Taste

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 17: Taste

 

When Jihyo coming out from the restroom, Mark blocked her way. He asked, “Are you really happy to become a model?”

“Yes, of course. Why?” Jinyoung answered casually.

Mark sighed. “Then why don’t you become a model instead of a Chef?!”

Mark’s voice was somewhat loud, and that made Jinyoung startled. “Chef, you don’t need to yell at me like that.. “ He sighed and then said, “Yeah I will.. I guess I need to change my plan to be a model instead. Because it was A LOT easier than becoming a Chef.” Then she tried to walk away, but Mark held her arm.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes, Chef! To be a model I don’t need a talent, I don’t need to work hard washing the dishes, wiping the table, doing errands, preparing the ingredients. All I have to do is stand and smile. And I got a great amount of fee for that. Satisfied?” Jinyoung was mad. After all efforts he did to get a cook lesson from Mark for the past days, Mark was still trying to put him down, and it made him lose control.

Meanwhile Mark was taken aback by Jihyo’s words. He was silent for a while, until he said softly. “Woah, it’s such a waste now, that you no longer wanting to be a Chef. Because you know what, now I feel like I want to give a cook lesson for you.”

He gave Jihyo a sly smile.

A sly smile.

Damn, I feel like I want to strangle you, Chef.

“It’s such a waste, right?” Mark still try to toy Jihyo.

To respond Mark, Jihyo exclaimed, “As I think again, it seems I don’t need your lesson anymore, Chef. Well, excuse me.”

Mark held Jihyo’s arm again and made her to face him. “Ya! I say I want to give a cook lesson for you. For You Only. You know, I never give a private cook lesson for anyone else, so it is a rare precious once in a lifetime offer that you shouldn’t refuse, Park Jihyo. I’m really generous for you.”

Wow, this Chef is really thinks highly of himself.. But since he insist, should I play hard to get?

Jinyoung held his laugh while saying, “I’m sorry Chef, but I can’t take the way you put me down anymore.”

“When did I put you down, Park Jihyo?”

“You always, Chef..”

Mark furrowed his eyebrows. “Always? Nooo..”

“Yes, you did Chef. You never say sorry. Oh! You don’t even want to admit it.”

Mark sighed. He waved a white flag. “Okay, okay.. I’m.. I’m sorry.. I really didn’t mean it.” It was such a rare opportunity to make Mark apologize, moreover to Jinyoung, so he enjoyed it so much.

While Jinyoung hiding his laugh, Mark asked again, “So, you still want to be a Chef, right?”

“Of course, I also didn’t mean it when I say I won’t be a Chef.” Jihyo grinned and then ran away.

“Heol. Ya Park Jihyo how dare you play on me!” He yelled but then laughed by himself. She’s cute..

 

-00-

 

While walking home together, Jaebum saw that Jihyo was walking happily. He asked. “Why are you bouncing happily like this? Is it still about the photo shoot?”

Jihyo shook her head. “No, hyung.. Finally I can get a lesson from Chef Mark.”

Jaebum was surprised. “Really? Does he agree?”

Jihyo nodded. “Uh-uh. We will have first lesson tomorrow morning.”

“How can you make him agree? He usually stick to what he say, no one can change his mind..”

“We have a long fierce war, but in the end I win it!” Jihyo exclaimed happily.

That made Jaebum chuckle. “I wonder how you can always have a fight with him. You know Jihyo, your oppa always say yes to everything Chef Mark say, and he never have a fight with him.”

Jaebum’s words made Jinyoung to stop walking. That’s right. How can I change? He thought in his mind.

“Ya, Jihyo. Why you suddenly stop walking?” Jaebum asked as he looked at a sudden change in Jihyo’s expression.

“Ah. Nothing, hyung.. I’m just thinking the answer of your question.” He gave Jaebum Jihyo’s trademark grin.

“Your oppa always obey to everything Chef Mark order him to do, but the otherwise, Chef Mark always being a hot-blooded jerk to Jinyoung.” Jaebum didn’t realize that he just blurted out.

Jinyoung chuckled. “Jerk?”

That was when Jaebum realized his slipped word. “Ah, I didn’t mean bad to him.. I just.. voice out my feeling..”

Jinyoung was laughing to hear it from Jaebum. But then he thought in silent again.

“Ya Park Jihyo.. Why are you zoning out again?” Jaebum snapped Jinyoung back.

“Ah, nothing hyung.. Let’s just go back!” Jihyo comfortably linked her arm and dragged Jaebum home.

Jaebum could only surrender and smile.

 

-00-

 

Right after he got home, Jinyoung called Scheduler. “Hyungniiiimmm.”

In a blink of an eye, Scheduler showed up, he directly asked in worry. “Why? Why? Are you hurt? Something happened?”

Jinyoung dragged Scheduler to the sofa. “Hyungnim, there’s something I need to ask you. Jaebum hyung just make me realize that the way I act to Chef Mark before possessing Jihyo is different with the way I act now as Jihyo. And so does Chef Mark, he treat Jihyo differently with the way he treat me. The question is why.”

“Heol. So you call me that loud just to ask that question? Tsk.” Scheduler threw a smirk at Jinyoung.

“But that’s important, Hyungnim!”

“Okay listen, you have possessed Jihyo for a long time. To be specific—“ Scheduler looked at a device that shown the time Jinyoung have possessed Jihyo. “—for 21 days.”

“What?? I almost spend half of my time limit??” Jinyoung screamed as he listened to what Scheduler say.

“Geez, lower your voice!” Scheduler pushed Jinyoung to go back sit calmly. “Yes, you have spent 21 days with no progress at all. In this state, your mind and soul, maybe, has already blended with Jihyo’s. That’s why the figure in front of me right now is not purely Jihyo or purely Jinyoung but the mix of both of you.” Scheduler explained calmly.

But Jinyoung was the otherwise, he was like having mental breakdown.

Scheduler continued, “That’s why you act different to Mark and Mark act different to you. It’s just like a simple reversible action-reaction formula.”

“Then what should I do, Hyungnim?”

“Of course, you should make yourself to get out from Jihyo’s body before it’s too late. In this battle, you should let Jihyo win.”

“What is that mean?”

“You should sense what she like or dislike, when she will agree or disagree with your action. I think if you’re pretty sensitive, you can feel it. Because you are inside her body.”

“Heol. You say that easily, but it’s difficult, hyungnim! You don’t know what I’ve been through this entire time.”

“Yeah, I know it must be not easy for you. Moreover that now you’re dominating, but it doesn’t change the fact that you are inside her body. I can’t help you except that explanation.”

Jinyoung was in silent. And then something popped out in his mind. “Then if I always have a fight with Chef Mark, doesn’t it mean Jihyo don’t like him?”

Scheduler pursed his lips, thinking about the answer of Jinyoung’s question. “Not sure, but many couple love to fight, right?”

Jinyoung nodded. “Aaah, it’s kind of love-hate relationship?”

Scheduler shrugged. “Maybe..”

Jinyoung sighed. And in the next minute, he ruffled Jihyo’s hair in frustration. “Aaah, it’s so confusing. Ya Park Jihyo, just kick me out please, I beg!”

 

-00-

 

Saturday morning has come. Youngjae was already waiting for Jaebum in the Central Park for their body build up session. Looking at a figure he knew coming, he waved his hand to him.

Slowly he was approaching, “Woah good student, come earlier than the teacher..” Said the guy wearing black jogging trouser and grey hoodie, who was none other than Jaebum.

“I always come early, Hyung.. In class too..” Youngjae answered rather proudly.

“Pft. Typical model student, you want to tell me, uh?” Jaebum tried to joke, and it made Youngjae laugh.

“I’m not a professional body build up trainer, but I will try to transfer everything that I know..” Jaebum started the lesson and Youngjae listened carefully.

“If you are new to working out, you won’t build your body fast by pushing yourself too hard and getting injured, so you need to be patient and consistent. You better make a workout schedule. Maybe 30 minutes a day, or an hour every weekend, it’s depend on your schedule.”

Youngjae nodded.

“For me, I usually have three days a week workout session. Day one, I work out my chest, shoulder, and triceps by using dumbbell. Day two, I train my back and biceps by doing pull up or push up. Day three I train my legs with running.”

“I’ll follow that routine, Hyung..” Youngjae said that excitedly.

Jaebum smiled to see his student’s high spirit. He continued, “Okay then, today we’ll going to run, you can do the rest in your house.”

“Got it. Let’s go!” Youngjae has started to run, but Jaebum grabbed his arm.

“Don’t be hurry, Youngjae ya..” He told Youngjae and then giggled by himself. “Remember, slow but consistent. We need to do stretch out first. So, let’s search for a wider place.”

Youngjae grinned. He was too excited with this build up session.

 

-00-

 

In another place, there someone who was also ready for having a lesson. The first cook lesson by the famous Chef Mark. Yes, it was Mark who’s waiting for Jihyo. He already got to the kitchen and prepared his first lesson. Today will be really fun. He said in his head.

Jinyoung also anticipated this first lesson. He really hoped that Mark will help Jihyo to get her body back. He deliberately came early to the restaurant, but he didn’t imagine that Chef Mark was already there before him.

“Omo! Chef, you’re already here?” Jihyo asked in surprise.

“Yes. You’re 15 minutes 26 seconds to be late.” Mark answered casually.

“Heol. I even came early, Chef..” Jinyoung protested.

Mark hid his laugh but then he saw Jihyo walk out the kitchen. “Ya, where are you going?”

“I’m going to get change.” Jinyoung answered casually.

“No need. Just come here.”

Jinyoung obeyed and approached him.

“Use this apron.” Mark said as he threw an apron to Jihyo.

“Ah, okay..” Jinyoung obeyed and wear the apron by himself.

Once he was ready, Mark started the lesson.

“You can see, I prepared these all for you to taste. “ Mark said as he showed Jihyo bowls of salt, sugar, pepper, and oils.

“You want me to taste all of this?” asked Jinyoung in surprise.

“Yes, I put them there for you to taste. You only used them for cooking. You never thought about what each of these taste like, right?”

Looking Jihyo was still in confuse, Mark added, “For example, salt.” He pointed on three bowls of salt. “Look at the salt. The taste is different depending on region and company. You have to know this precisely. So you can cook to the perfection.” He looked at Jihyo and asked her to try.

“Try this?” Jinyoung asked back.

Mark nodded firmly.

Jinyoung hesitantly tasted the salt. He blurted out, “Ah, it’s salty!”

Mark snapped, “Don’t just think that’s salty!” He gave an example. “Roll your tongue around slowly. Taste the saltiness, sweetness, and bitterness. And even the spiciness. Try to find them all.”

Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows. “Salt has sweet taste?”

“Of course.” Answered Mark firmly. “If you remember the taste precisely, then you’ll be able to know exactly which salt to use while cooking.”

Jihyo couldn’t help but to nod.

“Olive oil is the same.” He took a bowl of oils and spooned it. “Here..” He gave it to Jihyo. “Try to figure out when the oil was extracted.”

Jihyo wanted to argue, but then she decide to follow the lesson, she took the spoon and tasted it. “Eeeww..” She got a full sensation from the oils and it made her shook her head as the respond.

 Mark was hiding his laugh with going to another side of the kitchen. He said, “If you perfect your understanding of ingredients. No matter when and where you are, you can make whatever you want.’

He came back to where Jihyo standing, and gave her something,  “Here, drink this ginger tea. Drink this after tasting everything. It’ll make you feel better and refresh your mouth.”

Jinyoung directly drank it to wash the sensation.

“Just taste these all and then report it to me, I’ll be waiting at my office.” Mark told the order and went to his office, leaving Jihyo with mouth opened.

Hish, it’s not a lesson but a prank. Jinyoung said it in his mind while shooting a death stare to Mark’s back.

Meanwhile Mark smiling bright as he went to the office. Taste it all, Park Jihyo, kkk..

 

-00-

 

After running a few rounds, Youngjae rested his body at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter