Last

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 26: Last

 

“What happened?” Scheduler directly asked as soon as he saw Jihyo went inside the house.

“I can’t get through this anymore, Hyungnim. Can I just go up now?” Jinyoung said as he wiped his tears.

“Ya, tell me what’s wrong?” Scheduler was confused why Jinyoung was so frustrated.

“Everything I did just turn into a mess, Hyungnim. I don’t know what I have to do now..” Jinyoung said as he sat on the sofa with hands covered Jihyo’s face.

“Calm yourself. I know it must be hard for you.” Scheduler tried to console Jinyoung by sitting next to him. He continued, “I’m sorry that I can’t help you. But I think you can help yourself. I mean you’ve possessed her for too long, there must be a strong chemistry between both of you. So now, just calm yourself and try to talk to her. Tell her that you really want her to come out. Tell her that this body wasn’t belong to you but hers. Give her support and trust that she is strong enough to own her body.”

“Can I? I’ve tried it before but she won’t listen.” Jinyoung said in pessimist.

“It’s different now. You and Jihyo have experienced so many things together. And you said you can listen to her voice, right? She must also hear yours, too.” Scheduler told Jinyoung firmly.

Jinyoung took a deep breath before nodding.

“Good..” Scheduler said as he sent a satisfying smile to Jinyoung.

 

-00-

 

Jinyoung went to his room and opened his diary. Then, he started to write on the blank page. He told Jihyo what had happened with Mark and how frustrated him because of it.

Jihyo ya, I made time almost everyday to write this diary, just so you know what had happened when I’m possessing your body. I have possessed your body for almost 30 days. A lot of things happened, Jihyo. Day by day, things got more and more complicated. Do you know where all those came from? That’s because I live in a body that I wasn’t supposed to own. This body is yours, Jihyo. This life is yours, not mine. Mine was gone, I’m only a ghost. I don’t have rights to live your life. So please come back. Please come out. Take over what supposed to be yours!

I hope this is become the last page of my diary. You have to come back, Jihyo. I believe you’re strong enough to live your own life.

 

Desperately begging,

Your oppa

 

Jinyoung closed his diary and started to pray. He focused his mind and his heart in the prayer. He handed over all of his problem to God. And he believe that God could give the best solution.

Slowly he opened Jihyo’s eyes, and felt a lot calmer.

Yeah, we’ll have a happy ending, Jihyo. Both you and me.

 

-00-

 

In the morning, Youngjae have a jogging with Jaebum as usual. But this day, Youngjae wasn’t as excited as before. That made Jaebum ask, “What’s wrong with you? You look so dark today..”

“Do I?” Youngjae asked softly.

“Yeah, like your mind wasn’t here. Like you think about something big. Are you thinking about some kind of economic and political crisis? “ Jaebum tried to make a joke, but Youngjae remained quiet.

“I’m thinking about Jihyo, Hyung..” Youngjae said softly but that surprised Jaebum.

“Jihyo?”

Youngjae bent his head down, doubting whether to say it or not, but in the end he spoke up. “Jihyo is sick, Hyung..”

“Sick???” Jaebum was beyond surprised. “How can you---“

“She told me that she will leave the world soon..” Youngjae cut Jaebum’s words.

“WHAT??!” Jaebum was like having a heart attack. “What are you talking about, Choi Youngjae? Don’t be joking. It’s not funny at all!”

“I’m not joking, Hyung.” Youngjae told him firmly. He took a deep breath before continued, “The day before yesterday, when I walked her home, she suddenly asked me to take her to go somewhere quiet and high, like she wanted to ease her mind. And there she told me a secret. She told me that she will leave this world soon, Hyung..”

“It doesn’t make sense, Jae..” Jaebum said as he shook his head. He wanted to deny all the things he heard from Youngjae.

“I know, I feel the same Hyung.. But she told me with her eyes. I can see from her eyes that she really mean it Hyung..”

“But what kind of sickness she have? Okay, she has just recovered from that drowning, but other than that she’s fine. She’s.... totally fine.” Jaebum tried to argue.

“I don’t know what kind of sickness she have, Hyung.. She forbid me to ask. But I think it’s related with her memory.”

Jaebum furrowed his eyebrows. “Memory?”

“She asked me that if someday she forget me, Yugyeom, Bambam, and Dahyun, I must stay next to her.” Youngjae said softly.

“Forget?” Jaebum was really confused over what Youngjae saying.

Youngjae even added with, “Could it be.... Alzheimer?”

“YA!!!” Jaebum directly yelled at Youngjae. He couldn’t imagine to hear that word coming out from Youngjae.

“I don’t know, Hyung..” Youngjae was frustrated. He heaved a deep sigh before continued, “I’m not supposed to tell you this, Hyung.. But since you’re her guardian, I think you should know about it. I hope you can talk to her before it’s too late.”

Jaebum’s heart was dropped. He still couldn’t accept the fact what Youngjae tell him. He really wanted that all of those words were only a joke. But those weren’t a joke, a part of him started to admit it.

 

-00-

 

Jaebum walked home with an empty stare, his mind was still on Jihyo.

How can she sick? It’s impossible.

Leaving the world soon? What the hell is that?

 

Slowly he remembered all the time they spent together. He remembered how flattered he was wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter