Can You Hear My Heart

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 32: Can You Hear My Heart

 

The pre exam test was started, the students were given a question and answer sheet. And soon they focused on answering the question, but not for the three students. Mina havent filled the answer sheet as her hands were shivering, Youngjae couldnt help but to worry for her, and Jihyo couldnt take her mind off of Mina.

But suddenly, Mina put her hand up. "S-saem, may I go to the restroom?"

"Okay, just come back fast." Teacher Kwang answered casually. And then Mina bowed before walking out the class.

With that, Jihyo also put her hand up. "Saem, me too."

"No.. I only give permission for students to go to the restroom one by one. This is pre exam, I don't want you to cheat." Teacher Kwang told Jihyo.

Its not about cheating, Saem!" Jihyo insisted.

"Hish, you're so loud." The other students complained because Jihyo disrupted the exam.

Teacher Kwang told Jihyo softly. "Just hold it until Mina comeback."

Jihyo sat back in disappointment. She was worried so much about Mina. She scared that she might doing a stupid mistake.

 

She couldn't focus at all in exam, her eyes were fixed at her watch. One minute passed and it was like a million years for Jihyo. She couldn't take it anymore, she couldn't wait anymore. She put down her pen and directly ran away from the class, without teacher's permission. 

It felt like a dejavu, the feeling of nearly losing someone you loved crawling back again. Jihyo went straight to the restroom. But she didn't find Mina there. 

Where are you, Mina ya?

 

At the same time, Jinyoung was arguing with Scheduler in the rooftop. They were arguing about what should Jinyoung do to save Mina.

"What should we do, Hyungnim? Jinyoung was panic. Then he got an idea. Should I possess her?"

Scheduler widened his eyes. "Huh? Again???"

"Then what else?? I cant do anything except possessing her! You too! You can't do, anything! Should we just let her die??"

Scheduler took a deep breath before saying, "Okay, let's just try. I hope she doesn't have the same frequency with you, so you're not going to be trapped anymore."

That made Jinyoung hesitant. "But what if I be trapped again, hyungniiim??"

Scheduler was frustrated, so he could only reply with.. "Ah, I don't know!" 

Felt that the he need to act fast, Jinyoung decided to prioritize Mina. He took a deep breath before saying, "Okay, just think about it later. We should save her first."

When Jinyoung was getting ready to run and jump, the door suddenly opened.

"MINA YAAA!" Jihyo showed up.

 

Mina turned her head to look at Jihyo as Jihyo approached her.

"What are you doing? Just get down!" Worry was all over Jihyo's face.

Mina was in tears, she asked softly, "Why'd you come? Do you want to save me again?"

"Mina ya, please.. just get down now.." Jihyo pursued.

Mina faced forward, looking at far away while saying, "Don't save me now, Jihyo ya..This time  just let me go.."

"No." Jihyo responded fast and firm. "I would never let you go. You're strong, Mina. We're gonna get through this together.." 

"Get through this hell?" Mina chuckled. "I guess it won't be any different living in this hell or another hell if I died.. Maybe there would be better than living here."

"Mina ya, what are you talking about? Just get down.." Jihyo said as she walked closer.

But Mina turned her head, and made Jihyo stopped walking. She asked in teary eyes. "Doesn't it hard for you too? I'm living in this world just makes your life harder, right?"

"Yes, my life is hard. But its not only because of you.." Jihyo answered as she looked at Mina in the eyes. Then she reached out her hand, hoping that Mina would take it. "We'll talk about it once you get down, uhm?"

"No.. I can't get through this life anymore, Jihyo ya.. You shouldn't save me back then, so I don't need to face this.. I'm scared, Jihyo ya. Really scared when they were talking about my dad.. I'm scared that they will take him away from me.. he's all I have, Jihyo." Mina was sobbing so hard. She continued, "If he was taken away, then I don't have anyone else in this world. No one tied with me. No one wants me. So it won't be any different if I died."

"Then, what about me?" Jihyo responded fast and firm. "I want you to stay, I want you to live happily."

Mina turned her head and looked at Jihyo deeply. Slowly she asked, "Why'd you have to be so good to me, Jihyo ya? I don't deserve it.. I.. only give you hard time.."

"No. You give me a thing that I'm really grateful to have it." Jihyo said it softly. "Something called friendship."

Mina furrowed her eyebrows. "Friendship?"

"You are my best friend, Mina. Always." Jihyo said firmly.

Mina looked at Jihyo's eyes deeply before he turned and wiped her tears."What kind of best friend I am to .. to do those evil things to you.."

"You and I both know what actually happened for these times.. You.. want me to stay next to you, right?" Jihyo still tried to communicate with Mina as she get closer and closer to her. "You need me beside you.. but you don't know what you should do after that incident.. people's stare and people's thought forced you to make me stay next to you in a different way." Jihyo's eyes were still fixed on Mina's eyes. "You never bully me, Mina.. You and I both know.. every time you hurt me, you just hurt yourself."

"How.. how could you--"

"How could I know?" Jihyo finished the sentence Mina want to say. "Even though you fooled everyone, you  can never hide your pain from me, Mina.."

Mina's stare was weakened by listening to Jihyo's words.

Jihyo continued, "So, please, don't make all of our efforts to be wasted like this.. You have me. We'll get through this together.."

Mina then turned her head and faced forward. "No. I don't want to live like that again, Jihyo. I don't want to hurt you anymore I don't want to hurt myself.. let's just end it here, now.." With that Mina tried to lift her left feet and ready to jump. She almost fell but she could manage her stability.

Looking at that Jihyo asked, "Is that what you want?"

"Yeah.. I'm sorry Jihyo ya, I can't be a good friend for you.." Mina answered softly.

"Okay, if that's what you want." Jihyo told Mina firmly as she climbed up the edge of the wall, standing next to Mina.

Mina looked at Jihyo in horror. "What are you doing?!"

Jihyo simply answered, "Let's just die together." 

Listened to that, Jinyoung panic. "Jihyo yaa."

And it was not only Jinyoung, but also Youngjae who actually followed Jihyo since she went out of the class. He shouted, "PARK JIHYO!"

But Jihyo ignored both of them, she told Mina, "Yeah, lets just die together. We've both ever tried to end our life once, so it won't be any difficulty this time."

"What?" Mina was surprised by Jihyo's words, she never knew that Jihyo has ever tried to attempt suicidal. 

"Yeah, I've tried to end my life too when oppa left me. Just like this, standing on the edge of the building, ready to jump. So, let's go. Don't hesitate." Jihyo's eyes showed no fear. She has nothing left to lose, so the option to die was an easy choice for her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter