What Are We?

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 25: What are we?

 

As Youngae left Jihyo’s house, he met Jaebum and Mark in the halfway.

“Ya, what are you doing here?” Mark directly asked.

While Jaebum asked in a friendly tone. “Is Jihyo at home?”

“Yeah, she’s now sleeping at home. But Hyung, she accidentally sprained her leg when we walked around.”

“Ya! How can you make her sprained her leg?!” Mark directly snapped.

“I already put an ointment on her sprained leg, I hope tomorrow she’ll be better.. I’m sorry..” Youngjae said as he bent his head down, regretting that he couldn’t take care of Jihyo well.

“It’s okay.. Just go home Jae, you must be tired..” Jaebum said as he patted Youngjae’s shoulder.

“Yes, Hyung..”

“You too Chef.. Jihyo is sleeping now, we better go home..” Jaebum told Mark.

Mark couldn’t help but to nod.

They all went downstairs, and Jaebum excused to go inside his flat, leaving the other two walking out the building.

 

Mark hesitantly said, “You can ride my car until the bus stop..”

Youngjae was surprised by Mark’s offer. “I can walk home from here..”

“Ah.. okay then.” Mark directly turned his body to leave Youngjae but then Youngjae called him.

“But Chef..”

Mark turned again to see Youngjae, and asked, “What?”

Youngjae bit his lip, doubting whether to say it or not.

“Ya, is there something you want to say? Just say..” Mark was impatient.

“Don’t put too much pressure on Jihyo, Chef.. including her feeling..”

Mark raised his eyebrows, feeling surprised by what Youngjae saying. “D-did Jihyo say something to you?”

“I’m sorry Chef..” Youngjae bowed and then left, leaving Mark in confuse.

 

-00-

 

In the morning, Jaebum visited Jihyo while sending her a breakfast.

“Good morning..” Jaebum smiled widely.

“Morning, Hyung.. Come in..” Jinyoung smiled back and let him to go inside.

“Did your sprained leg was healed?” Jaebum asked as he put the bowl of porridge he made on the table.

“How did you know I sprained my leg?” Jinyoung asked as he sat on the dining seat.

“I met Youngjae on my way to be here..” Jaebum answered as he sat across Jihyo. “How bad is it? It must be hurt.”

“No, I can walk now, even though slowly.” Jinyoung responded before he took a spoon of porridge Jaebum made. “Mmm, what is it? Cabbage porridge?”

Jaebum nodded.

“Woah, surely you’re a chef, unlike me.” Jinyoung gave him thumbs up.

Jaebum smiled. “Slowly but sure, you’ll be a Chef too..”

“Oh, Hyung.. Can you go to school today? There’s a meeting with Mina’s parents regarding the incident. I haven’t give the letter to you.”

“Today? I can go..”

“Good. But Hyung, don’t be too harsh on Mina, okay? You know, it’s not fully her fault. She didn’t mean to push me to the lake.”

“I got it, Jihyo ya.. If you’re already forgive her, then I don’t have rights to mad at her..”

“Thanks..”

 

-00-

 

Then Jihyo and Jaebum went to school with Dahyun. As soon as Jihyo arrived at school, people were supporting her, like giving a fighting gesture to her. Jinyoung suddenly remembered the time when he was accused as a thief. That time, people were mocking Jihyo, looking at her so low, like she doesn’t have a rights to live in this world. But now, the table was turned. It felt strange for him. How can people changed this easily?

 

Jinyoung went into the room he went before. As he walked inside the room, he was surprised that scheduler was already there on his seat. Jinyoung smiled to him before sitting next to him. After a few moment, Principal Lee came with Mina and her mom. Mina and her mom was sitting across Jihyo and Jaebum. Mina was bending her head down all the time, while her mom looked so relax like it wasn’t a big deal for her. The one who looked so stress was Principal Lee. He directly massaging his forehead as soon as he sat on the chair.

Didn’t want to waste the time, Teacher Kim started the meeting with explaining what had happened at Konkuk University.

He concluded. “What happened at KKU Lake between Mina and Jihyo was actually captured by the CCTV near the location. It captured how they have a fight before Mina pushing Jihyo to the lake. It also captured the time Mina was smoking. All of the evidence is indisputable. Even though there was an agreement between Mina’s parents, Konkuk University and Seungri school to cover this issues, but school committee wanted to give some justice to Jihyo with giving internal punishment to Mina.” Teacher Kim explained. “So now, we’re going to ask permission from Mina’s parents regarding this..”

Mina’s mom directly said, “Just punish her as you want, Mr. Kim.. She deserves it..”

That surprised Jinyoung. No, not only him, but most of the people who attended the meeting, except Mina. She was still silent as she bent her head down.

“I know that someday she’ll make a fuss.. She only give problem most of the time anyway.. And yes, she stupidly did it when her father is on crisis. What a good daughter..” Mina’s mom cruelly added.

Jinyoung’s heart was dropped. There was no ounce of sadness or care in Mina’s mom’s eyes. She was putting her own daughter down like this, was beyond Jinyoung’s expectation.

“Then, w-we will give punishment to Kwon Mina with cleaning the school’s corridor and restroom f-for a week.” Teacher Kim said in stuttered.

“Yes, can we end this meeting now? I have another important thing to do.” Mina’s mom asked as soon as Teacher Kim ended his words.

“Oh, can we Principal Lee?” Teacher Kim asked Principal Lee who’s still astonished by the situation.

“Oh, yeah, of course.. We can end it now..” Principal Lee directly stood up and let Mina’s mom to go out.

Then Mina’s mom went out after signing Mina to follow her.

Jinyoung was confused. How can it be like this? He directly followed Mina and her mom to go outside, leaving Jaebum with Teacher Kim and Principal Lee.

 

-00-

 

He secretly followed them until they reached the parking lot. There he saw another unexpected thing.

Mina’s mom threw her hand forward so hard, whipping it across Mina’s face. She slapped her hard.

There was a red mark clearly seen on Mina’s face, but she was still silent. She could only stare at her mom as her hand slowly made it to her fire red cheek.

“You’re really rubbish, Mina! Aaarggh, I don’t know what words can describe how mad I’m with you. You did it on purpose, right? You did it to screw your father, right? After all he did to raise you, fulfilling all of your needs, showering you with wealth, this is what you pay?” Mina’s mom asked Mina in anger.

“And you making me embarrassed by asking me to come to the meeting. Hish, why do I even be here?” Mina’s mom said in disgust.

That made Mina responded, “Who asked you to come? I didn’t. I never ask you to come here. You came because Dad asking you, right? Yeah, of course you acted like a good wife in front of him, but did he know that you’re actually having affair with a young reporter who spread the rumo—“

Mina’s mom was already raised her hand back and ready to throw it again to Mina’s face, but Jihyo came and held her hand firmly while saying, “Stop it.”

Both Mina and her mom was surprised by Jihyo’s appearance.

Mina’s mom directly snapped, “What are you doing??!!”

“Don’t hurt her.” Jihyo said softly.

Mina’s mom used her power to let go of her hand from Jihyo’s grip.

“Woah, wow! Look at this Mina, even your enemy is helping you. Tsk, don’t you feel ashamed?” Mina’s mom asked that to Mina and then went inside the car and went away, leaving Mina with Jihyo.

Jinyoung directly asked Mina, “Are you okay?”

But Mina directly shouted, “WHY’D YOU ALWAYS INTERFERE?? WHY’D YOU ALWAYS COME IN A WRONG TIME? I HATE YOU PARK JIHYO!”

With that, Mina was running away, leaving Jihyo alone.

Jinyoung could see there were tears in the corner of her eyes before she left. Mina is crying. She’s crying, again, because of me..

 

-00-

 

Jinyoung was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter