STAY WITH ME

Remember Our Future

“Seungcheol, Seungcheol.” Jeonghan said into Seungcheol’s ear

 

“Hmm?” Seungcheol responded

 

“The movie is over and everyone is going back to their dorms.” said Jeonghan

 

“Oh, do you want me to go?” asked Seungcheol

 

“No, not really. Can you stay with me? I’m still scared because of what happened in the movie” said Jeonghan

 

“Sure. What do you want to do?” asked Seungcheol

 

“Do you want to play a game?” asked Jeonghan

 

“Sure, what game?” asked Seungcheol

 

“Truth or dare.” said Jeonghan

 

“Ok. I’ll go first. I chose truth.” said Seungcheol

 

“Have you ever kissed anyone?” asked Jeonghan

 

Of course I’ve kissed someone, at all of my previous schools, people were throwing themselves at me. I’ve had a lot of girlfriends that have kissed me but I didn’t want to kiss them, does that even count? Thought Seungcheol

 

“I guess” answered Seungcheol

 

“What do you mean by ‘I guess’?” asked Jeonghan

 

“Well, I have kissed people but I never really wanted to kiss them.” responded Seungcheol

 

“Oh, then that doesn’t count.” said Jeonghan

 

“Truth or dare?” asked Seungcheol

 

“Dare” responded Jeonghan

 

“I dare you to sit on my lap for the rest of the game.” said Seungcheol. He wanted Jeonghan to be close to him and he wanted to smell Jeonghan’s cherry scent

 

Jeonghan stood up and sat on Seungcheol’s lap.

 

“Truth or dare?” asked Jeonghan

 

“Truth” answered Seungcheol

 

“Have you ever had a girlfriend or a boyfriend?” asked Jeonghan

 

“I have had a lot of girlfriends and only 1 boyfriend. At my old schools, people would throw themselves at me because they knew that I was really handsome.” responded Seungcheol

 

“Seriously?” asked Jeonghan “Did you even like them?”

 

“No, I’ve always wanted to experience what it’s like to be in love but it never happened.” until the day that I met you and fell head over heals for you. Seungcheol thought

 

“Oh. well, from what I know, being in love is great. Until your boyfriend breaks your heart because he wasn’t ever in love with you and then he decides to date another girl…” Jeonghan ranted

 

Seungcheol could see how upset Jeonghan was, even though it was 5 months after his breakup with Jisoo. Seungcheol wanted to comfort Jeonghan but he didn’t want to come off as too strong. Seungcheol wanted Jeonghan to love him but he knew that Jeonghan loved Jisoo and if Seungcheol tried to make a move then he’d only be rejected and maybe Jeonghan would stop being his friend.

 

Jeonghan looked back at Seungcheol with his sad eyes and Seungcheol couldn’t fight the urge to hold Jeonghan in his arms and comfort him.

 

Jeonghan was surprised at the acting but then he realized that Seungcheol was trying to be friendly and he relaxed into Seungcheol’s hold.

 

They just sat like that, for about 20 minutes. Everything was silent but it was a good type of silence. It wasn’t the uncomfortable silence that happens when you’re waiting for a punishment, it’s the silence that happens when you’re with your best friend admiring a beautiful sunset. Neither of the boys wanted to break the silence but Jeonghan did because he was getting sleepy.

 

“Seungcheol, do you want to spend the night?” asked Jeonghan

 

“Of course I do, but why?” asked Seungcheol. Jeonghan usually never asked him to spend the night, Seungcheol only spends the night when his crazy roommate has “friends” over. Seungcheol was excited but he was also curious.

 

“Well, what if a mutant cherry comes and attacks me in the middle of the night?” asked Jeonghan “since your dorm isn’t that close by, how will you protect me?”

 

Seungcheol chuckled, of course Jeonghan had to make an excuse. “Seriously?” asked Seungcheol

 

“Yes!” said Jeonghan “I’m genuinely afraid of those things. I hate horror movies because they always scare me. Jisoo would always spend the night with me after we watched a horror movie and since you’re here I’d really appreciate it if you spent the night with me.”

 

“I already said that I’ll spend the night with you” Seungcheol said

 

“Thanks, you’re such a good friend.”

 

That statement did many things to Seungcheol. He was happy because he got to spend the night with Jeonghan in his bed because the other bed didn’t have a mattress. But it made Seungcheol sad because Jeonghan thought of him as only a friend. Seungcheol hoped to change that because he really loved Jeonghan.

 

Seungcheol changed into the pajamas that Jeonghan provided him and he crept into bed with Jeonghan. The cherry scent that Seungcheol first smelled when he was in Jeonghan’s bed was still there and it was lulling him to sleep. Jeonghan’s bed was a bit big so both boys could fit on it with some space in between them.

 

“Goodnight Seungcheol.” Jeonghan said

 

“Goodnight angel.” Seungcheol said I love you

 

Seungcheol didn’t sleep much that night, he was well aware of Jeonghan who was tossing and turning. Jeonghan said a few things like “help” “save me” and “thanks, I love you too”.

Seungcheol wondered what Jeonghan was dreaming about because it seemed like a nightmare but Seungcheol knew that he couldn’t wake Jeonghan up or else things would be worse for Jeonghan.

 

Seungcheol couldn’t bear to watch Jeonghan suffering anymore so he wrapped his arms around Jeonghan embracing him in a firm hug. Jeonghan’s back was pressed against Seungcheol’s chest and Seungcheol inhaled the strong cherry scent of Jeonghan’s hair.

 

Then, Seungcheol cautiously placed his lips against Jeonghan’s head and he said “sleep well my angel, I love you”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 

Seungcheol sat down at his usual lunch table that had all of Jeonghan and his friends. Seungcheol looked around the table to look for Jeonghan but he didn’t see the angelic boy.

 

Seungcheol hadn’t seen Jeonghan at all that day, it was 2 weeks after Seungcheol had met all of Jeonghan’s friends and Jeonghan seemed fine the day before. Maybe something had happened overnight that Seungcheol didn’t know about.

 

“Who are you looking for lover boy?” asked Junhui

 

All of Seungcheol/Jeonghan’s friends knew about Seungcheol’s crush on Jeonghan and almost all of them shipped Jeongcheol except for Jisoo and Jihoon because they were the only ones that knew the whole story.

 

“No one in particular” responded Seungcheol “I was just checking to see if-”

 

“-Jeonghan was here” finished Seungkwan

 

“N-no, that’s not who I was looking for” said a defensive Seungcheol

 

“Oh really? Because it seems like you were.” interrupted Chan

 

“Come on, we all know about your not so little crush on Jeonghan.” said Wonwoo

 

“What what?!!? How!?!?” asked Seungcheol who was clearly shocked

 

“It’s pretty obvious man, from the way that you look him to the way you act towards him, you definitely like him.” said Wonwoo

 

“Also, Jihoon told us.” said Minghao

 

Seungcheol remembered that at the open house, he told Jihoon that he liked Jeonghan. That must be how his friends found out.

 

“So” said Vernon “Are you going to text him or something because you seem pretty worried.”

 

Seungcheol was worried because he knew that Jeonghan didn’t get sick that easily. Maybe Jeonghan was avoiding him because something happened.

 

“Yeah” responded Seungcheol “I’ll text him”

 

His group of friends cheered and Seungcheol got his phone out.

 

Seungcheol

 

Hello angel! You didn’t come to school today :( Are you sick??

 

Jeonghan

 

Yeah, I’m sick. Sorry for not telling you earlier.

 

Seungcheol

 

I’m going to come and visit you after school. Is that ok?

 

Jeonghan

 

You know that you don’t have to. But it’s fine by me

 

Seungcheol

 

I want you to get better as soon as possible. Now, you should sleep to get better.

 

Jeonghan

 

Ok. goodnight Seungcheol

 

Seungcheol

 

Goodnight angel.


 

Seungcheol turned off his phone and looked at his friends who were making kissy faces at him. What a bunch of babies Seungcheol thought.

 

“Guys, can you do me a favor?” asked Seungcheol

 

“Sure” they responded in unison

 

“Can you not tell Jeonghan that I like him? I want him to like me back and when I confess to him, I want it to be a surprise.” Seungcheol said

 

“Sure” they answered

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jeonghan turned off his phone and rolled around in his bed, he didn’t know whether he was happy or sad that Seungcheol was coming over. Jeonghan really needed time to think because the past 3 weeks had been crazy for him. He had learned that Jisoo still loves him. Also, his old roommate (Junhui) and Seungcheol’s friend (Minghao) had just got together and it seemed like they were soulmates (or at least something like that). And lastly, he learned that Seungcheol might love him too.

 

2 weeks ago, Seungcheol had spent the night over at Jeonghan’s dorm and when they were “sleeping” Jeonghan thought that he heard Seungcheol say something that he had only heard from Jisoo. I love you.

 

Jeonghan replayed the memory in his head for the hundredth time but he was still confused about what had happened. The memory made him feel butterflies in his stomach, just like when Seungcheol touched him.

Jeonghan’s memory/nightmare that he had that night:

 

“Goodnight Seungcheol.” Jeonghan said

 

“Goodnight angel.” Seungcheol said

 

(beginning of Jeonghan’s nightmare)

 

“Help me somebody” Jeonghan yelled as a mutant cherry started to approach him.

 

“save me” Jeonghan screamed but it was if nobody could save him

 

The mutant cherry plucked Jeonghan from the ground and opened his jaws.

 

“I’ll save you!” a voice yelled

 

Jeonghan saw the owner of that voice slay the mutant cherry as he fell from its grasp.

 

Jeonghan looked closer at the person who saved him and saw that it was Jisoo who saved him

 

“Jeonghan! I’m so glad that you’re safe because I love you too much to see you get eaten by a mutant cherry.” Jisoo said

 

“thanks, I love you too”. Jeonghan replied

 

Suddenly, a girl that looked like Chungae appeared out of nowhere and hypnotized Jisoo. Jisoo’s eyes were red like a robot

 

“I don’t love you anymore, I love the beautiful goddess Chungae.” Jisoo said in a robotic voice

 

Jeonghan felt the same pain that he felt when Jisoo broke up with him while Chungae pulled Jisoo with him.

 

Jisoo blinked and his eyes turned back to normal.

 

“I still love you” Jisoo said

 

And they left Jeonghan on the street, a crying mess.

 

End of nightmare

 

Jeonghan woke up in Seungcheol’s embrace with his back places firmly against Seungcheol’s muscular chest. Jeonghan could feel his pulse going up every second. Jeonghan felt Seungcheol inhale the strong cherry scent of his hair.

 

Then, Seungcheol cautiously placed his lips against Jeonghan’s head and he said “sleep well my angel, I love you”

 

End of memory

 

Jeonghan was so confused but he knew that he vowed to never fall in love after what happened with Jisoo, but his heart couldn’t stop fluttering when he remembered what happened. Get a grip Jeonghan! Jeonghan thought he’s just a friend and he probably means that he loves you in a friendly way. If you tell him that you heard what he said he might deny it and be disgusted. It’s better not to say anything at all. The only person that ever did love you was Jisoo and Jihoon told you that he still loves you. Seungcheol said that a lot of people are attracted to him so he probably will find someone way better than you. If it’s true that Jisoo still loves you then that means that you still have a chance with him. Maybe he’ll realize that dating Chungae is a mistake and everything will go back to the way it was before. You’ll be able to revive the memories that you’ve been longing for. You know that there’s a chance that Jisoo loves you, Seungcheol is just a friend that thinks of you like a friend. Nothing more.

 

Jeonghan closed his eyes and tried to sleep but every time he closed his eyes he imagined Seungcheol.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

HEYYYYYYYY

 

HOW’S IT GOING?

 

I’M STILL ALIVE

 

AND…

 

SCHOOL ENDS THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

 

YAAY!!!!!!!

 

I’VE HAD THE MOST BORING OF BORING WEEKS…

 

OH, I ALMOST FORGOT

 

HAPPY (SUPER) BELATED BIRTHDAY JUN!!!

 

AND HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY NAEGA HOSH!!!

 

LOL, THIS CHAPTER WAS CRAYCRAY

 

WHO DO YOU THINK JEONGHAN WILL END UP WITH? JISOO OR SEUNGCHEOL?

 

(I HAVEN’T DECIDED YET)

 

I GTG

 

I LOVE YOU ALL

 

BUH-BYEEE

 

-floweroone