You

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 40: You


Youngjae shifted closer and showed the picture of Jihyo in the park and when she became a model back to back. "Look. It's you back then.." He swapped his phone screen ad said, " ... and this one is you recently. You don't notice something?"

Jihyo was confused. "Uhm?"

Youngjae heaved a heavy sigh before saying, "You're the same. You are back then and now is the same."

Listened to that, Jihyo was silent.

"So don't think that you are a different person, Jihyo ya.." Youngjae told her casually. He even added, "That body is yours."

With that last sentence, Jihyo looked up in disbelief. She was stuttering to ask, "Do.. do you--"

"Know?" Youngjae finished the sentence. He smiled before saying, "Yeah, I know. That you were possessed by your oppa's spirit.."

Jihyo was froze to hear that. Slowly she asked, "H-how do you know?"

Youngjae explained, "It was when you sprained your leg after we went to the hill. I rested for a moment in your house. After having one cup of ramyeon, I went inside you room and found that you were sleeping. As I wanted to get out from the room, there was something caught my attention." He turned to see Jihyo and said, "It was your diary.. no, it was your oppa's diary."

Jihyo was surprised, she didn't know that there is another person who know about the diary.

Youngjae explained more. "I'm sorry that I read it without your permission.. but from there I found out the truth.. A shocking truth that you were possessed by your oppa." He chuckled before continuing, "I was having a mental breakdown that time. It was really non sense, moreover -you know- I'm kind of scared with ghost. I really wanted to not believe it. But as I read it, every single questions in my head was answered. The missing puzzle has completed. It fitted the story perfectly."

As Jihyo listened to what Youngjae saying, she remembered the first time she read the diary. She felt the same way. That it was unbelievable, but somehow it could explain what actually happen to her.

"As I watched you sleeping, Jihyo ya.. I thought how could it possible that the girl in front of me is possessed by a ghost? I must be crazy.. I told myself." He laughed a bit before changing his facial expression as he continued, "But then I felt sad.. It must be hard for you and your oppa to share body and spirit. It made me really want to do something to help, but what can I do?"

Jihyo was still listening carefully every words Youngjae said.

"I thought about it all day and night. What I can do to help you.. But no matter how hard I thought, I have no power to help you." He sighed. "But then.. I found another way to help you. There is someone else who can help you"

Jihyo opened her eyes widely as she asked, "Jaebum ssi?"

Youngjae nodded "He's the most possible person who can help you.. and I know that he loves you sincerely. So, why don't I try?" He smiled before continuing, "I told him a white lie that you were sick.. and as I predicted, he was going crazy."

He laughed over his own sentence, but Jihyo didn't laugh. It wasn't funny for her. She couldn't believe the fact that Youngjae help her without her knowing.

"I'm surely a genius, Jihyo ya! because Tada! You came out." Youngjae told it excitedly. "You know, when I found out that you were back, I got a mixed feeling.. I was grateful that you finally can get your life back, but at the same time I.. I was sad that you forgot me.."

It reminded Jihyo the time Youngjae ask whether she remembered him or not, and all she could say just that she only remembered him as her classmate.

"But your oppa has made me promise to stay next yo you no matter what, so here we are now.." Youngjae ended the story with a smile.

He casually sipped his chocolate milkshake as Jihyo still stared at him in disbelief.

Youngjae turned and looked at Jihyo. "Since I have known your secret, I guess I have to tell you my secret too."

Jihyo tilted her heas. "Your secret?"

Youngjae nodded. "It's actually quite long story. But in the beginning I want to tell you about Jaebum Hyung.."

Jihyo opened her eyes widely. "Jaebum ssi??"

"Uhuh. I met him way before I get closed to you. It was after I attend my parents divorce trial. It was a hard day for me. I extremely mad and disappointed with my mom. How can a woman ignore her own son and her husband just to chase over money? She left us for having a better life on her own. I hate her. I hate woman." Youngjae explained as he looked at front, tried to suppress his anger.

"But then something happened. In the subway station, I saw a grandma on the wheelchair having difficulty to go to the ground floor upstairs. She was looking for someone to help her, but no one giving attention. A part of my heart told me to help her, but its other part told me that maybe it was her karma for abandoning her family back when she was young, like my mom." Youngjae looked down before he continued. "I was hesitate, but I kept my eyes on her. Out of all the people who were passing around, there was one person who finally paying attention to the grandma. But she was a pregnant woman with a big belly. I scowled, what's use of her approaching the grandma if she can't help. Typically woman, if not stupid then must be bothersome." Youngjae glanced at Jihyo as he asked, "I sound like a ist huh?"

Youngjae was laughing, but Jihyo kept paying attention to the story he told, where all of this related to Jaebum.

Then he continued, "I remained silent as I stood watching them. Somehow I couldn't go away, leaving them, but I also couldn't go, approaching them. Until finally there was a man who approached them and offered to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter