Erase

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 27: Erase

 

Jihyo slowly opened her eyes. As she was shocked to see Jaebum kissing her, she shoved him in reflect. For a moment she closed her eyes again, couldn’t bear the intense pain coming from her head.

“Jihyo ya, are you okay?” Jaebum stepped closer to ask Jihyo, but Jihyo only gave him a strange look.

She looked at Jaebum like he was a stranger.

Jaebum was surprised that Jihyo looked at him that way, but then Jihyo even looked around in a strange way, like she didn’t know where she was, why she was here.

Suddenly Jihyo wanted to run, but Jaebum was fast enough to hold her. Once again, she shoved Jaebum’s grip on her hands like she didn’t know him. Jaebum was astonished. It was indeed so strange for him. He couldn’t do anything but to watch Jihyo running away.

 

Jinyoung was also standing silently, having a mental breakdown. He still couldn’t believe that he successfully get out from Jihyo’s body. He just realized that it was real when he saw Jihyo running away. That time he directly called Scheduler.

“Hyungniiiimm..”

Scheduler showed up in a blink of an eye and asked, “Why?” But before Jinyoung could answer, Scheduler noticed. “You’ve come out???”

“Hyungnim, Jihyo Hyungnim...” Jinyoung was panic since Jihyo started to disappear from his sight.

Scheduler directly took Jinyoung’s hand and teleported.

 

They decided to follow Jihyo silently.

“Hyungnim, what should we do? She look so confuse..” Jinyoung was still panic. He worried that there will be something bad to Jihyo since he possessed her body for too long.

But Scheduler remained calm. “We can’t do anything but to follow her. Let her to calm her mind.”

Jihyo was beyond confused. In another words, she was disoriented. It was like having a vertigo, everything were spinning around. Car seems moving faster, building seems taller, and people faces were blurry. And her head was giving such an intense pain for her.

Jinyoung didn’t have a heart to see Jihyo experienced that pain because of him. He asked Scheduler many times what he can do to help Jihyo, but Scheduler’s answer were the same. “We can’t do anything, Jinyoung ah. It’s the consequences she had to bear. It’s only temporary, don’t worry.” He told Jinyoung firmly.

 

And Scheduler was right. All of the pain and disorientation was only temporary, because in a moment Jihyo suddenly stopped walking. She looked around and it wasn’t spinning anymore, she could see people faces clearly now. And she directly thinking of someone. Oppa..

Jihyo started running again.

Scheduler and Jinyoung were following her.

 

And she went to the place none other than her home.

There, Jaebum was already waiting for her in worry. But Jihyo walked passed Jaebum and went straight to the door.

“Jihyo ya..” Jaebum called her but she ignored him and closed the door.

 

As Jihyo went inside the house, she directly called Jinyoung. “Oppaaa..”

Jinyoung who saw her calling his name directly grabbed Scheduler’s arm and started to rant again, “Hyungnim, she forget that I die, what should we do?”

Scheduler didn’t answer and only observed Jihyo.

Jihyo went to the kitchen, opened the bedroom’s door, and also the bathroom, but she couldn’t find Jinyoung. She called him again, “Jinyoung opaaa...”

“Hyungniiiim, ottokeee?” Jinyoung was impatience. He really worried about Jihyo.

Scheduler then softly said, “I think it’s the time for you to talk to her..”

“Talk to her? She can see me??” Jinyoung opened his eyes widely couldn’t believe what he just heard.

“She might be. You possessed her body for too long, Jinyoung ah. The probability is big. Just try it.” Scheduler told Jinyoung.

“But she can’t see me now..” Jinyoung asked again.

“That’s because I’m still holding your hands. Everything that I hold, human can’t see it.” Scheduler’s answer making Jinyoung to see his own hands. He didn’t realize that this entire time, Scheduler were holding his right hand.

“Are you ready?” Scheduler asked Jinyoung.

Jinyoung took a deep breath before nodding. “Yes.”

 

Then, slowly Scheduler released his grip on Jinyoung.

“Jihyo ya...” Jinyoung called Jihyo softly.

Jihyo turned around and directly ran to hug Jinyoung. But she was beyond shock to know that she couldn’t hug him. To know that her arms was going through Jinyoung’s body. To know that Jinyoung’s body was transparent.

Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows while asking, “O-oppa... What happened with your body?”

Jinyoung tried so hard not to cry. But it was indeed hard for him to tell Jihyo that he already died.

“Oppa?” Jihyo asked again as she looked at him in the eyes.

Jinyoung finally said, “I died, Jihyo ya.. I already dead.”

Jihyo was taken aback. She stepped farther as she couldn’t believe what Jinyoung say.

“D-die?”

“Yes, Jihyo ya...” Jinyoung answered as tears running down his cheek.

“You must be joking. How can you die when I can talk to you like this?” Jihyo asked in disbelieve.

“It’s a long story, Jihyo ya..”

“This must be a dream.. Yeah, this must be. Everything was strange since the beginning.. I must be dreaming.” Jihyo tried to wake her up by slapping her cheek.

“It’s not a dream, Jihyo ya..” Jinyoung wanted to stop Jihyo but he couldn’t hold her hand.

Jihyo who saw that Jinyoung’s hand going through her hands were shocked again. She shook her head while screaming, “No. No. Please stop joking!”

“I’m not joking! I’m a ghost now!” Jinyoung didn’t realize that he screamed back at Jihyo.

Jihyo who still couldn’t accept the fact that her brother is died, tried to look for Jinyoung again. She went to the kitchen again, to the bedroom again, and to the bathroom again searching for Jinyoung. “Oppa, please come out! This isn’t funny! YOUR TRICK IS NOT FUNNY OPPA!!”

Jinyoung who saw that Jihyo went around the house multiple times just looking for him, slowly broke down. He knelt down and begged softly while crying. “Jihyo ya please accept the fact that I died..”

Jihyo stopped searching and saw Jinyoung knelt down in front of her. She shook her head while whispering, “No... No.. It’s impossible.. Oppa would never leave me..”

Jinyoung looked up and caught his sister’s eyes. It was breaking to see her cry because of him, again.

 

-00-

 

Jihyo sat on the floor next to her bed while hugging her knees. Her forehead crinkles in confusion. She still couldn’t understand any single thing happened today.

Jinyoung approached her and sat in front of her. Slowly he said, “Can you see that book on your desk?”

Jihyo stole a glance to the direction Jinyoung told.

“That’s my diary. I wrote everything happened when I was possessing your body. Just read it and you’ll figure out what actually happened to you... To us.” Jinyoung told Jihyo.

But Jihyo shook her head. “Why should I obey you? You’re not my oppa..” Jihyo looked at Jinyoung and said, “You’re only a ghost that pretend to be my oppa.”

“Jihyo ya, please..”

“Jinyoung oppa is still in the restaurant, now. But he’ll be home soon..” Jihyo insisted.

Jinyoung couldn’t help but to give up. He understood that it must be hard for Jihyo to accept the reality.

 

But the reality hit her hard. An hour passed, two hours passed, three hours passed, and even sun were staring to rise, Jinyoung still didn’t come back from the restaurant. Of course, because the one Jihyo waiting for was actually beside her since the beginning.

“Your oppa is here, Jihyo ya. Your oppa is me.” Jinyoung told Jihyo firmly.

And that was when Jihyo started to cry again. She cried so hard, like a part of her still didn’t want to accept this all, but the other told her that this is the reality.

 

When Jihyo was a lot calmer, Jinyoung reminded her again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter