked Jihyo. "I’m more curious about something.. Do you—do you have a special relationship with your guardian?"

Jinyoung was surprised. “Jaebum Hyung?”

Youngjae nodded.

“Why?”

“No, it’s just.. He looked -- jealous.”

“Jealous??” Jinyoung laughed. “Jaebum hyung is my brother.. I think he didn’t jealous but mad.. He knows everything about me and Mina..”

Yugyeom said, “Talking about Mina, she’ll be back today..”.

Dahyun suddenly made a sigh. “I hope she doesn’t make a fuss again.”

 

-00-

 

After borrowing some books from library, Dahyun showed Jihyo a funny video while walking back to the class through a bridge that connecting the two buildings. They were laughing over the video and didn’t realize there was Mina from the opposite direction. Mina deliberately bumped at Dahyun so hard until almost making her fell. Fortunately Jihyo was fast enough to hold her. Mina was still walking pretending to not know what had happened, but Jihyo called her.

“Yaa Mina, what are you just doing?”

Mina turned her back slowly and smiled like a sweet girl. She walked closer to Jihyo and Dahyun still smiling, but then that smile disappeared in a second. Mina leaned closer to Dahyun and gave her a fierce look, “Did I tell you that if you take her side, you’ll become like her? I guess you’re deaf so you can’t hear what I’m saying, Kim Dahyun.”

Dahyun bent her head down, avoiding Mina’s gaze. Looking Dahyun scared, Jinyoung took control. “That’s enough Mina.”

Mina turned her head to look at Jihyo. “You must thank her a lot for helping you.. But you should know, that it’s just the same as taking her to a hell with you.. You made her to suffer for the rest of her times in this school..”

Jinyoung who couldn’t stand to hear Mina’s words, faced her closely. “I said that’s enough Mina! If you ever hurt Dahyun, it’s easy for us to go to Mayor’s office and give the recording to your father!”

Mina was taken aback by the mention of her father. “Don’t mention my dad!”

“Why not? Are you scared, uh?” Jinyoung asked in a challenging tone.

“If you ever mention my dad again, then I will—“

“Then what?” He cut Mina’s words.

Responded to it, Mina directly took Dahyun’s phone from her grab, and threw it to the ground.

She pointed out her finger to Jihyo and said, “Then I will make you to become just like that phone.” There was a time when Mina and Jihyo exchange gazes. Then Mina firmly said, “I’m not kidding.” She went away in anger leaving Jihyo and Dahyun speechless.

“She’s so scary..” Dahyun muttered as she looked at Mina’s back.

Jinyoung was thinking what the reason Mina become really sensitive every time they mentioned her dad. But his thought was distracted as he heard Dahyun grumbled, “Look at my phone there on the ground.. Aaaarggh.”

Dahyun showed her cute pout, making Jinyoung chuckled and caressed her hair. “It’s okay.. It’s okay.. Come on let’s take it..”

“But it’s crushed..” Dahyun was still acting like crying along the way.

 

-00-

 

The rest of school was fine, Mina didn’t make another fuss. She didn’t even make any eye contact with Jihyo or Dahyun.

I guess she’s really scared over my threat. Jinyoung thought in his mind while looking at Mina packing her belongings. But then Youngjae woke him up by saying, “Let’s go home, Jihyo..”

“Ah! Yeah..” Jihyo smiled and followed him to go outside.

 

After sending goodbye to Dahyun, Yugyeom and Bambam, Jihyo was walking alone with Youngjae.

“You’re going home, right?” Youngjae started the conversation while walking next to her.

Jinyoung nodded.

“Seems no one pick you up today..” Youngjae

Jinyoung chuckled. “I don’t need to be pick up..”

“But that hyung picked you up.”

“It’s just because he had free time..”

“Oh.. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter