THE KISS

Remember Our Future

Junhui decided to pay a visit to Minghao after their meeting in the cafe. Nobody knew this but Junhui had always had a secret crush on Minghao. He didn't know the other chinese boy too well but he felt a connection between them almost like the universe was saying “you two are soulmates”.

 

Junhui was well known as a player or a creep. He would always be a big flirt and that got him into a lot of pants. Junhui didn't want for people to fall in love with him. After his past experience, he realized that he failed miserably at being a good boyfriend. He’d forget important dates, not show much affection and he definitely didn't act like a couple with his boyfriend. Relationships was something that Junhui couldn't do. He didn't want to hurt anyone because of his stupidity so he made sure that nobody would ever fall in love with him. He concluded that if there was someone that really did love him then they would find a way to put up with Junhui because he knew that relationships weren't all about acting cute and stuff they were about pure love and happiness.

 

Junhui almost wanted to try this whole relationship thingy with Minghao but then he stopped himself. What if it turns out the same way it did last time? Junhui thought. He didn’t want to hurt Minghao so he decided to tell Minghao about his views on relationships and see what would happen. He hoped that they would be good friends at least but he secretly hoped that Minghao would understand his view on relationships.

 

Junhui grabbed his coat and was about to pay a visit to Minghao until he realized that he didn't know where Minghao lived. He decided to text Jeonghan

 

Junhui

What's Minghao’s number??

 

Jeonghan

IDK, I'll ask Seungcheol

 

Junhui

Seungcheol??

 

Jeonghan

He says that it's xxxxxxx

 

Junhui

Thanks

 

Junhui then decided to text Minghao

 

Junhui

Hey this is Junhui. Are you home?

 

Minghao

Hi Junhui. I’m home

 

Junhui

What’s your dorm #? I'm coming over

 

Minghao

It's 888

 

Junhui

Wow that's really close to my dorm. It's 883

 

Minghao

Cool

 

Junhui

See u in 5 minutes

 

Minghao

K, buh-byee

 

Junhui grabbed his coat and ran down the hallway to Minghao's dorm. Right before he got there, he gave himself a quick pep talk and he checked himself in his phone camera then he knocked 3 times on Minghao's door.

 

Minghao opened the door looking a bit nervous. The two boys exchanged greetings and Minghao led Junhui to the couch.

 

Minghao quickly left Junhui on the couch to make some coffee. Junhui looked around the room to find it pretty bare. There was a TV and a coffee table but nothing much.

 

“You're really good at dancing” Minghao blurted out

 

“Thanks, you too” replied Junhui

 

“We went to the same high school but I don't think that you noticed me. Back then I had a big crush on you because of your amazing dancing.” Minghao continued. “Since you were in the grade above me, we didn't see each other often but when we did meet it was usually because you were dancing.”

 

Actually, Junhui did the opposite of what Minghao thought. To Junhui Minghao always stood out in the hallways so whenever their paths would cross, Junhui would notice. Junhui eyed Minghao for some time but then gave up on him because he didn't know that Minghao liked him back.

 

“Actually, I noticed you a lot. You'd always catch my eye and when I saw you dance, I knew that I liked you. But I thought that I didn't have a chance with you so I just observed you from a distance.” said Junhui

 

“Oh” responded Minghao, unsure of what to do next.

 

“Minghao, I really want to try us out. I'm just afraid that I'll end up hurting you in the end because I’m bad at relationships. I don't remember anniversaries and I like keeping things slow. I don't do that much PDA (public displays of affection) but I'm willing to change for you.” Junhui confessed

 

Minghao giggled at Junhui and responded by saying “I don't care if you are good at relationships or not. All that I'd ever want in a relationship would be for me to love someone that loves me back.”

 

Junhui was taken aback by what Minghao said. He honestly thought that Minghao would reject him right on the spot without even trying out their relationship.

 

“Minghao, would you like to try us out? What I mean is if you'd like to be my boyfriend. I don't want to accidentally hurt you so I understand if you say no.” Junhui said in a nervous voice.

 

Minghao walked over to where Junhui was sitting, he wrapped his arms around Junhui’s neck and pulled him close so that their foreheads were touching. Then, he closed the gap between their faces letting their lips softly touch in an innocent kiss. Both boys had a feeling of bliss, of innocent love come over them and neither boy wanted to move away. They pulled back at the same time, gasping for air.

 

“Is that a yes?” Junhui asked as he caressed Minghao's face

 

“yes” Minghao breathed out while his arms still rested on Junhui’s neck

 

“Do you want to go out? Like on a date?” asked Junhui

 

“Maybe later, but right now all I want to do is kiss you” Minghao replied

 

Junhui pulled Minghao close to resume what they were doing before. As they gently kissed, sparks went off in their heads. Minghao went weak in Junhui's arms.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Earlier that day, Seungcheol had invited Jeonghan over to his dorm to talk. Seungcheol’s crazy roommate was out (probably at a bar trying to pick up girls) and so Seungcheol took this opportunity to invite Jeonghan over.

 

They decided to watch a movie but the only TV was in Seungcheol’s room. Seungcheol found it a bit awkward for Jeonghan to be at such a close proximity to him. Both of them were on Seungcheol's bed with Jeonghan's head resting on Seungcheol's shoulder and his arm was draped lazily over Seungcheol's waist. Seungcheol brushed his fingers through Jeonghan’s silky hair while the strong scent of Jeonghan's cherry shampoo filled up his senses.

 

Neither of them could completely focus on the movie because both boys were thinking about something that left unanswered questions in their heads.

Occasionally, Seungcheol would make a remark about one of the characters on the screen while Jeonghan hummed quietly in response.

 

“Jeonghan” seungcheol said

 

“Yes” responded Jeonghan

 

“Can I ask you something” said Seungcheol

 

“That depends on what you’re going to ask” replied Jeonghan

 

“Ok, have you ever been in love?” asked Seungcheol

 

At the sound of Seungcheol’s question, Jeonghan froze. Memories of Jisoo came over him and all that he could do was to take them in. Jeonghan felt his eyes watering and a tear rolled down his cheek. There was one memory that pained Jeonghan more than the others.

 

Jeonghan’s painful memory

 

“I love you Jeonghan”

 

“Do you really?”

 

“Yes, I love you more than anything.”

 

“I love you too Jisoo”

 

Jisoo’s face was moving closer to Jeonghan’s face, their noses touched and then their lips touched. It was a gentle but passionate kiss that was filled with all the love that Jisoo had for Jeonghan, all these feelings that he couldn’t say out loud but he somehow said them in that kiss. Jeonghan responded with the same passion while his arms were wrapped around Jisoo’s shoulders.

 

End of memory

 

“Jeonghan? Jeonghan?! Why are you crying?” asked Seungcheol

 

Jeonghan hadn’t realized that he was full on sobbing but those memories hit him hard.

 

“Seungcheol, I have been in love before and it hurts me so much to think about it. H-he broke my heart” Jeonghan sobbed “H-he told me that he loved me and I really thought thought he did love me just like I loved him but it turns out that it was all one sided.” Jeonghan sobbed

 

“I’m so sorry” Seungcheol whispered into Jeonghan’s ear

 

“I loved him so much and everything was so perfect but then he broke up with me.” Jeonghan continued “He told me that it was all lies and that he didn’t actually love me. He told me that everything was fake and that he actually loved a girl that was crazy about him. S-she would take pictures of us and then photoshopped her face instead of my face. She would follow us around everywhere and she hated me. She mildly threatened me once because I dated him, but he didn’t know about it. After we broke up, he instantly started to date her and she was all over him. Whenever she saw me she would kiss him or hug him and do something disgusting. The only reason that it was disgusting was because it was her doing all these things with HIM and HE was supposed to do these things with ME, not her”

 

Jeonghan was now sitting on Seungcheol’s lap bawling his eyes out. Seungcheol wrapped his arms around Jeonghan in an attempt to shield him from all the bad memories but they just kept on coming back to him.

 

Seungcheol wondered why Jisoo did this, he must have had a pretty good reason as to why he hurt Seungcheol's Angel. Seungcheol knew Jisoo’s girlfriend, Chungae, and he knew that Chungae was very clingy and that Jisoo didn't even like her that much. “Is it an arranged marriage?” Seungcheol thought. It was probably something like that because he knew that Jisoo would never hurt someone like that unless he had to.

 

“Jeonghan, look at me” Seungcheol said as he tilted Jeonghan's face up to look at him better.

 

“O-ok” Jeonghan whispered. Seungcheol could feel Jeonghan's breath against his face.

 

“Everything will be alright.” Seungcheol whispered back.

 

Jeonghan shivered from Seungcheol's breath and their close proximity. Jeonghan was on Seungcheol's lap and their chests were pressed together. One of Seungcheol's arms was wrapped around Jeonghan's waist and his hand cupped the angel’s face. Jeonghan's arms were around Seungcheol's neck, pulling him closer.

 

It was at that moment that time seemed to stop for the two of them. Seungcheol's heart was beating rapidly in his chest and he was sure that Jeonghan could feel it. Both of them knew that if either of them decided to move closer, it would end in a kiss. Seungcheol badly wanted to lean forward and claim Jeonghan's lips. He wanted to make Jeonghan forget all about Jisoo and only remember their future. But, he knew that Jeonghan didn't want that to happen. He knew that Jeonghan wanted Jisoo in this position, he wanted to be with Jisoo, he wanted Jisoo to love him, not Seungcheol. In Jeonghan's world there was only Jisoo and Seungcheol was just a friend.

 

Seungcheol was so discouraged with his own thoughts, he almost didn't notice when Jeonghan tilted his head slightly and pulled Seungcheol closer. Their lips were so close now that if either boy moved then their lips would contact. Seungcheol was so desperate because he wanted to move closer. He studied the expression in Jeonghan's eyes. He saw curiosity, anxiousness but he didn't see a longing for Jisoo. He couldn't detect what Jeonghan wanted. Seungcheol wanted to move forward but he couldn't.

 

Because time had stopped for the both of them and neither boy knew what the other wanted.

 

So they stayed like that.

 

Until time started to start again.

 

And Jeonghan closed his eyes.

 

And Seungcheol's hands moved to cup Jeonghan's face.

 

And Jeonghan was about to make the one move to determine everything.

 

Except

 

He couldn't

 

And he didn't

 

Because…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

HELLO HELLO!! LONG TIME NO SEE

 

WELL…

 

STUFF HAPPENED

 

YEAH.

 

I FEEL REALLY BAD ABOUT ENDING THE CHAPTER HERE BECAUSE NOW YOU’LL HAVE TO WAIT FOR LIKE A WEEK UNTIL YOU GET TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

 

RIGHT NOW, I’M IN THE SCHOOL LIBRARY. IT’S 4TH PERIOD AND I USUALLY HAVE GYM BUT SINCE I BROKE MY TOE I GET TO GO TO THE LIBRARY!!!!! I’M LIKE THE ONLY PERSON IN THERE AND THE LIBRARIANS ARE CREEPING ME OUT BECAUSE THEY’RE COMING HERE LIKE EVERY SECOND TO CHECK WHAT I’M DOING.

 

I WANT TO ADD IN A BUNCH OF SIDE COUPLES BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT BUT SINCE THIS WAS A JEONGCHEOL STORY I’M NOT SO SURE ABOUT THAT…

 

THIS CHAPTER IS SO SUSPENSEFUL!!!

 

SINCE I’M GOING TO BE IN THE LIBRARY LIKE EVERY DAY FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS (SCHOOL ENDS IN 2 WEEKS) I MIGHT UPDATE MORE OFTEN.

 

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT? (ANSWER THIS QUESTION IN THE COMMENTS SECTION)

 

SINCE I DON’T HAVE MUCH TO TELL YOU

 

BUH-BYEEEEE!!!!!

 

I LOVE ALL OF U!!!


-floweroone