Always Here

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 46: Always here (Final)

 

How is he doing these days?

Does he get fight with his senior like he did with Chef Mark?

Does he meet another girl?

Does he giving her care like he gave to me?

What if she fall for him?

Does he still love me?

Why do I keep thinking about him?

How do I get over him when he took away everything I held to be true?

I miss him

I wonder if he feel it too..

 

"Happy Birthday, Jihyo ya.." Jaebum's voice woke Jihyo up from her own thought. The thought of the questions that she always asked to herself every time she was thinking about Jaebum.

But this time, Jaebum was standing in front of her. His hand was opened, waiting for Jihyo to hold it. Jihyo slowly reached his hand. It was warm. It was still warm like it used to be. Jihyo felt like the tears wanting to fall but she held it will all she could. She was longing for his touch and this time she didn't want to let it go away. But in the reality, she couldn't do anything when Jaebum let go off her hand and introduced someone next to her.

 "She's Baek Ahyeon, my teammate in the cooking school.."

"I'm Ahyeon.." That girl reached Jihyo's hand which still hanging on the air. "Nice to meet you.. and Happy birthday, sorry that I follow along here.. I hope you don't mind if I join the party.." She was smiling to Jihyo.

But Jihyo could only force a smile as she responded, "Ah, it's.. it's okay.."

In order to melt the awkwardness between Jihyo and the girl, Mrs. Park invited Jaebum and Ahyeon to sit. "Please sit here.."

Jaebum exchanged short greetings to Youngjae and Jackson before he sat next to Mark and Ayeon sat next to him.

And then the waitresses brought the meals to the table as they were ready to start the birthday party. Seaweed soup, Soba Salad, Grilled Short Ribs, Lettuce Wraps, Radish Cube Kimchi, Anchovy and the other Side Dishes were served in the table. Then everyone harmoniously said wooaah as Mr. Park came with a huge bottle of ginseng wine.

"Here.." Mr. Park put it in the center of the table, and everyone was stared at it in awe.

"Okay, let's just start singing now.." Mr. Park was excitedly ask everyone to sing.

But Mrs. Park stopped him with reminding him, "The cake isn't here yet.."

"Oh? Where is Brian? He's the one who want to bring it here.." Mr. Park was looking for Brian, but he wasn't in the dining room. He tilted his head to the kitchen and screamed, "Brian, come here.. bring the cake.."

Everyone was also tilting their head to the kitchen but Brian wasn't around. Mr. Park even had to call his name again to make him come out.

He came out from behind the wall and grinned foolishly as he held the cake.

Seeing that the cake has come, Mr. Park led everyone to sing a birthday song. Brian walked closer and put the birthday cake on the table in front of Jihyo. As they finished singing, her mom asked her to make a wish before blowing the candle, but Jihyo argued. She said that she had made a wish in the morning but her mom insisted her to make another wish. Everyone was laughing to see Jihyo arguing with her mom in the middle of the party. But Jihyo was tired for wishing, moreover when she knew that her wish won't come true. He's coming back, but with another girl. What should I wish for now?

Jihyo stole a glance at Jaebum before she closed her eyes and acting like she make a wish. After a moment, she opened her eyes and blew the candle, with everyone's clapping as the background.

Didn't wait Jihyo to slice the cake and give it to the guest, Mr. Park took the bottle of ginseng wine and said, "Let's forget the cake.. The sign of you come to legal age is THIS.." He took a shot glass and poured the wine. "Drink it, Jihyo ya.."

Jihyo nervously took the glass and looked at her father. Her father nodded, convinced her that it was okay.

Then Jihyo looked at the glass and drank it in one shot. Everyone was clapping as Jihyo felt the burning kicking sensation in as the after effect of the wine. But somehow she liked it. It explained how she felt right now, burning.

And then her father was talking to the guests, "For those who have reached the legal age, take your glass and have a drink.. And for those who haven't reached legal age, grab your cola and CHEERS.."

With that, everyone was raising the glasses and cola and then drank it together.

"I want to taste it too..." Yugyeom protested.

"You should wait for your legal age, Yug.." Momo mocked him as she held high her shot glass.

"Me too.. I'm done with this cola.." Bambam was sulking.

With that, everyone was laughing to see the kids’ reaction. Mina even added, "You should accompany Dahyun, she's still drinking the cola now.."

Everyone moved their attention to Dahyun who was still drinking the cola. They laughed. Momo even added, "Of course, kid matched with a kid.." Her words brought laughter to the room.

But Jihyo was silent. She didn't laugh. Jihyo knew that it was only a joke, or maybe because the feeling she felt right now, but somehow she was mad by the words. Kid matched with kid. So, I don't match with him, do I?

The hyper Jackson even had to ask, "Oi Jaebum Hyung, you haven't introduce the pretty girl on your side.."

Everyone now moved their attention to the girl next to Jaebum.

Jaebum casually answered, "I have introduced her before.. you just don't listen, Jack.."

"Really? Then just introduce her again.. Is she your girl?" Jackson but got smacked by Youngjae.

Listened to Jackson's question, Jihyo bent her head down, she was afraid to hear Jaebum respond.

But the one who responded was not Jaebum but Ahyeon.

"Don't mistaken me as his girl.. We're just a friend.." She calmly explained.

Jihyo was looking up at her as she listened to what she said.

Ahyeon continued, "Really.. I came along here is actually wanting to meet my old friend, Kang Younghyun.."

"Kang Younghyun??" Everyone was looking around searching for a clue who Kang Younghyun is, except Mark and the other person.

"Brian??" Mark asked back as he looked at Brian who sat next to Bambam.

And Brian could only hid his face. Meanwhile, Jihyo was questioning in her head, she came to meet Chef Brian?

"Hey, I came here to see you, Bri.. don't hide your face.." Ahyeon casually talked to Brian.

With that, Jackson screamed at Brian. "OH! Don't tell me she's your ex whom you wrote the song?"

Jihyo was surprised. Ex??

Didn't deny what Jackson say, Ahyeon asked Brian, "You wrote a song for me?"

Brian covered his face, he didn't expect to meet his ex-girlfriend in this moment.

Looking at how embarrassed Brian was, Ahyeon chuckled before saying, "Let's talk about it later, because now..." She turned to see Jaebum and said, "It's your time.."

Jaebum took a deep breath before standing up and said, "Mmm actually I'm not good at talking.." Everyone was paying the attention at him, including Jihyo. Jaebum continued, "And you're all must be still confuse to see me since I'm just coming back." He paused to scratch his nape before saying, "But I think this is the best opportunity since you're all here.. "

Everyone was clueless at the meaning of what Jaebum say, including Jihyo.

But then Jaebum walked closer to her. He stopped right in front of her and offering his hand, waiting for Jihyo to hold it.

Jihyo was confused. Her heart was beating so fast expecting what would happen next. But he believed Jaebum, with that she held his hand and Jaebum assisted her to stand up.

Standing face to face, Jihyo saw Jaebum closely, looking for a clue of what would he do. But Jaebum was only smiling, assuring that everything will be alright. Then, he took something out from his pocket and opened it while asking, "Jihyo ya, will you be my future wife?"

Jihyo was astonished. Her mind was blank. She thought that it was a dream, because Jaebum was standing in front of her with a box of ring necklace. But he even added, "I know you must be surprised, I came suddenly and asking you this, but.. I have dreaming it for long.. and I don't want you only to be my girlfriend.. I want to have a serious relationship with you.. I want you in my life, now and in the future.. so, yes, I'm proposing you in front of all the people who care for you to show them my commitment.." Jaebum took a deep breath before asking again, "So, will you?"

Jihyo was staring at Jaebum's eyes for a moment, she was looking for a further explanation of this. There were so many questions in her head that wasn't answered only by that short explanation. Moving from Jaebum's stare, Jihyo turned to see her friends cheering at her happily. Jackson was signing her to accept the proposal. Everything moved in a slow motion. Even how Youngjae nodded as he gave support Jihyo to accept the proposal. And how her parents were smiling at her. Everything moved so slow, until it was frozen, and she was the only one who can move. At that time she thought, Is it a prank? Does everyone know? And I'm the only fool here..

With that, Jihyo shook her head and decided to run away, leaving them all.

 Realizing that Jihyo went away, Jaebum was screaming out her name. "Jihyo yaaa.." But he still confused, so his feet couldn't obey his brain to chase her.

Until Mr. Park needed to tell him. "Chase her.."

With that, he came back to reality and ran to chase her. "Jihyo ya, wait.."

He ran with all his heart, and he finally could grab Jihyo's hand and made her to face him. "Jihyo yaa.."

Jihyo directly shoved his hand. "What's this, Jaebum ssi? Are you joking with me right now?"

"I'm not joking, I'm serious, Jihyo.." Jaebum tried to explain.

But Jihyo didn't buy it. "You left me, gone for months, and now come back and propose me? Are you playing me?"

"I'm not playing you." Jaebum said it firmly. "I have a reason why I never call you, Jihyo.. I have a reason for all of this, so why don't you listen to me for a while?"

Jihyo was crying, all the emotion she held now reaching the . She wiped it directly, didn't want Jaebum see it. She didn't want Jaebum know that she was weak.

But Jaebum slowly reached her hand again and softly said, "Let's go.. I'll take you there.."

"Where?" Jihyo asked shortly.

"To the place I'll give you explanation.." Jaebum answered as he led the way.

 

-00-

 

Jihyo was wondering where the place Jaebum will taking her, but turned out the place he meant was beyond her expectation.

"Oppa?" Jihyo asked as they arrived in front of Jinyoung and Sungjin's ashes compartment.

Jaebum nodded. "This is started from your oppa.."

