Know

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 39: Know


"Youngjae yaa!" Called Jaebum on the phone.

"What's up, Hyung?" Youngjae greeted across the phone.

"What's wrong with Jihyo actually? Why on earth she wanted to break up?!" Jaebum's words were pretty unclear.

Break up? Youngjae opened his eyes widely. "Hyung, are you drunk? Where are you?"

"I'm in the mini market near the restaurant." Answered Jaebum casually before he sipped his beer.

"Wait, I'll be there.." With that Youngjae hang up the phone and went out, going to meet Jaebum.

 


Reaching the mini market, Youngjae sighed as he saw Jaebum was laying his head on the table with 3 cans of beer next to him.

Youngjae went inside the mini market to buy a coke before going out and sitting in front of Jaebum.

Jaebum looked up and saw Youngjae. "Oh Youngjae ya. You came."

"What's going on, Hyung?" Youngjae asked casually.

"I don't know! I don't have any idea why she suddenly asked to break up."

"Did you make a mistake?"

With that question, Jaebum straightened his back and told Youngjae. "I only didn't notice her dress! It's just a simple dress that I gave her back then. Years a go.. But she was totally mad because of it. Girl is really hard to understand!" He shook his head before he took his 4th beer.

But Youngjae stopped him. "Stop it, Hyung.. You had enough."

"I haven't even drunk yet and you ask me to stop?! Just go if you're not helping!"

Youngjae replaced the beer with a can of coke he bought. "Just drink mine."

Jaebum didn't mind and drank it.

Youngjae softly said, "If you let me, I'll talk to her tomorrow."

But listened to that, Jaebum laughed. "Do you think I'm a fool? You want to take this chance to get her, right? You want to be her shoulder to cry on and steal her heart, don't you?"

Youngjae rolled his eyes. "Whatever you think, Hyung.."

"Be careful, she would tell you that you don't love her the way she is right now. That Jihyo now and Jihyo back then is different person. Does she have multiple personalities?" Jaebum laughed so hard.

Youngjae eyed him and let out a tsk. "It's not me who fool, but you, Hyung.."

Jaebum chuckled and exclaimed, "Yeah, I'm a fool. I'm a fool! Jihyo yaaa.."

 


-00-

 


Meanwhile Jihyo was walking by herself to her parent's house. She thought it was the best for her to stay away from Jaebum for a while. She didn't have a heart to see him after this.

"I'm home.." Jihyo said as she entered the house.

"You came home quite late today.." Her mom welcomed her.

"Ye..." Jihyo replied with a smile.

"Have you eat dinner?" Her mom asked.

Jihyo nodded. "If you don't mind I will go straight to sleep.."

"Oh, sure.. You need a rest." Mrs. Park kissed Jihyo's forehead before she said, "Good night my daughter.."

But when her mom turned her body and started to walk, Jihyo stopped her with calling her. "Mom.."

With that, her mom turned back to Jihyo and Jihyo directly hugged her. It made her surprise. "Is something happened?"

Jihyo hugged her tight while saying. "No.. I just want to hug you.."

Her mom patted her back as she tried to calm Jihyo.

Omma, why it hurts so much? Why it hurts so much?

 

 

-00-

 

 

In the next morning, Youngjae decided to meet Jihyo. He guessed that Jihyo must be in her parents house, so he went there. He pushed the bell and soon someone came to open the gate.

"Anyeonghaseyo" Youngjae greeted her with a bow.

Mrs. Park smiled and then asked, "Who are you?"

"I'm Jihyo's friend." Answered Youngjae casually.

With that Mrs. Park nodded, "Aah, I'm sorry.. I haven't know her friends yet.. Just come in."

Youngjae bowed and went inside the house. He walked through a small but organized garden before went inside the house. It was a medium sized house but cozy.

Youngjae was let to sit on a brown comfort sofa before Mrs. Park went upstairs to call Jihyo.

After a moment, Jihyo showed up with her mom. She directly asked Youngjae softly. "Why... Why'd you here?"

"Ah, I.. I want to take you out." Youngjae was stuttering.

Listened to that, Mrs. Park jumped in surprise. "Omo. Are you her boyfriend?"

"No." / "No." Both of Jihyo and Youngjae answered at the same time.

Youngjae tried to explain. "I'm not her boyfriend, Mrs. Park. I'm just.." He stole a glance to look at Jihyo before continuing, "... her regular friend."

"Aaah, I understand." Mrs. Park smiled to both of them and then excused to leave. "Okay, I don't want to disturb you two.. You better fix everything, don't make my daughter cry again.. "

 

After her mom leaving them, Jihyo started to say, "Don't .. don't mind my mom.."

"It's okay.." Youngjae simply responded.

"W-what are you telling me before? Do you really want to take me out?" Jihyo asked in disbelief.

Youngjae casually asked back. "Did you forget the promise we made at the hill?"

Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows. "The... promise?"

"You asked me to take you out somewhere, having fun like a teen used to do. Did you forget that?" Youngjae reminded her.

Jihyo didn't have any idea what Youngjae was talking about. But she just followed along. "Ah.. really?"

"Promise is a promise. You can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter