Chapter Nineteen:

My Royal Punishment

Kyungsoo POV:

 

What is taking Jongdae so long?

 

Left and right, up and down, side to side – whatever it is these boring four walls of the University have, it couldn’t actually suffice the aching anxiety I am having. I know I am trying my best to entertain myself as I wait here at the entrance but I just can’t get myself to ease. I mean really –

 

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR JONGDAE TO GET HERE?!

School gate my really, he said on the phone he was already here but look at this, there isn’t even any car waiting for me out here either.

Kim Jongdae, where the are you?

 

He has never took this long, or is it just me because I am awfully in a hurry since practically “my head aches” is the reason why I called Jongdae out to fetch me.

 

When in reality I just literally wanted to go home in a hurry because Chanyeol has a fever and is need for tender, loving, care.

Care my .

I don’t even know if he needs me around at this time that he’s sick, after the day we fought and I didn’t want to see his very existence anymore, he never really made me feel that he was there, that he was present.

 

“Where the are you, Kim Jongdae?” I mumbled to myself as I walked back and forth, looked up and down and even twirled around on the same spot at the entrance of the University like a kid for almost hours.

 

Was it really hours, Soo?

Or are you just really that impatient right now since you need to get to the Palace right away?

Aahhh ~ The perks of falling in love, yeah right.

 

“Gosh, I swear I am going to choke the out of that valet if he doesn’t – ” I was really this close to complaining already when I saw a pair of black cars driving into the school gates. I stopped whatever I was doing, which was actually pretending to talk to someone as I fixed my composure and immediately went down the steps of the entrance to give a very warm welcome to the valet that practically made me feel so impatient.

The car stopped in front of where I was standing, the first car to be exact. The driver of the car got out to greet me first, before walking to the other side of the car to open the door to the front seat.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t about time that you showed up, my head is ing killing me.” I clamored right away as I saw the valet’s head pop out from the car, turning himself around to look at me with his usual mischievous smile.

“Have you been told that you are not allowed to swear, Your Majesty?” He smirked, standing right in front of me as he greeted me with a bow.

 

Talk about Joker I tell you.

He looks like the Joker really, just a bit normal to the touch, I guess.

 

“Whatever Jongdae, it’s just you anyway so please stop it with the manners?” I raised an eyebrow at him, folding my arms on my chest as he gave me a soft chuckle.

“Why so serious now? Did your aching head really hit you than bad?”

 

Jongdae please.

This is not time for you to joke around.

I need to go back to the Palace because Chanyeol needs me.

PLEASE.

 

 “So, can we please leave immediately? I am in such a hurry.” I walked passed him, completely ignoring his sarcastic question as my steps were brisk and off to the other side of the car where the driver had opened the door to the back seat for me.

“Woah, okay, Your Majesty, we’ll be leaving now. Just chill.” He hurried back to the front seat as he opened the door and immediately sat himself in, as I also followed suit. The driver closed the door after I have gotten in and as I was seated comfortably near the window, I couldn’t help but notice Jongdae as he was fastening his seatbelt.

“What took you so long?”

“What do you mean took so long? It was barely even 15 minutes since we arrived here to fetch you?” He stopped fiddling on the seatbelt as I raised the question at him, he quickly looked back at me in suspicion, not minding that the driver is already in the car and is ready to go.

“But it was really long; you got me waiting really long, Dae. I was about to explode when you guys didn’t even arrive five minutes or so.” I slumped my back softly on the backrest, sighing in disappointment and pretending that my head actually aches as I rubbed soothing circles on my forehead.

 

You do mean you are disappointed because they got here 15 minutes later, but then you needed to leave like ASAP?

When did I ever feel this so impatient?

I mean really?

 

“Seriously? Your head must be aching really badly. You need to take immediate rest when you get back to the castle.”

“Where is Chanyeol resting by the way?” Again, ignoring his words, I asked him directly without any hesitation. I stopped acting around as I tilted my head a bit to the left to see Jongdae’s face.

“Why are you asking me that? Shouldn’t you be more worried about your explosive and painful headache?” He looked back to me, his brows crunched, wrinkling his forehead as he looked at me in a mixture of worry and curiosity.

“I can manage my own headache thank you very much, but my top concern right now is if Chanyeol is okay and if he’s still alive and breathing.”

“You sound like you missed him, did you?” He raised a brow at me, staring at me intently as I had to break eye contact with him to hide my worry. I lowered my head and regained myself to look at the window instead, to also hide the slow creeping of a pink tint on my cheeks.

“N-no, I don’t m-miss him. I was j-just wondering.” I replied faintly and probably in a very hushed or quiet manner, I know a smirk was drawing on his face even when I don’t look at him.

“Really? Well, he’s at his Study Room, laying his weak body on his large chair and being the saddest human being he is in his entire existence in this world.” I looked back at him, his face was back to its default mischief, eyebrows wiggling at me as his smirk was wider than earlier.

 

Seriously, he looks like he can kill any woman with just his joker looks.

I mean, he does have the charisma and the looks, did anyone even ever had the guts to flirt at him?

Good question though.

Does he like someone right now?

 

“Are you implying something?” I gave him my usual death stare, and as per usual it didn’t take effect on him as all he ever did was reply with a laugh, shaking his head in amusement, as if it was a joke.

 

Is he mocking me or something?

This valet really.

No wonder Chanyeol likes him to be his right hand so much.

 

“Not implying but assuming that you might want to also rest there and cuddle with him, don’t you think? They say love and cuddles can make you feel better.”

“Gross, too sappy stop doing that, Jongdae.” He got me there pretty badly; I rolled my eyes in disbelief as he continued to laugh at his own contentment. I looked away and went back to staring at the window, calmly waiting for us to arrive back at the Palace.

 

But really though, how is he right now?

I heard he didn’t want to eat nor does he want to take his meds.

What is that prince thinking really?

Does he wanna die early?

Doesn’t he want to stay with me for all his eternity?

 

“You know, you could have just stopped the pretending and the lying about your headache, Soo. If you just really wanted to get home because of Chanyeol, why didn’t you just tell me directly?” I didn’t look back at Jongdae’s direction anymore, as I was now more focused on the calm weather and beautiful things I see on the window. I made a small smile, my heart felt calm and my head a bit silent, I felt a bit overwhelmed that despite the short period of time that me and Jongdae spent together, he knows me quite well.

 

Such a keen observer and a good friend, I can tell.

 

“I didn’t want to; because I know you know that I’ll always lie about it anyways. I’ll always lie about the fact that I do and will always care for him even if he’s so far away from me.” I lowered my head, my hand reaching out for the Royal Symbol that was still worn around my neck. I fiddled on the pendant, feeling every detail and design that it has been made, and was only made for the one person I have cared for the most right now.

“I’ll always lie about the fact that I don’t hate him, that I will never despise him or will I ever even blame him for everything that is happening to me. I’ll lie, I’ll always lie to myself that no, I hate him. I really, really hate him. But no, no matter how hard I try to lie to myself, I know deep inside, that I am happy that he chose me and that I am contented that I love him enough to be his fiancé.”

Silence was the only response Jongdae gave to me, he probably got out of comeback and words to say, as I only saw through my peripheral vision that he replied with a silent, sincere smile before looking back at the front.

 

I don’t feel mad nor sad at all.

I just feel happy that we met, that the incident on that day happened at the lockers.

The day where he chose me to be with him as his fiancé.

I don’t regret.

And never will at all.

---

 

Chanyeol’s POV:

Alright. I am getting worse and worse by the minute.

Somehow I can’t feel my head anymore. It’s so heavy.

I can’t even get up from my seat.

 

I just stayed on my seat inside my study for what seemed to be the whole day? As I tried to lean my head at the backrest. My head wasn’t cooperating anymore, no matter how hard I try to keep the pain in, it just gets worse by the minute. I think I probably hallucinated a few more times the past days, Jongdae reminding me all the time that I was speaking to no one but thin air.

 

“Your Highness, I really think you should go to the doctor. Like REALLY. And I am not a dinosaur??!”

“Why should I? A-nd why and am I t-talking to a T-rex again?”

Ugh. What a shame. Really.

I am just really glad it was Jongdae who had to deal with my weird imaginations. If it was someone else, I might have been called crazy by the press.

More so insane.

But that can be a good thing though, since that means I have at least fulfilled my childhood dreams of being called insane like one of my favorite comic villains of all time.

Tan tanaaan – the Joker!!

But Jongdae would fit the role more as the Joker.

But still, I get to fulfill a life long dream.

Well who am I kidding anyways?

What’s so nice about the Joker when he can’t ---

He can’t. . .

He can’t have a Harley Quinn beside him?

Stupid, right?

 

I groaned in the never-ending pain. It was as if my head was being drilled forcefully by some unknown object or specie, that just really wants me paralyzed and gone forever.

 

Make that dead.

I mean totally DEAD.

 

I braced myself as I held the armchair, helping and trying to get myself up. I slipped a bit, my feet trembling as I tried to force myself off the chair. A few seconds and as I have finally gotten up, I leaned to my chair for a bit of support, as I felt the adrenaline in my body decrease, making me feel so pale, wanting to just lie on the floor and faint.

 

I look like a total mess I swear.

I haven’t changed clothes since yesterday.

I haven’t even had the guts to brush my hair.

I look so horrible.

The floor looks so attractive right now I swear.

I mean standing up from this damn chair took me like forever to do and now I feel tired after doing this?

Man up, Chanyeol. You can do this, you are not a baby anymore.

And I don’t need anyone’s help.

I can take this on my own.

 

I rushed, as fast as I could, as I abruptly stood from, away from my seat, walking past my study as I struggled to reach the door. It felt like I was being choked off my breath as I tried to walk fast. Once I took hold of the door know, I exhaled deeply, finding relief as I leaned my back against the door.

 

You know what? This would have been easier if you weren’t stubborn enough and just head off to the Palace Doctor to get you checked.

But no, of course not, you deserve this. You deserve this pain and you are stubborn so you would want to just suffer the whole week in this high fever and never bother to let anyone take care of you.

Yeah. That’s right. I don’t need to be taken care of.

I am stubborn, a fool. I don’t deserve care.

I don’t deserve it. I lost the person that had given me the care I needed.

He’s not going to be there anymore. It’s all your fault.

This is all your fault, Park Chanyeol.

You ruined it. You always ALWAYS ruin everything.

 

The words he told me days before, it stirs and stirs and spins in my head all the time. Like a never-ending cycle that makes me want to regret all the things that I have done. To torment me and punish me for hurting Kyungsoo. For hurting that one person you never thought that cared for you the most.

That one person you never knew would give so much love. So much of him and of himself.

 

I don’t deserve him and I will never deserve him.

I feel so pained. So hurt and so broken.

I don’t know what to do anymore. . .

Without him. . . I. . .

I am empty.

I am nothing.

I mean nothing to the world if I don’t mean anything to him.

He said so, right?

He doesn’t love me.

He said himself, right Chanyeol?

Over and over. I’ll tell myself the same thing.

He doesn’t love me.

He will never love me back.

Never.

 

I opened the door, exited the Study Room as I walked helplessly out on the Palace grounds. I knew my vision was soon a blur, I couldn’t even see where I was walking into anymore as I aimlessly went towards different unknown directions, despite the fact that I know what the Palace grounds actually look like in clear sight.

 

I swear. This has been going on for three days now.

I am getting worse.

I mean the pain in my chest is the worst, but my fever I dunno how can I sustain my composure.

 

Yes, it’s been three days since I happened to have this damn fever of mine. It began after my heartbreaking moment with Kyungsoo in our shared bedroom. After what happened, I stayed in my Study Room, never wanting to show face or want to get out of it. The first time I felt it was when I needed to get up for school after not sleeping for a whole night. A small sneeze, I didn’t really mind, but then Ho Jung clearly noticed the redness of my eyes as told me my forehead felt too warm.

 

“Chanyeol-ah, what have you been doing? You don’t seem to look well, your forehead seems too warm than normal.”

 

I didn’t really mind, brushing her hand off that time, and telling her it was really fine. I notably realized the symptoms when I couldn’t focus in class, my head was slowly aching upon the voice of my professors every time they conduct their boring lessons. I didn’t want to take it over me, as my Elders would have said it’s always a trick of mind over matter.

 

Yeah, mind over matter my . No matter how hard I even tried to tell my head that I won’t let this sickness overcome me, the fever just kept getting stronger.

 

Jongdae said I was super stressed. After that day, he noticed how I wouldn’t even want to eat or have the appetite to see my parents. There was one time my mother would’ve wanted to see me, but Jongdae was clever enough to cover me up and told her I was in the middle of what father wanted me to do. I was, in fact making so many reports, which led to my head to ache far more than usual.

 

“Chanyeol, you cannot just live like this right now. If your health will be at stake it might take a toll on your scheduled appointments and on your duty as a Prince. You need to eat. Please have some time to sleep and stop over working and worrying. I know you’re depressed and is in sorrow right now, but this isn’t the time to sulk around Kyungsoo.”

Easy for Jongdae to say, huh?

He doesn’t know what it feels to be turned down by the person you love. Tobe left broken and empty after hearing that Kyungsoo never intended to reciprocate the feelings that I have had for him.

I thought it was real. I thought everything was real.

His smile.

His eyes.

His lips.

Everything.

I thought, all the while, that what he had showed to me was the same love and affection that I felt for him.

But no.

I wasn’t enough.

I was never enough for anyone.

 

The next few days, I just clearly stayed on my Study Room, didn’t eat nor did I even get an ounce of sleep, my body going weak each day. I was just glad I never had appointments or meetings for the week, as they were all scheduled and moved for the next week. Yesterday when I went to school, Ho Jung immediately wanted to take me to the clinic, but I kindly refused as I just laid my head on my table, trying to breathe evenly at the many hard coughs I have let out that day.

 

“Chanyeol?! Stop being a stubborn baby and get your off to the clinic? You don’t look good anymore. You’re so pale?!!”

“Am I pale enough to look exactly like Kyungsoo, huh?”

:”Snap out of it Chanyeol?! What are you even talking about? If Kyungsoo sees you at this state, you think he would be happy about this?”

“He won’t of course. . .He doesn’t even care.”

 

After that day I have been hallucinating and even more talking to myself. Jongdae also told me that I have always been mumbling Kyungsoo’s name like some kind of mantra in my head, as I have repeatedly screamed his name, the valet telling me I was screaming out of nowhere.

 

“Yah?! You better stop doing this to yourself or else I am seriously going to tell Kyungsoo about this.”

“Even though you tell him about this, he wouldn’t really care you know?”

“Dammit Chanyeol?! What are you doing to yourself?!”

“Enough for me to pay for what I have done. For hurting Kyungsoo.”

 

Whenever anyone mentions his name to me, it always feels as if my head is going to turn upside down or I am going to puke out my intestines. Hearing his name makes my stomach turn and even worse, making my heart ache so badly.

 

It’s been days since I’ve seen Kyungsoo.

Feels like a month of no water.

No, it’s like a year of never-ending pain, torment and punishment.

Without him, not seeing him, makes me feel like I don’t need to stay in this world for long.

I might just want to linger in my morbid thoughts more and just be gone in an instant.

I am nothing.

I am no Prince without my fiancé.

 

“A-aaughhhh. . .” I groaned to myself again, still walking and looking for an actual place to stay in without letting anyone know what my current condition is right now. I feel like my adrenaline is nowhere to be found anymore, as I felt my body turning cold, my eyes b with tears, blurred and is desperate to see clearly. My head wouldn’t stop pounding with the pain, as my heart ached in sync with it. I couldn’t understand what I was feeling anymore, my hands frail, my feet feeling boneless, I feel like I was soon going to stumble right there and then.

 

I can’t take it anymore. . .

I need to rest.

No, I need to go to our room,

That way when I kay down on our bed, at least I could feel his presence there.

Even if there wasn’t to be any of it in the first place.

 

My mind was in a full pain of drill and pounding, but my thoughts never left the imagination and the reenactment of Kyungsoo in my head. No matter how hard I try to focus on myself and my weak body, his face, eyes, his heart-shaped smile were all I could ever think of.

 

I really need to bang my head on a wall some time.

Alright, yes, I am right.

I am beginning to go crazy.

I am getting more insane as I think of Kyungsoo being so distant and far away from me.

I need him by my side.

I need to hold his hand.

I need to touch his face.

I need to see his smile.

I need to see him badly.

I need him.

I need Kyungsoo.

 

My body is giving up on me, I can tell by the sight of seeing weird green colors, the place was slowly falling into darkness as I still force myself to walk on, having the idea that it was better to head off our shared bedroom to take a short nap.

 

Am I even going at the right direction?

Well, I don’t care anymore, if I end up in the floor out I wouldn’t mind.

I’ll just tell them I have been sleepwalking.

Yeah, good idea.

“Chanyeol. . .?”

Wow, am I hallucinating again?

“Yeol?!!”

What is – Who is that voice??

 

I gave the most of my effort to turn around, as I heard a familiar voice calling me from behind. I know I didn’t have the capability to move myself any longer, as I have now felt the ground hit on my knees, my legs had already given up on me. I still managed to turn before the stumble, my eyes fixated on the blurry figure from afar, that seemed to actually run and rush to my direction.

 

Well , I have been caught.

Now what? Should I just faint here on the floor?

I really can’t take it anymore.

it. I don’t care what my mother and father would say after seeing their son, a wrecked mess.

Another disappointment, huh? Well I don’t give a anymore.

I just want to stumble and fall. . .

I am so weak.

 

I couldn’t see the figure clearly, but when it came to close to where I was, seeing that he had successfully caught me from actually hitting the side of my head flat on the floor, my heart lightened up, despite the fact that my body was unmoved, my hands paralyzed and my head all in the state of immobilization. I felt my heart skip a small beat, my eyes cleared from the tears that were falling from my eyes earlier, as I felt a sudden rush of relief and safety as the face of the person who held me in his arms came into view.

 

Kyungsoo.

My Kyungsoo.

 

“Yaaa?! What the hell do you think are you doing? What happened to you??! Oh dear, Chanyeol your temperature is so high.” I can feel his hand touch my forehead, his voice was fading into me, the words he was saying was slowly losing its sound as I looked up at him with restless eyes. His brows furrowed in much worry, his eyes were watery, was probably going to cry seeing me in my weak state.

 

I just feel so warm and happy right now.

Well, alright, this sick stubborn heck of a Prince is gonna just doze off now then. . .

As long as Kyungsoo’s here.

I know I am safe.

I let myself be taken away by my fatigue, be taken away by my sickness and accept the fact that my fever was getting worst. I just let my eyes close, letting my consciousness drift away from reality. The last thing that I have ever saw was Kyungsoo calling out to someone, although I couldn’t really hear his voice anymore. My eyes are on a blur once again, letting the darkness hover my sight as I let myself sleep and leave for unconsciousness.

 

I’ll be alright.

Kyungsoo is there right?

I’ll be alright.

I don’t really care if I might be just hallucinating again.

It’s alright.

At least I get to see a face.

Kyungsoo’s.

---

 

No One’s POV:

“Are we there yet?” Kyungsoo impatiently scanned the window, as he was awkwardly seated on the left, moving in different sides and directions. His patience it probably wearing thin from too much worry.

“Soo, y’all gotta chill, we’re gonna be there soon.” Was all that Jongdae had said, soothing the other as he rubbed him by the back. Knowing Kyungsoo for quite some time, this man always had the habit of worrying too much, even worse over thinking. Especially when it’s about Chanyeol, he knew the latter would always get himself worked up, walking back and forth from uneasiness, hands sweating as he rubs them together in thought. Jongdae has probably seen almost everything that Kyungsoo has been through, mostly all from Chanyeol’s doing or just plainly because of Chanyeol.

 

“Kyungsoo-yah, would you please sit down and stop roaming aimlessly around? IT seems like you know the code to a nuclear bomb and your weary of getting caught by the Nazis or something.”

“I am sorry, Dae. I just can’t help it, I just –“

“You just can’t get your head off Chanyeol do you?”

“. . . I don’t know.”

“You know, you are too obvious sometimes, you don’t know it, but sometimes to say his name out of oblivion, without you knowing you sometimes speak your thoughts out so loud for me to even hear, even though in reality it’s just a faint whisper.”

“I-I do??”

“Kyungsoo, please. I know Chanyeol has done wrong, but I know you are always capable of forgiving the idiot. Despite him doing those silly things, you know all along the reasons behind them, and I know you aren’t a heart of stone, Soo.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. . .”

“Look, with that state of yours? You think that isn’t obvious enough? You only worry that much if it’s about your family, Sehun – and Chanyeol. I know, we both know you live him as much as I love Ko Ko Bop in the morning. So don’t deny this fact and be once be honest with yourself, that even though you guys are not with each other, I know your heart is where it is and it’s where Chanyeol is, right?”

“. . . Jongdae, I –“

“Tell me, Soo. Am I right or am I RIGHT?

 

When the car finally came to a stop at the Palace Gates, Kyungsoo without hesitation immediately got out of the car, without even waiting for the bodyguards or even Jongdae to open it for him. He rushed up the steps, fast as he could.

“Yah, Kyungsoo! Be careful there will you? You might trip and get your face slammed flat on the floor.” Jongdae joked, letting out a small curve of smile as he watched Kyungsoo run off inside the Palace Grounds, simply ignoring whatever the valet was saying. He followed from behind, as he gestured the guards to take position back into the Palace after parking the car, walking off to where Kyungsoo had also went to in search of his giant fiancé.

 

‘He’s here you big idiot.

And he’s looking for you.

Be very happy and be very afraid.

Lol. Kyungsoo is going to give him an earful later.’

‘This is gonna be fun ~’ Jongdae thought as the smile plastered on his face soon became what seemed to be a wide grin.

 

Kyungsoo on the other hand, wearing the same worried face he pulls up everytime the topic is his giant, elf-eared partner, pranced and walked into different directions, from the Left Wing, down to the Throne Room, the Dining Hall and even at the Elders’ Chamber. He wasn’t just going to go back to their share bedroom and assume that Chanyeol was there, because he knew pretty well Chanyeol wouldn’t even dare to take a step in that room, especially with a fiery and angry Do Kyungsoo. He knows that Chanyeol know he made him pretty upset at what happened, upset and hurt, hurt and sad. But despite that, Kyungsoo never said a word, no one even heard anything from him ever since, except for Jongdae who always tailed behind him all the time. Even Sehun didn’t bother to ask his brother, saying that it was something only couples needed to solve, no sibling should be interfere. He hasn’t seen Jongin in days, or probably he might have passed by him, but never noticed, since his thoughts were all running on and about only one person and just one.

And much to his denial, it was always Chanyeol.

The Park Chanyeol.

The Prince who just actually, suddenly, announced their marriage in a large horde of people inside the locker space in their University one day.

And yes, they got engaged, yes they spent time together and yes they have always said that they would stay as friend for as long as it takes but –

Falling in love with each other wasn’t what they did go as planned.

He knew Chanyeol won’t just be staying at hi Study Room the whole day. He know that when the Prince was depressed, he wanted to be alone, and would usually roam or even walk around the whole Palace out of everyone’s sight just to himself a breather. Despite having a fever, he knew Chanyeol was stubborn, and if it means hurting himself to the point where he would rather ran around the whole Palace and faint himself to death, the Prince would do that.

 

‘Is he a damn masochist?

I mean he likes punishing himself a lot I swear.

When he has problems it’s either he stays in his Study Room for the rest of the day or goes out and roams, and sometimes is never seen or is not even found anywhere.

Nowhere to be found.

Does he like hurting himself? Because sure damn I can give him a favor and punch him in the face, in the gut and even in this balls if he wants me to.

Hell yes, he deserves pain. He deserves the pain treatment I will be glad to give him.

Maybe in bed would do. Yeah in bed –

WHAT THE ACTUAL , DO KYUNGSOO.

STOP. THINKING. OF. INAPPROPRIATE. THOUGHTS.

BAD. BAD KYUNGSOO.’

‘I just want to make him feel how painful it felt for me when I knew he was lying and didn’t tell me about that idiot Byun Baekhyun.’ He pursed his lips in thought, his eyes never leaving the parameters as he was both focused in looking for the Prince and also over thinking.

 

He rushed off to the Right Wing, hoping to see a familiar giant there. A few more rounds and he was this close to giving up. He sat for a little bit on a bench nearby, his breathing a bit uneven from the running he has been doing. He was wiping the sweat dripping off from his forehead until he caught sight of the Study Room. He was still trying to catch his breath as he dawned into the thought, seeing that the door of the room has been left slightly open.

 

Great. Just great.

I knew it.

He went out of his way again. He left the Study Room.

Really now this is so great.

I can’t even point a finger as to how great this has happening is.

I swear to I am going to cry in the middle of the Palace grounds if I don’t see him at this very moment.

 

“Hey ~ Wait up, you made me chase you like crazy. You run so fast despite your short legs.” Jongdae arrived shortly after, holding onto his thighs for support as he himself was catching his own life. When the valet had regained his stance, he raised his head and was shocked at the sight of Kyungsoo giving him a death glare that can or might send him to the underworld.

“What?!”

“Say that word again and you are so going to get your prize.” Kyungsoo threatened, hearing the word ‘short’ can send Jongdae crying in unlimited tears, or even worse can send him flying to heaven in a very early age. He stared at the latter for a good few seconds before the valet stood back up and raised his both his hands in defeat.

“Alright, alright. I am never meant it that way. I am sorry.” Despite the apology, Jongdae was smirking a bit, sarcastically doing this on purpose to piss off the smaller one even more. Much to his efforts though, Kyungsoo didn’t let his emotion slide this time, he knew Jongdae was trying to cheer him up from the worry. He gave out sigh, giving the valet a gentle smile back as he rubbed the wrinkles on his temple away.

“Don’t get too worked up alright? We’ll see him, we’ll find him. He won’t go anywhere but just here.” Jongdae cooed, calming his voice as he tried to soothe Kyungsoo again, patting and rubbing him on the shoulder.

“I’ll go crazy when I still see no sign of this head. He is going to get his own medicine once I find him. I swear I am – ” His words came to a stop as he heard a loud whine, or what seemed to actually be a deep groan of agony. It came from the far left, guessing that the sound might be to the direction where there shared bedroom was. Both him and the valet stared at each other for few, before he immediately got up from his seat and ran towards the said voice. Jongdae followed from behind, his brows furrow in worry and in question.

 

‘Could it be?

Could it be Chanyeol?

 

Please be Chanyeol.’ Was all the Kyungsoo can ever think of as he felt his eyes begin to water. When he saw a figure limping and slowly trying to walk his way to nowhere, that was when the smaller’s eyes sparkled, his heart heightened to a high beat as he ran even faster, familiarity inside him got stronger as the figure came into his view, a small smile of relief drawn into his face as he has finally, FINALLY, seen the person he was longing and wanting to see for quite some time now.

 

‘It’s him.

It really is him.’

 

“Chanyeol?!” He screamed to his lungs, he didn’t care if the guards or if anyone within the palace had heard him, he didn’t care if he was going to be a wailing mess. All he cared about was, after days of pretending that he didn’t care, days of trying his best not to see Chanyeol, those days of denial and those days of hindering himself from even seeing just a spec of his face, his toothy smile and his large ears. All he cared about was he finally can welcome the Prince in his arms once again, feeling so ready to forgive the other.

As Kyungsoo had finally caught up to Chanyeol, the Prince with much effort turned his body around to see his beloved to his rescue. A small smile happened to appear on his face, more like for the first time in days, he had eventually let out a weak, genuine smile. Knowing that his body couldn’t take it anymore, his feet took the first fall, as his knees first landed on the floor. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, his pace faster than the speed of light, extending both his arms to take a hold of the Prince. Successfully, the Prince fell into his warm touch, Kyungsoo’s arms securely holding him by the back.

“Yaaa?! What the hell do you think are you doing? What happened to you??! Oh dear, Chanyeol your temperature is so high.” He shifted his right arm off the Prince’s back, wanting to feel the current temperature he was in. The other arm securely held the giant by the neck, as Kyungsoo kneeled on the ground to support the heaviness of the latter’s body.

 

‘. . . .

You’re having such a high fever.

What have you done to yourself?

 

Oh gosh, Chanyeol, please don’t give up on me now.’ The smaller’s hand began to shake, he was trembling as tears seized to break and fall down from his cheeks. Chanyeol’s eyes soon came to a close, making Kyungsoo pat his cheeks a bit harshly, trying to keep the giant awake and not go full black out.

 

‘No no no no

You are not going to faint on me like that Park Chanyeol.

You can’t give up on me right now.’

 

“Jongdae!!! Dae!!! Help please. . .” He couldn’t take his eyes off of his sick fiancé, the valet came from behind, and with much solace, Jongdae came with his younger brother Sehun.

“Leave it to us, Soo. Me and your brother will take him to your bedroom.” As soon as Jongdae ordered, Sehun was quick to take the giant away from Kyungsoo’s hold, using all his strength to carry the Prince from head to toe. Jongdae on the other hand, assisted Sehun on the other side of Chanyeol’s body, as they walked quickly to the couple’s bedroom.

“Hyung, open the door for us. And when we lay him on the bed, you know what to do.” Sehun said to his brother who was walking behind them, looking back to get a glimpse of his hyung. His eyes speak of determination, giving Sehun a smile and an abrupt nod of assurance. Once they have reached the bedroom, Kyungsoo quickly opened the door wide, giving enough space for Jongdae and Sehun to enter first. After a few more steps, finally reaching the bed, Sehun slowly and surely placed the Prince on the soft covers. The Prince’s breathing was intense, catching some air as if his system was soon going to lose oxygen.

“He’s having  a hard time breathing. Jongdae please get a bowl of cold compress on the fridge, then get two towels, one dry and the other for the compress. Sehun, take all the covers off the bed and turn on the air condition to cool him down.” It was now Kyungsoo’s turn to take the lead. Using his medical prowess and what he was learned in his University in the first few years, he let Chanyeol lay on his back as Sehun took off the thick covers and comforters, as he sat on the bedside to nurse the sick Prince.

“You’ll be okay, you’ll be okay, take it slow Yeol, take it slow. I am here, I am here.” He whispered to Chanyeol’s ear, hoping that would soothe the later to calm down. He ed the Prince’s white polo shirt, putting the fabric on either side of his body to show the giant’s heaving chest and sweaty abs. He can hear him grit his teeth impulsively, might be the cause of his rising heat. Kyungsoo out of sheer realization, stared at Chanyeol’s well-carved abs, to the ever so wonderful torso that he has always dreamt of touching, despite his frequent denial of what he calls his ‘inappropriate thoughts’. He gulped, immediately looking away as a gush of red colored his whole face.

 

Kyungsoo for sake.

This isn’t the time to think of such weird things.

Damn hell, please stop doing this to me Chanyeol.

Even though I know you aren’t doing anything and I am just making myself miserable.

BUT NO KYUNGSOO FOCUS IN GETTING HIS TREATMENT, NOT THE SIGHT OF HIS SWEATY, TASTY ---

. . FOCUS.

 

“Soo, here’s the bowl and the towels you asked.” Kyungsoo flinched and was back into action when Jongdae appeared in front of him. He shook his head away from his thoughts, quickly grabbing the bowl of water and the towels. He first grabbed the dry towel, first wiping the beads of sweat on Chanyeol’s face. Before he was going to wipe the sweat off his whole body, Jongdae fake coughed, taking Kyungsoo to attend to his attention before doing the task at hand.

“Yes Jongdae?”

“Errr, uhm, is there still anything you want us to do?” The valet was trying to hold a smile, his cheeks in as he looked back at Sehun. The younger brother just made a choke sound, trying his very best not to laugh so hard as he got the message as to what Jongdae was implying.

“Yes hyung. Do you still need our assistance for this?”

“Ugh. . . Nothing in particular now why?” Confused, Kyungsoo gave them a suspecting look, making the other two shrug and bow to him with wide grins on their faces.

“What?”

“So our job is done here hyung~”

“You’ll take the stage from here on out right, Soo? So it’s best for us to stay out for a bit in the small living room.”

“we feel a bit tired from carrying him hyung. In case you need us just call us out from outside okay?” Sehun gave out a thumbs up at his brother. Before Kyungsoo could even retort, Sehun already pushed the valet and himself out of the room, Jongdae looking back and giving them a wave before leaving the bedroom the closing the door behind them.

“Wew, that was close.” Sehun sighed, walking over to the small bar as he sat on the stool.

“Woah, what did you think would happen? Some o? You’re still such a kid, boy.” Jongdae rebutted, chuckled down his happiness as he sat beside the other.

“Hey, that’s not what I thought of, it’s just that I might have thought hyung needed their alone time together.” The rainbow-haired man fiddled on the wine glass sitting comfortably at the table, scanning and adoring how clean and clear it was, turning it around and about.

“Or you just felt awkward when Kyungsoo was about to wipe Chanyeol’s chest was it?” Jongdae said it vulgarly, making Sehun look back at him with an unamused stare.

“Ha ha ha. Wasn’t it even your idea to head out because you yourself didn’t want to see it, hm? Ever to high and mighty valet?” Like a diva as usual, Sehun savagely replied, with a matching wobble of his head, rolling his eyes at what Jongdae just accused him of.

“Psh, you look exactly like your hyung. The eye roll and the savagery.”

“Of course. He isn’t my baby brother for nothing. I got his jams but I sway them awesomely than he does.”

“Talk about the overconfidence, You Graciousness.” The valet just shook his head before resting it on top of his palm.

 

‘I wonder what’s going on there now? I bet Kyungsoo’s a better doctor than any other one I’ve seen in the Palace.’

 

Inside the bedroom, Kyungsoo was firmly doing his task at hand, wiping down every scrape and drop of sweat that is left of Chanyeol’s upper body. When he was done, he used the bowl and another towel, rinsing the said cloth on the bowl, squeezing the excess from the cloth and soon placed it on Chanyeol’s forehead and cheeks.  He caressed soothing circles on Chanyeol’s chest, trying to at least calm the other down from breathing so harshly.

“Hey, I’m here now right? You don’t have to torment yourself like this. Please calm down. I’ll take care of you okay? You’ll be alright when I’m around right? I’m here. I’m here.” Kyungsoo, still whispering words to Chanyeol, he doesn’t even know it the other has heard him or not, but he was still trying his best to stabilize the breathing.

A few more minutes as Kyungsoo placed the same towel on Chanyeol’s vital spots, the wrist, his feet and on his neck, he felt accomplished as Chanyeol’s heaving chest that was grasping fast for air has now slowed down into its normal pace. He let his right hand feel the giant’s forehead, glad that his temperature had gone down after much use of the cold compress to keep him cool.

“Aahhh, finally. I am glad. You’ve finally calmed.” Kyungsoo gave a long sigh. His thoughts were all blown away off somewhere else, as all he could ever think about right now was that Chanyeol is already stable from the sudden collapse and high of his fever. A smile drew on his face, as the pale face of the Prince slowly came back to its healthy rosy color. The adrenaline that had gotten off down to Chanyeol’s system has finally came back as Kyungsoo wiped the rest of his body with cold compress.

 

‘Thank heavens. He’s alright. He’s well.

And I thought you were stubborn and didn’t want to be treated.’

 

When Kyungsoo was done, he placed the bowl and the dry towel on the nightstand, taking his place back on the bedside as he sat there comfortably, tugging Chanyeol into a blanket and folding the wet cloth and placing it on top of Chanyeol’s forehead. His hand brushed the softness of Chanyeol’s hair, down to caressing his cheeks and to his lips. He took his time to roam his eyes on every part of the giant, who was now breathing well, and was sleeping soundly. He was spending his time mesmerizing and filling his mind all of the Prince’s elegant and handsome features, all of which he badly missed for the past few days. All of those days that he should’ve spent with the one person he loves the most right now.

‘You still look so amazing, despite being on a weak state.’ Kyungsoo thought as his gaze was now locked on to Chanyeol’s angelic face. Gently he drew small smile, a small giggle escaped his mouth, for the first time in a long time a heart-shape formed in his lips.

“I just really can’t get enough of you, huh? I just can’t live without seeing you another day.” As if Chanyeol was listening, Kyungsoo spoke in his very soft voice, he remembers singing for Chanyeol to sleep, the prince saying that his voice was beginning to come his most favorite lullaby the world has ever heard.

“I’ve missed you so much, so so much.” Kyungsoo tried to lift his weight on the bed, drawing his face closer to the Prince at slumber, their nose touching. Once they were inches closes, Kyungsoo let himself feel the breath of his lover hit his lips before he closed the distance between them and gave Chanyeol a small kiss. When he pulled out, he comfortably shifter himself to lie down, bringing the comforter the tugged on Chanyeol on him as well, as he laid his head on Chanyeol’s chest, his once teary eyes shut closed, tired and contented that that both have finally found themselves in each other’s arms once again.

“It feels nice isn’t it? Having to sleep beside the person you have always wanted to be with for such a long time.” A little few minutes, Kyungsoo was soon drifting in to his slumber; although still half-awake to live in the moment that he finally was with the Prince beside him.

 

‘I’d want to live with this for all of my remaining days with you.

No. I want to live with this for all of my days.

I want to live with Chanyeol. . .

For the rest of my life.’

 

 

 

---

Author’s Notes:

Guess  who’s back???? :’3

YOOOOO~!!! O M GGG HEY GUYSSSS ^ _ ^ <3

I am back from the long hiatus that I have been through T w T

Have you all missed me? //SLAPPED I know you guys missed this fic as much as I did.

But first things first –

I AM REALLY REALLY SORRY. AS IN SORRY TO THE MOON AND BACK T _ T 3

I am really really sorry for leaving this fic for such a long time without prior notice – I deeply apologize for leaving you guys with a cliffhanger as well. Q n Q

Well to elaborate things better. After that Christmas I went on to travel around the world with my parents for a bit. I didn’t really tell anyone I went off since it was a private thing for me and my family. So I had to really leave all my stuff and take on the trip.

Also after I arrived shortly, I got a bit of problems in school, well thesis and intern together isn’t really a good combination to get on with. I had to really deal with my life and get it straight first before I can do this again. I didn’t lose interest to be honest. I just really got a lot of stuff running through my head in those past months. I am really sorry for not updating this for so long.

On the good note tho – I HAVE ALREADY GRADUATED AND I HAVE NEVER FELT SO HAPPY. * U *

Which means I can have even more time to update this fic for you guys now ;; _ ;; I really feel bad for not replying to your comments as I have never checked my account – honestly my beta was the only one checking it from time to time, since she got a lot of time in her hands I always asked her to update the Wattpad one (Which stays at Chapter Fifteen as of the moment.). She literally screenshots all the comments of yours making me feel sad that I couldn’t update for you guys. ;; n ;; 3

For now, this would be one of the longest (Aren’t all the chapters in this story long? X’D) chapters I have made, also I did this because I have finally had the time and MORE time to spend on my boys AND THEIR NEW MVs TELL ME ABOUT IT. KOKOBOP WAS LIT AND POWER IS THE BEST.

NOT TO MENTION EVE WITH THEIR CHOREO – FUDGE KYUNGSOO AND SEHUN’S DANCE MOVES IN SWEAR.

*Coughs* So now, I shall leave you all to read the newest update of this fic and feed yourselves with all the ChanSoo feels.

I love you all, as usual. I will always thank you all for reading my fic and for giving me the best comments and cheer me ups <3 You guys never failed to make me smile. And again, I’ll say this over and over, you guys and EXO are my inspiration to always keep me motivated to write more fics. ^_^**

I could never thank you enough for always supporting and waiting for my updates T w T I love you all.

I promise to never fail you guys again ~ I’ll be frequently updating now and I’ll probably add up a few new fics soon ~ ^_^

Again, I love you all. EXO-L Saranghaja~!!

Also, today this update will be an all-out ChanSoo chapter~!! Since I know you missed them so much.

//Me too actually hek hek <3 <3

As per my favorite line – Happy reading ~ *puing-puing~*