Jihyo was surprised. How can her oppa help her this time?

"Remember the night when I was waiting for you at the rooftop? The night when I told you that I wanted to take the course abroad, do you remember?"

 

Flashback.

Jaebum looked at Jihyo deeply as he said, "As I leave, I want you to stay happy, Jihyo ya. And I just want to say that I think you'll be a good Chef. Your first Bolognese pasta was a really delicious." Jaebum gave Jihyo a thumb up.

Somehow it made Jihyo teary.

"Someday, if I have given a chance, I want to be a Chef you would like to learn from.. Just like you learned from Chef Mark."

Jaebum's sad smile in the end of his words made Jihyo struggling to hold her tears. But she tried so hard to be strong. "Yes, Jaebum ssi.. I hope the best for you. I really like to see you to be a great Chef even more than Chef Mark.."

Jihyo tried to hide her sadness by smiling. Jaebum smiled back at her as he caressed Jihyo's hair full of affection.

"Then, good night.." He got up and waved goodbye to Jihyo.

As Jaebum turned his back at Jihyo, tears were falling to his cheeks. He knew that he will miss Jihyo so much. But he acted strong and walked away from Jihyo.

But right after he arrived in front of his flat, he poured his emotion. He leaned his forehead on the door while crying freely. It was hard for him, but he thought that it was the best for both of him and Jihyo.

But then, as he got calmer, there was someone who called him.

"Heey.."

Jaebum turned his head to see Brian was standing behind him. "Oh, Brian Hyung? What are you doing here?"

"Do you need a drinking buddy?" Brian answered Jaebum's question with asking another question.

But the way Brian smile and acting like holding a shot glass when he offered Jaebum to be his drinking buddy was reminding him about someone. Jaebum shook his head, he thought he must be crazy.

He nodded to Brian and followed him to a soju stall near the house.

"What bring you here, Hyung?" Jaebum asked Brian as he poured soju in Brian's glass.

Brian drank it in one shot before answering, "I can't let you go suddenly like this.." This time, he was the one who poured soju in Jaebum's glass. He continued, "Syd-ney? I don't know where it is, but it must be far, isn't it?"

Jaebum drank the soju in one shot before responding, "Don't you the one who recommended me that Sydney is the best at seafood?"

"Really?" Brian was flustered by Jaebum's words. He thought for a moment, then he sighed before saying, "Uh.. okay.. Seems I really have to tell you.."

Jaebum tilted his head, "Tell me, what?"

Brian took a deep breath before answering, "I'm not Brian Hyung.."

Jaebum frowned,feeling confused with what Brian say. "Not Brian Hyung? Then?" He thought for a moment, then he realized. "Oh My God.." He didn't expect that what he thought before was true.

Brian smiled. "It's me Jinyoung.."

Jaebum opened his eyes widely, "J-Jinyoung? Really?"

Jinyoung nodded firmly. "Ne, Hyung.. It's me.. I possessed Brian Hyung's body to say goodbye to you.."

"Goodbye?"

"I have to leave soon, my 49 days nearly ends. But I think I need to talk to you before I go.." He added, "before you go too.."

With that, Jaebum bent his head down, remembering that he should go.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth about me possessing Jihyo.. But thank you so much for staying by my side, Hyung.. You're really a great guardian.." Jinyoung smiled as he gave him a thumb up.

Jaebum looked at Brian deeply, trying to see him as Jinyoung. "Jinyoung ah.."

But before Jaebum could say anything, Jinyoung took the chance to ask, "Do you love Jihyo, Hyung?"

Jaebum was startled by his question. He always worried how Jinyoung would react if he found out that he loves his sister. But Jaebum answered it with, "I do.."

Jinyoung leaned closer as he asked, "Why don't you tell me before? I mean, you don't even ask my permission to dating my little sister.."

"I'm sorry.. I should've gone to the crematorium and ask your permission.. No, I should've told you earlier, that I had feeling for your sister" Jaebum sighed. "But now it doesn't matter anymore.. We broke up.."

Jinyoung was also sighing. "Jihyo is still confuse about your feeling.."

Jaebum bent his head down. "I know.. I was confused too.."

With that, Jinyoung blurted out. "What? Do you ever thinking that you like me, Hyung?"

Jaebum was acting serious. "Of course, it's confusing to differentiate your feeling for someone who was a mixed of your love and your best friend.." Then he laughed. "But now I'm sure that I love her.. I only like you as my best friend, Nyoung.. Don't be disappointed."

Jinyoung chuckled. "You really like to joke.." Then he asked, "So why don't you convince her but leave?"

"I've tried, but she didn't believe me.."Jaebum answered. "And about study abroad, I have planned it since long time ago.. you know it too, don't you?"

Jinyoung nodded, then asked, "But what will you do about your feeling? Will you let it go just like this?"

Jaebum rubbed his face in frustration. "I don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter