The End

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 43: The End


"Yaa Park Jihyo! Why should you tell Chef Mark about us?" Jinyoung screamed out as soon as he went inside the house.

Jihyo who was waiting for him already knew that Jinyoung will be mad. She responded calmly, "He deserves to know the truth.."

"You.. you don't know how sad Chef Mark after knowing the truth. I can't see him like that, Jihyo ya.." Jinyoung told Jihyo emotionally.

Jihyo replied firmly. "It's better than he was fooled."

Jinyoung furrowed his brows. "Fooled?"

"We fooled him, oppa. Both of us. I want to come clean. I don't want to live with this guilty feeling." Jihyo explained.

But Jinyoung argued. "You should bear with it, Jihyo. At least that you can do to keep his heart at ease. You're so selfish."

Jinyoung's words made Jihyo angry. "Selfish? You're the one who selfish, oppa! How dare you to possess me without my consent and decided everything on your own!"

"Park Jihyo!" Jinyoung didn't realize that he yelled at her.

And it only made Jihyo get angrier. "I know he must having a hard time after knowing the truth, but I'm also having a hard time, oppa.." Jihyo started to shed a tear. "You don't know how it hurts to know that the one you loved is actually love someone else.."

Jinyoung got more confused. "What do you mean, Jihyo ya?"

Jihyo looked at Jinyoung deeply as she said, "Jaebum ssi likes you, not me!"

But that made him jumped in surprise. "What??"

"He liked me when you possessed me, oppa.."

"That's impossible."

Jihyo directly responded. "That's possible! Chef Mark too. And you must have seen it, how he broke down because of you."

"Wait, are you also tell Jaebum Hyung?"

"Yeah. I also told him."

With that, Jinyoung was yelling again. "Are you crazy??"

"YEAH, I'M CRAZY! This makes me crazy!" Jihyo yelled back.

At that time, Scheduler showed up and tried to calm them. "Ya.. yaa.. stop it.. stop it.. what's wrong with you guys?"

But no one answered Sungjin's question, they still stared at each other in anger. That made Sungjin grabbed Jinyoung's hand and said, "Let's go, Jinyoung ah.. You need to calm yourself.." He turned and told Jihyo, "Jihyo ya, you should calm yourself too.."

Then, they went out the house and disappeared from Jihyo sight, leaving Jihyo crying by herself.


-00-


Sungjin brought him to the park, and there Jinyoung asked, "Hyung, is this okay?"

"About Jihyo telling them the truth?" Sungjin asked back.

Jinyoung nodded.

Sungjin replied calmly. "That's okay.."

Jinyoung pursed his lips, didn't satisfied with Sungjin's answer. "Doesn't it means we revealed the secret of afterlife?"

Sungjin now understood why Jinyoung didn't want other person to know the truth. He turned his body to fully face Jinyoung. "How do you think people know about 49 days afterlife? It's word of mouths, from time to time. Don't worry, it doesn't affect the life itself."

Jinyoung felt relieved, but somehow regretted. "I should've told them earlier, and didn't make Jihyo to be burden by it."

"Now are you regret for being mad at Jihyo?"

Jinyoung still denied it. "I don't know.. I still think it's better to hide this truth.. They must be so confused now.."

Listened to Jinyoung's answer, Sungjin made a tsk. "You are selfless to other person but selfish to Jihyo. Don't force Jihyo to become like you and only think about others, she deserves to think about herself too. Remember, she's also having a hard time because of this mess."

With that Jinyoung bent his head down. "You're right. I should prioritize her." He made a sigh before looking up. "Should I apologize to her?"

Sungjin nodded. "You should. But not now, let her to calm herself."


-00-


Because of his guilty feeling, Jinyoung went to Jaebum's house. He saw him sleeping on the sofa with cans of beer thrown around. Jinyoung sat next to the sleeping Jaebum and stared at him. He was completely broke down.

"Jaebum Hyung.. I'm sorry.. I do still believe that you like Jihyo sincerely. Don't be confused because of me. I hope you can cheer her up again. And thank you so much for everything you gave and did to me."

Jinyoung tried to hold his tears as he got up and bowed. "Thank you so much Hyung.."


-00-


In the morning, Jihyo was picked up by her parents to go to school. As they went there, Jihyo's mom noticed that her daughter has puffy eyes. She asked, "Were you crying all night long?"

"No.." Jihyo answered softly.

"Is this because of that boy again?" Her mom asked again.

"No, mo--."

Even before she finished her words, Jihyo got cut by her dad. "That boy? Tell dad which one the boy who make you cry.."

Jihyo directly replied, feeling scared that his dad will do something to Youngjae. "No, dad.. It's okay.."

Looking the change in his daughter's expression, his dad laughed before saying, "Don't worry, dad won't beat him up. We're just going to talk." He stole glance by the rear view. "Fight between couple is normal. What you have to do is understanding each other, put your trust on your partner. Don't be like dad and mom, we lost you because we lack in understanding."

Jihyo bent her head down and said, "Yes, dad.."


After a few moment, they reached school. Jihyo came out from the car and bowed to her parents. "I'll go inside."

But then someone approached and greeted as he bowed. "Anyeonghaseyo."

Jihyo directly made a sigh as soon as she noticed the one who came.

"Oh! Here he is, Jihyo's boy.." Jihyo's mom greeted Youngjae back.

"Ah, so this is the one who make my daughter cry?" Jihyo's dad directly made a fierce look, but then he slung his arm on Youngjae's shoulder as he said, "Man, you should be more understanding.. Girl is pretty sensitive.."

Youngjae was clueless about this situation, so he just nodded along.

Jihyo's mom told him softly, "I believe you can make her smile again, like what you did last time.."

Youngjae nodded and smiled. "Ah, yes.. Don't worry, she'll back to smile again, soon.."

With Youngjae's answer, Jihyo stole glance to Youngjae in disbelief, but he looked relax.

Then Jihyo's parents let her and Youngjae to go inside the school and bade goodbye.


As they went to the building, Jihyo asked, "What are you just saying to my parents?"

Youngjae sighed. "Haven't you told them the truth? Seems they still misunderstand me as your boyfriend.."

Jihyo didn't answer and only pursed her lips..

"Why? Why'd you give me that long face? Is it because Jaebum Hyung? Have you told him?" Youngjae bombarded her with questions.

But Jihyo answered softly. "Yeah.. I have told him and also Chef Mark.."

"They must had mental breakdown." Youngjae commented.

Jihyo nodded.

As they walked the corridor, Youngjae told Jihyo. "Don't worry, it will get better as the time goes by.." He stole a glance at Jihyo and said, "Now, just cheer up and live your life."

But Jihyo was bending her head down as she muttered, "Life is hard."

With that, Youngjae stopped walking and stared at Jihyo.

Jihyo continued, "Seems like everything I did was a mistake."

"Why'd you say that?" Youngjae asked in confuse.

Jihyo looked up and answered, "I had a fight with my oppa."

"Your oppa?"

"He was mad at me because I revealed the truth. He told me that I'm selfish. Am I selfish, Youngjae ya? He's the one who selfish."

Listened to Jihyo's grumble, Youngjae made a tsk. "Why on earth should you fight with your oppa just because of that? At a time like this, you should spend good times with him, filled it with happy memories. Don't you forget that he will leave soon?"

Jihyo was surprised. "Leave?"

"Remember, he only have 49 days in this world. And he spent the most of it when possessing you." Youngjae told Jihyo in relax.

But it made Jihyo panic. "Ah, what should I do?"

Youngjae put his hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her and said, "Go meet him and apologize."

Jihyo nodded and then started to walk outside. But after few steps, she walked back to Youngjae and hugged him. "Thank you, Jae.."

Youngjae was surprised by Jihyo action, but it didn't make him blush, instead it made him warm.

They apart and smiled to each other. With that, Jihyo ran outside. Her mind was full of Jinyoung, until she ignored Bambam whom she met in the halfway.


Knowing that Youngjae was still standing in his position, Bambam approached him and asked, "Where is she going?"

"Skip school.." Youngjae answered calmly.

But Bambam jumped in surprise. "What?? Jihyo is skipping school? Woah, should I also skip school today?"

Youngjae smirked and dragged him to the class. "You better follow me."

"Yaaa!"


-00-

 

Jihyo ran to her rooftop house and opened the door in rush. "Oppaaa!" She directly screamed out his name. "Jinyoung Oppa, where are you?" He went to check the bedroom and bathroom, but still couldn't find her brother. She was started to cry. "Oppa, don't leave.."

That was the time Jinyoung showed up with Scheduler. Jihyo directly ran to him and hugged him.
"Oppaaa"

Jinyoung was worried. "Is something happened, Jihyo ya?"

Jihyo apart from the hug and told her brother. "I'm sorry.. I should have understand you, oppa.."

Jinyoung needed a couple of seconds to understand what his sister mean. Then he said, "Hey, it's my mistake.. I should have prioritized you, Jihyo ya.." Jinyoung wiped her tears and asked, "But, are you skipping school?"

Jihyo nodded firmly. "I want to spend time with you.. "

"Spend time with me?" Jinyoung was chuckled. "What's the occasion?"

"Because... you will leave soon, won't you?"

Jihyo's question made Jinyoung realize that he will leave this world soon. He turned to Scheduler and asked, "When will I leave, Hyung?"

"This Saturday.." answered Sungjin softly.

"Aah." Jinyoung was trying to hide his sadness by showing them smile as he asked, "Okay then, where will you go?"

Jihyo was thinking for a while before asking, "How about we go to Busan?"

"Busan??" Jinyoung was surprised.

"I want to visit mom and dad.." Jihyo said softly.

Jinyoung then turned to Sungjin and asked, "Hyung, can you teleport Jihyo and I there?"

"I can't teleport with living human." Sungjin answered shortly.

"Should I posses her again?"

Listened to Jinyoung's question, Sungjin directly snapped his back. "Ya, are you crazy?!"

Jihyo was naturally laughing to see their interaction. She gave idea, "Let's just go conventional by train, uhm?"

"But it will take long time.." Jinyoung said.

"That's good, I want to spend long loong time with you.." Jihyo smiled as she linked her arm on Jinyoung's and her other arm on Sungjin. "You too, oppa.."

"Okay then! Let's go!"


They went to Seoul station and bought 3 tickets because Jihyo really wanted to make this trip like a real trip with her brothers. Jihyo sat next to the window while Jinyoung was next to her and Sungjin was in front of her. They spent 3 hours train ride with talking and laughing, ignoring how people stared at Jihyo strangely.


-00-


While Jihyo spent times with her brothers, there was one guy who spent time alone standing in front of the ash compartment.

He made a light bow before making a glance to the chrysantemum in front of the compartment. He made a light smile. "Che

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter