Chapter Two:

My Royal Punishment

Kyungsoo POV: 

 

Sleep is for the weak, yes of course it was, even for a medical student who is indeed obliged to stay up late all the time to study.

 

But for a medical student who is stuck in the middle of a shotgun marriage and is forced to get married, you probably just want to sleep for the whole entire week now, not even sparing the sunshine a chance to say good morning to you. 

 

And this is what I am actually doing right now. 

 

I laid in my bed for what seemed to be for the last 7 hours now, it was a weekend fortunately, and I seemed like a sick person being bedridden from a disease or cold. I even locked my room, so that Umma won't just barge in to try and squeal over the articles and stories that she has been reading since yesterday about the Royal Family. She would go on like forever, telling me how lucky I was and she was blessed to have a son like me while jumping on my bed and showering me with kisses like a three-year old.

 

I was just comfortable leaning my back on my comfy pillow, with a huge comforter covering the whole length of my legs, air condition which was down to high cool as I typed away the term paper that was due on a Monday on my laptop resting on my lap.

 

How am I able to show face on a Monday? 

 

My thoughts were practically so random and sometimes moody, like it would just like to pop out questions in my head at a time where I don't even need or have the guts to answer them yet. I sighed as I stopped typing, pondering at the fact that there will only be two things that might happen to me when I show face at school ---

 

It's either I get shoved in the and get bullied by a thousand of students and tell me how ugly I was and I don't deserve the Prince, or I get a lot of smiles and people will want to befriend me and love me at the same time.

 

Wait, I deserve the Prince? Please, he cannot even deserve a pint of my attention, and he doesn't need me as he says so. Psh.

 

I rubbed my temple as a million thoughts and possibilities ran through my head, wondering if it was better not to attend class on the first day of the week or attend class and just wear a brown bag with a weird looking sketch of a face.

 

To forget my worries and bad omens, I decided to just scan on the internet and check if there was anything new on the mail, I typed my e-mail and then password and waited a little while for a junk pile of messages to load.

 

There were new messages of course, like the new updates to the new online magazine that I was reading about doctors and their success stories, there were some that were of the latest chapters of the online book that I was reading ever since.

 

And my face just turned down into what seemed to be Death in a splattered in a bloody plate when I saw a bunch of random messages that came from my classmates.

 

Wow. I am not even married to that royal whatsoever yet, but I am now here taking full responsibility of how my image of publicity should be managed and spread throughout the University, and I have to keep up with a stronghold of good reputation.

 

Well that's just great.

 

And basically, they were all about the Royal Marriage. 

 

A lot and most of them were excited to know when will be the date and if they can take part in the event, some were telling me their regards of congratulations and how lucky I was to have been chosen by the Prince, also there were some who actually gave out sad messages, telling me to take good care of the Prince and how they wished they were in my place right now. I just rolled my eyes on these lame messages as I placed them all on the spam folder. 

 

Yeah sure why not? You guys can wish all you want, you guys could even want to wish that you had to possess my body so that you could marry that piece of a brat that he is. I would gladly make it come true, even if it would risk me to exchange with a girl.

 

And as I was moving every other annoying message from my classmates, I have then scrolled down to a certain message that I wasn't half expecting to see and half expecting to actually receive. It gave my heart a little jump as I felt happy and warm at the name etched on my monitor screen.

 

It was my best friend Baekhyun.

 

I thought I would never have to talk to him again after what had happened two days ago, and I felt so delighted to have him at least approach me first. And without more thought, I quickly opened the message to see what was in store for me.

 

[From: Baekhyunnie ~

 

To: Kyunggie Bby <3

 

Hey Kyungsoo, I don't really know what to say right now, but I want to say sorry for actually acting out like that last time. I know that you will never lie to me, and you have always stayed true to your word, I am sorry, I kind of doubted you of not telling me that you had something with the Prince but, I just want to let you know that I totally understand and accept the fact that the Prince had chosen you. And I am really happy for you Kyung, I really am. 

 

Talk to me about it in school when we see each other on a Monday, okay? :))]

 

I felt like all the heavy burden that was placed ever so brutally on my shoulders got a tad bit lighter, my heart fluttered in heavenly flight, as I typed away my reply to him.

 

[From: Kyungsoo

 

To: Sassy Byun

 

Baekhyun, thank you for trusting in me. I hope you are doing fine. I am sorry for the sudden news and the shock that I have given you. I promise to tell you everything in detail when we see each other in school.

 

I am just happy that you are okay.]

 

I pressed the send button, as I leaned my back against the comfy pillow, sighing in great relief. I let out a small smile of contentment as I closed the laptop for a while, laying my head for a little rest. 

 

'Knock knock! Knock knock!' 

 

I raised up my head swiftly, shuffled out of my bed as I stood up and walked towards the door, I cleared my throat a little since I know I still sound like a man who hasn't gargled any mouthwash for the last century. 

 

"Who is it?"

 

"It's me hyung, let me in" his thin yet much more manly voice echoed from the other side as I unlocked the door. I opened it a little and peeked my head out of it.

 

"What is it you want?" I asked him in a more soft, caring manner as I raised my head a little to meet his gaze. 

 

Oh by the way, meet my little brother, Sehun. 

 

His hair unkempt, his bangs were usually long, that was up to the lashes of his eyes, multi-colored, all accord with the latest trends of colors that you haven't seen in your entire life, he could even beat the color wheel for that. Wearing his same loose white sweater that hangs at the edges of his sharp shoulders, all the while because he was born lanky, and also like me, has the same distasteful, arrogant and much likely infuriated look that makes you think that it was even wrong for him to be even born in this world.

 

And by the way, bless his height. I swear I don't even know why he was lucky to be that tall when I am the eldest and should've had deserved a tall frame.

 

Although he always placed a happy smile whenever he meets my gaze, and he never fails to do so, like what he is doing right now. 

 

Once again, my baby brother, Sehun.

 

"Can I come in? I feel lonely." He tilted his head a little, to take a little glimpse my peeking head, giving him a light nod before I opened the door widely enough for him to pass. 

 

When he was inside now, I immediately closed the door behind me, walking towards my bed as I saw him sitting down already at the bedside. He made out a few playful jumps, and as he had found it satisfyingly comfortable, he lay his whole body flat on the bed. 

 

I walked a few steps until I reached my bed, sat down at the far edge of the bedside at the tip of his toes. I made out a small laugh as I saw him rolling back and forth like it was some kind of child's play thing. Still like a kid as usual.

 

"Is there anything you want to tell me Hun?" I asked him as I waited for him to stop his game for a little while, and finally he stood up from lying down, fixing his sweater creases before he sat perfectly down. 

 

The thing about Sehun was that, he was exactly like me, he doesn't like to blabber or talk that much. He was the type of person that you would want to leave alone and be at his peace, and never bother to pester on again. He isn't an introvert, it's just that when someone would want to befriend Sehun, you actually have to know how to press the right buttons on him, and click you guys are good to go.

 

Unlike me and Baekhyun, despite us being a natural disaster since we are total opposites, albeit the differences, we definitely still are the best of friends. Although Sehun, for the taking, also has his fair share of friends in school, but then his group weren't the type to actually be talked about on the dining table, like how I talk about Baekhyun to my parents, making him even visit the house and even sleepover for the night, like he was a long-lost son of some sort. 

 

This was the very big difference of Sehun's friends compared to my only best friend. My family treated Baekhyun as family, but for Sehun's peers, he would rather not let them be recognized nor be known to us, just like an invisible cloak, it's actually there, but you couldn't see it, lest be visible to the eye. 

 

Whenever I get the chance to throw out random questions about his friends, his constant reply will always be the same ---

 

'They're just my friends in school, there is nothing special about them, they aren't worth the talk either.'

 

I just wish he finds the right kind of friends soon, at least to see him smile more often. 

 

Wait a minute, why have I always fancied or loved to see people smile or rather why do I like making them smile and happy?

 

When all the while, I can never make myself happy? 

 

"Hyung? Are you listening to me?" Sehun's voice boomed on to my head as I realized that I was deep thinking again. I shook my head a little as I stared back at him not knowing what he was telling me a minute or so ago.

 

"I-I u-aughh. . . I'm sorry, w-what was it you were saying Hun?" I lowered my gaze and focused on the tousled comforters, fiddling my hands on them as I felt a creep of heat rise up to my cheeks, I gripped a small amount of cloth lightly, just to stop myself from feeling embarassed. 

 

"It's okay Hyung, I was just asking if you were alright." He chuckled lightly, putting his hand up on to my head as he ruffled my hair. 

 

"I am fine Hun, there isn't anything you need to worry about." I giggled at the action as I playfully pushed his hand away from my hair and fixed it up a bit. 

 

If I could just tell you everything about this here and now, I would. But I don't want you to see me hurt like this Hun. 

 

It's not the right time for you to know.

 

He folded his knees together as he sat comfortably, looking at me with care and worry at the same time. 

 

"You nervous about this marriage thing?"

 

I never expected to actually encounter that kind of question right from my brother's mouth. I kind of want to tell him to not open the topic, but that would seem kind of rude, as if rejecting his concern for you. 

 

Hearing the same word every now and then, that same word that probably should have given me the hype of heartbeats and a feel of excitement down my spine, is not the word that I am longing to actually face at this age of my life. 

 

Marriage is a very serious matter, as many would say it's a living proof that a couple are to be made as one whole person, like when you have finally found your other half and you feel like you are at the tip of your nirvana or something because you are somewhat complete. 

 

But for a marriage where you just got into it, and you barely even know the person, or you don't even love this person, then you probably should have stepped into the wrong side of the story, or jumped in into someone else's chapter.

 

"Y-yeah, maybe. . . sort of. . ." I looked away from my brother as I moved myself to sit near the bed headboard where the nightstand was located. I pressed my palm onto the many pages of the term paper that I have been working on for weeks, focusing on it as it laid helplessly lifeless on the nightstand.

 

I can't even have the guts to look at my brother now huh? 

 

I then felt my brother shift a little bit, and the next thing you know, I felt a welcoming warmth rest above my shoulder, Sehun then snuggled a bit closer to me just to at least give me some comfort. 

 

"I might not have said a lot of things to you for the past few days, but I just want to let you know that if there is anything that's bothering you, even this marriage thing, I'll always be right here Hyung." He held my free hand as he squeezed it lightly to make me feel better.

 

His words gave life to my heart as I looked back at him and smiled widely. I couldn't contain that little happiness I felt when he said those words. I then lowered my head and kissed the scalp of his hair softly before I laid my head on top of his

 

"I always knew you will Hun. I always knew."

 

Despite his 'almost-to-kill-you' kind of visage, and even though we still had a lot of words unspoken to each other, I have always been thankful that he always was there for me and got my back.

 

But then I know this won't last long. Because, I don't know when but a few days from now. . .

 

I might not be able to feel his presence anymore.

 

I gave out a deep contented sigh as I rubbed the back of his palm a few times, before he let go of it and sat up once more, looking at me with now raised brows. 

 

"So what are you gonna do about later then?"

 

What the hell is he talking about just now?

 

"What do you mean? What is going to happen later?" I asked as I furrowed my brows deeply, squinting my eyes at him before I gave out an unconscious pout.

 

Wait, what does he mean by what am I gonna do about it? 

 

What's later? 

 

"You have no idea, do you?" He smirked a bit as I tilted my head into further confusion.

 

Before I had to retort for a reply, or even ask what it was all about, I then heard a soft knock on the door, rather than knocking twice to push through, a voice then echoed from behind it.

 

"Kyungie-ah!!! Get off your room right now and get dressed!!! You have a visitor today." Umma exclaimed, as she then continuously knocked on the door just to call for my attention.

 

Visitors at this time of the afternoon? No ones visits me at a time like this without prior notice.

 

"You didn't know?" Sehun lightly chuckled as he coverd his mouth with his fist. I was still on the verge of thinking when suddenly my door just miraculously opened for some reason, revealing my so-called visitors for the day.

 

How the hell in nowhere did they come to unlock my secured door?!

 

Two men wearing black suits entered my room as they stood at both ends of the door, they seemed very stunning, with their groomed blazers and shined shoes, but at the same time they were intimidating, sending trembles on my intestines. 

 

Being frantic and startled, I quickly shuffled onto my bed and hid my whole body under the covers, I couldn't understand what I was feeling right now, but all I know was that I am starting to feel the chills of horror down my spine. 

 

I can sense Sehun laughing so hard at me right now. I swear I am gonna kill him for this when I get out of my shell.

 

I then heard a slow tapping of footsteps that seemed to get louder and closer to where I was.

 

Oh my glob. 

 

So like this is the end of me? That's it? Like these men in black are gonna take me and arrest me and sentence me with death or even worse ---

 

Are they aliens?! Alien abduction?!! 

 

Is this what I get for watching too much science-fiction movies? 

 

"Why are you hiding yourself in there? You seem to look like a turtle." A man's deep voice vibrated onto my comforters, as I notice the movement that the fabrics were making, until finally they surprised me as a head popped out of the open like a lollipop freshly made from a candy shop.

 

It made me jump out of shock a little bit though.

 

"Missed me?"

 

His hair were a bit curly and ily disheveled, alongside with a crisp hue of light brown colored elegantly. He was also wearing an ed and somehow creased white collar, with some lensless black-framed glasses hung on his nosebridge.

 

Why does his lips seem so red and familiar? 

 

Snap out of it, Kyungsoo.

 

Weird things rile up in my head as I tried to wash them away, closing my eyes for a while, lowering my head in thinking. When I knew that thay they were all gone, I slowly turned to open my eyes again, and this time my sight went from the white collar he was wearing, to those luscious lips that were bothering me like the Baby Ice Cream Commercial that I am trying to avoid, and finally up to meet his light brown eyes under those glasses.

 

And to sum up the worst of all, is that he is the person I would never have the capability or rather even the slightest dare to have the strength to see him right now.

 

Prince Chanyeol.

 

How the world without ends did he get in here?! Why the heck is HE here?!

 

"I-I . . . Ugh. . . W-what are you. . ." my eyes were inhumanely wide again. He kind of caught me off guard.

 

By the way, why do you keep stuttering? Haven't seen a monster that ruined your life before?

 

Our faces were mere inches close to each other, like there was some kind of magnet that won't even pull our faces apart from each other. I could feel his breath spread through my bottom lip, our noses even touching as I felt my stomach soon flip backwards or something.

 

Now, why can I hear my heart beat so loudly?

 

He was breathing onto me, his breath ever so hot and all the while it kept me a little bit bothered. Even my breathing was starting to hitch, sometimes trying to avoid breathing back at him since I still reek of the morning breath if you know what I mean. 

 

At least I am being kind for not making him faint.

 

He didn't move nor did he even break the staring game that was commenced between us, he seemed like he was even examining my whole disheveled, confusing and all the while uninteresting existence, or like we were staring and eating up the souls out of us when I suddenly realized that our gap was now just a string of a yarn away from each other.

 

And there I felt a soft plush something touch my lips.

 

And this time, it was longer than the first one.

 

Oh no he didn't. 

 

He did not.

 

WHY IS HE PUNISHING ME LIKE THIS SO BADLY?

 

Why is he kissing me like a cheap-assed hooker? 

 

It took a few millenia of processing before I realized the Prince was kissing me again. But instead of actually waiting for him to break it, I immediately pushed him away from me, panicking as I got out from the covers and kicked them all off my entire body. 

 

My eyes were wide as the galaxy per usual, and my breathing was uneven as I let out strong exhales while witnessing the men in black suits help the Prince out of the blankets. Sehun, who was apparently now at the front of the door looked at me in a confused and worry look, wondering if I was okay, since I probably looked like I murdered a diamond in the rough of some sort. 

 

I gave him a light smile and a nod, telling that I was fine and there was nothing much to worry about, and as he had the brains to quickly catch my language, he immediately gave out an approving nod as he then probably decided to exit the room quietly, clicking the door shut then after.

 

Oh Sehun, if you only knew what it feels like to murder this crowned bastard right now.

 

"You seem to have such strong legs, I am very much impressed." My attention got back to the Prince, who was now actually free and out from the hold of the tight covers, as he softly caressed his bottom lip with the back of his thumb, guessing that I have actually kicked him there without my knowing, as he soon gave an ample to it, before giving all his emotionless gaze back at me.

 

Oh don't worry, you deserve much much better, a slit through your throat will be fine for you, right? 

 

But wait, why does he look so. . . so. . . oh glob don't Kyungsoo. You are just distracted don't you dare say the 'H' word.

 

"Oh, why thank you, Your Highness, I just wanted you to have a good taste of your own medicine." I stared him with disgust and madness. He just then threw a dark, deep chuckle as he stood up from his position. He walked back and forth for a little while before he went back at sparing me a glance, with a smirk on his face.

 

I want to punch him there and then. I swear. I want his soul on my platter. 

 

"It pains me to hear that, but that's okay, I just came here to visit something that is rightfully mine." Emphasizing the last part, that was the signal as I felt my adrenaline boil. I can feel a slight coil in my stomach as heat rose up to my neck. I was beginning to go and feel furious, but I didn't want to lose the game, rather I composed myself as much and I stared at him, expressionless and unmoved. 

 

"You do not own me."

 

"Oh I do, yes of course I do own you, my love." He was walking towards the side of the bed, and as he came to a stop near the nightstand, he bent the upper half of his body just to level with my sitting stance, as we gazed into each others eyes with fire burning within us.

 

I hate him so much I want to hit the lampshade at him so badly until he bleeds blue.

 

And how dare he make the very right to call me 'my love'?!

 

"Why are you like this?" I folded my arms over my chest, giving him a monotonous, uninterested tone, watching him as he let out a smirk.

 

"I have always said to myself that when I have chosen the person to marry, I am going to address him as my love."

 

I scoffed, I rolled my eyes and looked away from him, I couldn't believe this guy. I tried to entertain my sight on the arid white walls and garnished door, just to avoid looking at his face.

 

I swear this is sickening. I want to puke on his face right now.

 

I then realized that the two men in suits were now actually walking off to the door, probably by command of the Prince as I saw them giving him a slight nod before they exited the room and closed it shut. 

 

It was me and him all over again. All alone. Just the two of us. Wow. Closure? Most certainly not.

 

A few more minutes of silence, as I didn't even try to move a muscle. It's as if that whenever the Prince is around me, I feel like I am being prohibited to move freely, like I can't just do whatever I want.

 

"I just want to let you know that I am taking this as a serious matter, and that I just want your humble cooperation with this." 

 

"You never even asked for my consent if I would agree to marry you or not. And you are asking me to cooperate?" I said it a little harshly, was toned down into what seemed to be a tone of sadness. My heart felt like it was going to sink on a sea of tears, this situation that I am in is just like getting into a somewhat wonder dream where you didn't want to be in or even want to dream of in the first place, but since you accidentally had to take a peek into it and totally got in, you couldn't go back anymore, since there were no doors from behind that were open for you to back out, and you are left with no choice but to actually face the consequences. 

 

"Even when I am required to ask you, you still cannot change what has been vowed and promised to do. It is a promise of commitment, and it is a shame if I break it." 

 

My brow raised at the statement that he said, making me look back at him and saw that he had already moved away from the bedside, and was now standing before the large window beside my nightstand, hands in his pockets and locking his gaze on what seemed to be interesting for him on the outside.

 

"As a Prince, I should stand by my word and what I command is what I should. If I am to become King, who will stand by me if I don't stand for myself?"

 

It amazes me so much that with him being a Prince, it's kind of a wonder that he should have at least worn something formal or presentable like his royal clothes or what not, but coming here visiting me, wearing only his crumpled, slight-buttoned white polo, with wearing just a normal black jeans is enough for me to actually think that he has wardrobe malfunctions or that his servants have fashion issues themselves. 

 

Albeit all that, he still stands out handsome anyways.

 

Why is my attention now more into his looks rather than his royal stupidity? 

 

Kyungsoo. What is wrong?

 

"I know what I did was wrong, but that was the only way I could think of. . ." his voice ringed on my mind to wake me up from overthinking, I felt myself jump at the sudden intrusion, but I was more than thankful for him to snap me out of it when I realized I was staring at the ground where he was standing in.

 

"Can we just both be straight to the point and be honest with ourselves that we both do not want this, and why can't we just call off the marriage and tell them that it was some kind of mistake?" I had to say it. I really had to. I felt like I am really being heavily chained on the neck as a life-long prisoner.

 

"If you think this is just about the marriage and about you who just suddenly got chosen, then you might have been clearly mistaken." He looked back at me, and this time his eyes were writing a very unique story that even I myself cannot deny but just feel pity on him as he lightly furrowed his brows.

 

I felt like his words even struck me dearly.

 

His eyes were like that of a dying bird, trapped in its cage forever until it miserably just bids farewell to the world without having to taste the feel of freedom. The glow that the sun threw on his pupils failed to shine, losing it's beauty as it turned pitch dark and lifeless, like what his eyes would usually draw out.

 

He's sad. 

 

But why? 

 

Are there more of the the reasons why we have to pursue this marriage? 

 

I lowered my gaze to look more into the floor, I felt kind of guilty when I saw his expression. I didn't know what I was supposed to do right at the moment. I heard him gave out a tired sigh and went on quiet all of a sudden.

 

"I understand, Your Highness." 

 

Somehow, I have felt a little connection bringing me and the Prince rather close. I have guessed that he also has been feeling the same thing that I have been into -- sadness and dissappointment to oneself. Even before this thing happened, I have already been feeling those kind of emotions.

 

It's like you're some kind of doll, where you don't have the freedom to act up for yourself or even express for what you feel. You just sit there and wait for other people to write your story and make you of who you are. You aren't allowed to move as you please, and the only thing that you can freely do is watch and observe as you slowly turn to be like them, and not turn into who you really are.

 

Aren't we who we really are? Why does it feel empty?

 

I got lost on track when I felt a weight sink onto my bed. I looked up to see that the Prince was now sitting on the bedside, trying to keep himself comfortable as he raised a leg to put it to rest on the soft foam. 

 

"I. . . Augh. . . Just call me Chanyeol by the way. . ." he scratched the back of his neck as he tried to look away from me. I tilted my head to wonder why, when I noticed his large elf ears were actually colored into a satisfying amount of pink. I let go of my folded arms as I lazily placed them on either side, feeling the coolness of the bed, as I have at least calmed down and was more onto examining what the Prince was actually doing.

 

Is he blushing? Embarassed? 

 

I have never seen this side of him before.

 

I couldn't help but giggle at the reaction, as I covered my mouth with my hand, he looked back at me as he heard, laughing lightly at what he had just done. I felt contented as I saw him laugh, he doesn't usually do that. I feel kind of proud that despite the fact that we just personally knew each other last two days ago, he can manage to show me one of his precious smiles.

 

Despite the tension we had, our silence isn't even awkward or deafening. 

 

It just feels warm and inviting. Like it's fine to be with each other like this.

 

It feels. . . right.

 

"Call me Chanyeol. You will eventually be my crowned fiancé soon, and I don't want you to feel inferior of me." He said as he looked back at me with a gentle smile. 

 

"Is there any other way we can solve this?" I felt another wave of sadness as he spoke those words to me, it was out of the tad bit feel of desperation that I still had in me. And I couldn't just keep everything in. I wasn't still fully into the marriage and I didn't want it.

 

He lowered his gaze on the bed, as he was practically thinking of a solution, and grin was plastered on his face as he stared back at me. 

 

"I know I cannot promise you much right now, but this one promise I can do. I want you to get married with me and after the marriage has soon partake, I will then have to file a divorce, although you have to at least spend a few months with me as my newly wed, so as to not give the public any suspicions."

 

I pondered on his words, thinking about it. It was true, the marriage was in need to take place, since as a Prince it would be a shame of he didn't show face to the public that he would in fact marry me out of law. I nodded my head to myself as I have fully agreed that a little adjustment would do and wouldn't hurt nevertheless. 

 

If this is the only way to earn my freedom, even though it would take me a long road, then I am happily going to help him out.

 

"I'll do it then, for your sake and for mine." I smiled at him genuinely.

 

After which, I saw him fumbling his fingers onto a necklace that he was wearing on his neck. He struggled a little bit as he took the pendant out from underneath his clothes, and he finally got it off from his body.

 

"Come closer." He commanded me, gripping the necklace a little tighter. When were inches close enough, he placed the necklace onto me from the head, and as I heard a clang, the necklace was now in the right place at my neck. 

 

"It looks good on you." He said satisfyingly as he looked at me in amusement. 

 

He did not just give me THIS.

 

"I-It's the Royal Symbol. . ." I gulped my accumulating saliva before I let my mouth go on gaping at the jewelry that seemed to me like as if it was the only thing you can find in this world and was bought on the Black Market or something. I don't even deserve to touch it with my bare hands as the said jewelry which was now in my possession, just rested nicely as it hung on my neck.

 

"P-Prin --- Augh Chanyeol. . . I-I cannot a-accept this. . . t-this is too much. . ." I was about to take hold of the chain when a large soothing hand stopped me from doing so. I looked at Chanyeol and he shook his head lightly.

 

"I want you to wear it. It's a symbol for my promise to you. The promise of a freedom that you long deserve. . ." he picked up the pendant as he tried to scan it from side to side. 

 

I looked at him and I saw his eyes filled with sincerity. I felt like everything that he had said to me was true and that I can really count on him with this promise.

 

"This was given to me by my mother when I was 5, it means commitment, strength, hope and of course a promise. A vow." 

 

I examined the necklace and saw how beautiful it was, and I couldn't even believe that I am the one, a mere normal person who was given the chance to wear it. 

 

The chains were all in pure gold, and there was a lock from behind it where small diamond was placed above. The most beautiful about it was the pendant itself. It was circular in shape and had small diamonds drawn on it, with gold as its base. The spirit animal, a fiery phoenix, which represented Chanyeol as the Prince, was carved as the center of the pendant, whereas at the bottom where engraved Hangul characters of Chanyeol's name.

 

"I want you to have it. When you feel like you are on the verge of giving up, hold on to it for strength. And if you are in doubt of my promise, do the same, and it will assure you that I will always be true to my word. . ." he held up my free hand, drawing it close to his lips, I can then again feel his breath envelop the back of my hand as he looked at me with a smile. 

 

". . . and I always will for you, my love." And with that he kissed the knuckles of my hand, earning me a tinge of red on my face as I awed at the action that he has done.

 

Why does it feel so dreamy all of a sudden? 

 

Why is my heart beating so fast?

 

Why does it feel so right?

 

---

 

Night came in a swift cast as Chanyeol had already left the house 3 hours ago. After he bid goodbye and left, I quickly locked the door to my room so that mom won't barge in and pester me about what happened for today. 

 

I just laid on the porch of my large window, opened it wide to welcome the night breeze to touch my skin, cool and breezy. All the while it satisfied my heart anyways. 

 

I fiddled on the the pendant of my necklace, as I looked up into the stars that were magnificently etched on the sky with the full moon.

 

I just really felt relaxed. Even if it was just for the meantime.

 

Give me the strength to face all of this. All of what's going to happen soon.

 

I was so into my mind of prayers as I have yet to realize that I was already laying my head on my folded arms that rested on the porch, as I made myself be drifted into the wonders of Dreamland.

 

I think I can take on anything. I really know I can.

 

As long as Chanyeol will stay right by my side. . . 

 

I think.

 

——————————————————

 

Author's Note:

 

CHAPTER TWO DONE!!! 

Sorry for taking so long guys. I really had a hard time doing the beta since no one is helping me out with this. 

 

It's just me, myself and I. XD

 

Anyways, there you guys have it! Sehun is now in the picture as Kyungsoo's little brother. 

 

I kind of find them quite similar and I sometimes like how the maknae would try to throw aegyo at Kyungsoo.

 

Anyways, I hope you guys will enjoy this. Will be into Chapter Three soon.

 

P.S. I couldn't update my other stories. I have to be in the right mood for a story T u T 

 

But I will try soon ~ <3

 

Enjoy reading ~ *puing-puing^^*